Wild Goose Festival PROMO (short version)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 13, 2011
The Simple Way is looking forward to gathering with friends and co-conspirators the summer and we would like to invite you to join us at The Wild Goose Festival. It is taking place for the first time this June 23-26, at Shakori Hills, near Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. We're gathering at the intersection of justice, spirituality, music and art with the firm intention of becoming a significant space promoting faith-based social change in the United States and elsewhere.
The Simple Way and CONSPIRE will be at Wild Goose (we are sponsoring), where we plan to host some gatherings of co-conspirators to talk about new ways to collaborate and fresh ways to plot goodness. We'll let you know more as the time approaches, but it promises to be an amazing, soul-drenching time. We hope to see many of you there.
In evoking the Wild Goose, a Celtic metaphor for the Holy Spirit, we name our conviction that in the current polarized climate, our greatest hope lies in embracing the creative, open nature of our faith. It will strengthen our relationships with each other, our enemies, our stories, our Scriptures, and the earth.
Our roots in social justice, creativity, and Celtic spirituality are exemplified by our friends at the Greenbelt Festival in the UK, where tens of thousands gather to connect with friends and make new ones; to experience kaleidoscopic art; to be intellectually transformed and resourced for activism; and to have a fantastic time. Greenbelt is now a culture-shaping force in Europe. It launched the 2000 Jubilee campaign against world debt and is a center for spiritual activism on climate change, poverty, and social inclusion. But back in 1974, Greenbelt was only a few hundred people gathering on an English farm.
I hope every one of you will be part of this first Wild Goose Festival community and potential tipping point in the history of justice, faith, and creativity in North America--as important as the legacy of that first Greenbelt.
No one is "branding" this festival. There will be no hierarchies between performers and audience-- we'll interact with each other as equals. It's an amazing lineup (see http://www.wildgoosefestival.org/fest...). So come create your own experience. Do art. Do theology. Sing all night. See amazing films. Stoke your spirit.
Standard YouTube License
- 34:36 Shane Claiborne at Jesus to the Nations 2012by thatshecouldFeatured 836
- 5:17 Voices of the Emerging Church -The Wild Goose Festival 2011by OdysseyNetworks 1,387 views
- 1:14:42 Rich Christians on a Poor Planet - Shane Claiborne on Jesus and Justice at the University of Georgiaby VeritasForum 1,414 views
- 5:07 Brian McLaren #OccupyTheology from Wild Goose Festival 2012by Dale Lature 713 views
- 14:55 Mike Morrell - Day1 Conversations with Peter Wallaceby Day1DotOrg 170 views
- 9:02 New Monastic Shane Claiborne Questions The American Dream - 1/2by 100huntley.com 9,587 views
- 3:25 The Little Farm - What We Doby New Monasticism 281 views
- 2:36 Wild Goose Festival - June 23 - 26, 2011 Shakori Hills Farm, NCby MegaSprayman 4,790 views
- 24:35 Shane Claiborne at #wgf11 Part 2 of 2by Dale Lature 246 views
- 3:13 Derek Webb Interview - Wild Goose Festivalby Wild Goose 861 views
- 27:07 Tony Campolo Interview with Cynthia Bauer (Kupenda founder and director)by Kupenda for the Children 136 views
- 5:00 Justice, Spirituality and the Arts -The Wild Goose Festival 2011by Odyssey Networks 787 views
- 20:00 Frank Schaeffer Part 1 of 2 #wgf11by Dale Lature 1,597 views
- 2:24 Wild Goose Festival PROMOby TSWfilm 3,331 views
- 16:12 WIDE IS THE GATE: The Emerging New Christianity VOLUME 2 *NOW AVAILABLE*by Caryl Productions 55,404 views
- 3:19 Speaking Out: Faith and Sexuality -The Wild Goose Festival 2011by Odyssey Networks 474 views
- 3:21 Conspire Issue 9 "Grit & Grace"by TSWfilm's channel 766 views
- 11:01 Wild Goose Festival Reflections - The Image of Fishby Callid Keefe-Perry 292 views
- 1:15 Likewise Authors at Wild Goose Festivalby likewisebooks 156 views
- 4:14 God sent his son by David Crowder @ Passion 2013by Jobey Thomas 5,633 views
- Loading more suggestions...