Kitten Marshmallow: 4 weeks old and counting
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 2, 2012
Marshmallow was born on March 1st with low birth weight (~60% of the normal expected weight at about 66g or 2.3 oz). A month later, Marshy is breaking one pound, about 7 times the birthweight. At this point, we're just thankful that she's made it through the first month. What a blessing she is.
Below are some notable changes in Marshy's behavior:
She refuses to stay in her nest box, rebelliously clawing and crying murder when she is placed there. Marshy is also able to regulate her body temperature better now to the point where she no longer needs a heating pad or "rice socks" to keep warm when mama Mochi is not around. We used to place a heating pad beneath the nest box to cover about ½ of the surface area, so Marshy could keep warm, but also move off the heated area if she felt hot.
With her head held high and steady, Marshmallow has become more photogenic as well, often times staring curiously straight into one's eyes, a move that would melt any stone heart.
Marshmallow's developing curiosity drives her to walk a whole lot more to explore the seemingly vast world in front of her. It's amazing to witness her stumbling movements refine into a more stable gait as her hind legs and coordination strengthen and improve to match her front paws. To keep her safe when unsupervised, we have set up a couple of playpens so Marshy can walk "freely" without worries. Besides starting to walk about at a faster pace, she has also picked up scratching and chewing on objects.
Marshmallow loves to interact with her humans, claiming our laps with her naps, climbing up our shirts, playfully grasping our fingers, and sending sweet meows our way.
Maintaining a fluffy hairstyle is not easy. So to keep her coat clean and fluffy, Marshy has instinctively started self-grooming, licking her paws, body, and even wiping her face clean. Of course mama Mochi is around to put on the final touches of tongue baths.
More Pictures at:
Standard YouTube License
- 0:58 Cat loves Baby AWWby mihaifrancuFeatured 768,051
- 2:32 Marshmallow Kitten: Week 5 of many Firstsby sweetfurx4 129,445 views
- 3:30 Kitten Marshmallow Too Busy Playing ( Week 7)by sweetfurx4 137,339 views
- 3:13 Cat Daddy Excited to Meet his Daughter Kitten ( Week 12-14)by sweetfurx4 1,827,493 views
- 1:06 Cat training: Marie learns basic commandsby SweetFurx4 ^_^ 948,962 views
- 10:57 ★ Funny Cats & Dogs - America's Funniest Home Videos AFV Clips Compilation part 578by crypticAFV 2,997,983 views
- 2:35 World's Most Polite Cat!!!by MIkeDeltaVictor 1,556,380 views
- 1:37 Cute Persian kittens: the "I" Litter 1 of ? - 7.10.11by mythicbells 214,707 views
- 2:09 Marshmallow Kitten Development at 3 Weeks Oldby sweetfurx4 257,445 views
- 0:33 Jumbo Teacup Kittenby sweetfurx4 886,688 views
- 2:02 Kitty Pool Party : Meet Exotic Shorthair kitten Pancake 异国短毛猫by sweetfurx4 608,612 views
- 0:52 Kitten Marshmallow Eye Opening Experience - 2 Weeks Oldby sweetfurx4 181,593 views
- 0:35 Warning: Extremely Cute - Baby Jaguar (Cub) Waves His Pawby Creatures Great & Small 1,836,814 views
- 3:09 12 07 27 Hide and seek with Persian kitten Kemo Sabeby Molly Barr 338,080 views
- 4:00 Cutest Kitty EVERby godessbast 11,197,084 views
- 2:20 White kitten Vs White bunny ! (Very Funny video!)by soheiljerusalem 11,791,455 views
- 1:27 Kitten Duet: Spooky Halloween Music on Keyboard Pianoby sweetfurx4 1,938,381 views
- 0:55 Dancing Newborn Marshmallow Kittenby sweetfurx4 339,923 views
- 1:00 Newborn Kitten Marshmallow - Day 12 - Peeking Eyeby sweetfurx4 122,154 views
- 2:16 12 07 20 Bippity Boppity Boo with Persian Kittensby mythicbells 162,194 views
- Loading more suggestions...