how to tell the difference between AGP and AGP x1, x2, x4 and x8
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 7, 2009
this video is continuation of a video i did ages ago about what happens if you put the wrong AGP graphics card in the wrong AGP port.
well i showed you you shouldn't but i didn't show you how to tell the difference between the different cards.
in the video i do mention pci express, more specifically what types there are.
now pci express is easier to work with because if you get say a pci express x16 card and put it in a pci express 8x port in most new mother
boards the 16x card will just work at the ports maximum bus speed so a 16x card will just work at 8x. and visa versa.
Q. can use a pci-e on an AGP mother board ( put it in the white slots )
A. no, not only will it not work it just physically wont fit.
Q. is there any AGP slot higher than 8x.
A. yes there is its an AGP pro slot and it is 16x but there very rare and very expensive.
Q. can you put a pci express card in an AGP slot i herd somewhere that you could.
A. no, different voltages, different pin configuration, difrerent size pins, spacer key is in the wrong place, over all just a different slot, wont fit.
Q. is there any other types of card you can get for an AGP slot like other than graphics cards.
A. not that i know of, there was a rumor about making an all in one graphics sound and Ethernet card to go in that slot but that never came about
its just no good for anything else its a graphics port and designed only to stream graphics data its not much use for anything else.
Q. iv seen a pci-e card that has HDMI that can stream video and audio to a HDTV does this mean that pci-e can run audio card as well.
A. only pci-e ports that are designed to cope with audio can stream audio like the pci-e x1 slots for creative cards, but the HDMI graphics card doesn't actually stream audio though the slot its self you have to plug a SPDIF cable into the card from the mother board and all the audio is streamed though there.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:46 the difference between AGP and AGPX8by viperfrank23,410 views
- 10:00 how to set up your kit part 1by viperfrank3,325 views
- 6:02 Modifying a PCI-E 16x Card to fit into a PCI-E 1x slotby Purkkaviritys8,375 views
- 4:04 Installing AGP video cardby milaniyan17,425 views
- 3:09 How to use PCIe device on a computer that doesn't have any PCIe slotby monopricecom15,025 views
- 7:31 how to replace the magnet on the platter of a technics turntable.by viperfrank7,041 views
- 3:23 PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 - Everything you Need to Know As Fast As Possibleby Techquickie117,246 views
- 17:27 How to choose a video cardby TigerDirect649,197 views
- 6:37 Windows 7 CD/DVD issue when dual booting with XP. How to fix it.by viperfrank10,871 views
- 12:47 Which Graphic Card is for you?: all you need to know and then some.(Epic Guide)by DavinDaGeek20,449 views
- 4:15 PCI Express Technologyby nbarhoum18,816 views
- 9:36 4 PCIe SSDs vs 4 SSDs in RAID 0 - Max Speed Of SSDs In RAID 0? PCIe vs SATA 6Gby ASUSIlluminati22,437 views
- 7:54 How to fix a dodgy connection on your turntables cartridge.by viperfrank34,161 views
- 9:29 How to use a 16x video card in a 1x slot for Triplehead Gaming or Productivityby GadgetsModdingGaming14,598 views
- 3:55 AGP TO PCI EXPRESS CONVERSION IN LESS THAN 4 MINUTES!by BILLY WALKER16,952 views
- 8:19 juegos sin tarjeta grafica pc lentas (loquendo) (1 parte de 4) links en la descby ochou33323,970 views
- 7:58 How to connect a TV to computer, HDTV to PC or laptopby Jason Johnson1,718,849 views
- 24:14 Manutenção de Computadores - Aula 06 - Placa de Vídeo e Fonte ATXby Ilson Marques14,740 views
- 6:03 Unboxing Of Sapphire Radeon HD 4650 AGP 8x Graphics Cardby lmull36,397 views
- 13:48 Instalacion de Tarjeta de Video PCI Express 2.0 1GB DDR3 - Introduccion - Teoriaby Humberto Higinio14,542 views
- Loading more suggestions...