This video is unavailable.
"Why Was the Fed Created?" with George Selgin -- Ron Paul Fed Lecture Series, Pt 1/3
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 2, 2012
Rep. Ron Paul sponsored this Congressional lecture on "Why Was the Federal Reserve Created?", the introductory lecture in a three part series on the Federal Reserve System for Congressional staff. As a continuing educational tool this lecture was filmed and is provided to the public. The lecture was delivered by Dr. George Selgin, Professor of Economics at the Terry School of Business at the University of Georgia and author of a number of books on money and banking, such as "Bank Deregulation and Monetary Order" and "Good Money."
Prof. Selgin provides a short but comprehensive explanation of the institutional drawbacks of the United States banking system during the 19th century and how this fueled desire for financial reform. Unfortunately, as Prof. Selgin goes on to describe, the solution of allowing a free market in banking was rejected and instead another layer of government regulation was placed on the banking sector in the form of the Federal Reserve System.
Other lectures in the Fed series to follow:
Pt. 2: What Does the Fed Do? -- http://youtu.be/pRipVd5wxhI
Pt. 3: What is the Fed's Future? -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdX60J...
Related: Ron Paul Money Lecture Series
Pt. 1: "What is Money" -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vowbrq...
Pt. 2: "What is Constitutional Money?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6gMkK...
Pt. 3: "What About Money Causes Economic Crises?" -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npJ0CU...
- 44:16 Ron Paul on Understanding Power: the Federal Reserve, Finance, Money, and the Economyby thefilmarchivesFeatured 53,327
- 53:59 "What is Money?" with Joseph T. Salerno -- Ron Paul Money Lecture Series, Pt 1/3by CongressmanRonPaul 41,138 views
- 59:51 "What is the Fed's Future?" with Roger Garrison -- Ron Paul Fed Lecture Series, Pt 3/3by CongressmanRonPaul 10,214 views
- 1:10:31 "What About Money Causes Economic Crises?" with Peter Schiff - Ron Paul Money Lecture Series, Pt 3/3by CongressmanRonPaul 80,729 views
- 1:03:41 "What Does the Fed Do?" with James Grant -- Ron Paul Fed Lecture Series, Pt 2/3by CongressmanRonPaul 34,804 views
- Ron Paul 111,003 videos8K
- 1:49:29 AMERICA — From Freedom To Fascism (Full Length Documentary)by PreserveOurFreedoms 184,580 views
- 14:15 2012 RON PAUL vs. BEN BERNANKE - 3 Brutal Roundsby pmpowell001 82,876 views
- 5:24 $9,000,000,000,000 MISSING From The Federal Reserve SHOCKING FOOTAGEby littlejimmy95 442,405 views
- 0:31 The Quote That Changed My Views on Politics Foreverby wils5742 421,798 views
- 1:06:19 The Founding of the Federal Reserve | Murray N. Rothbardby misesmedia 75,135 views
- 1:01:57 "What is Constitutional Money?" with Edwin Vieira -- Ron Paul Money Lecture Series, Pt 2/3by CongressmanRonPaul 30,005 views
- 5:33 Ron Paul vs Bernanke: Is Gold Money? - July 13, 2011by campaignforliberty 692,925 views
- 3:43:47 Secrets in Plain Sight 1-23 (Full video)by GnosticMedia 2,225,594 views
- 1:11:13 The Birth of the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank - How usury destroyed Americaby jubair22 25,541 views
- 13:20 Ron Paul vs. Paul Krugman on Bloomberg TV - April 30, 2012by ronpaulusa2012 171,958 views
- 9:19 Greenspan Admits The Federal Reserve Is Above The Law & Answers To No Oneby Illtype 197,673 views
- 5:49 UNDERSTANDING THE FEDERAL RESERVEby InformedTrades 24,621 views
- 5:09 Ron Paul 0wnz the Federal Reserveby rhawk301 889,478 views
- 32:29 Tom Woods - The Great Awakening - Ending The Federal Reserveby InflationUS 35,610 views
- 27:04 Ron Paul VS Paul Krugman 4-30-12 FULL Bloombergby ALLRonPaul 74,088 views
- Loading more suggestions...