The New YouTube Look
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 13, 2012
Watch a discussion about YouTube's new look that rolled out on December 6th, 2012.
You'll see the team that designed, and built, the update answer questions from you -- the YouTube community.
If your question isn't answered, join us for a Reddit IAmA on Tuesday, December 18th 2012 at 10am PT / 1pm ET
Click the links below to skip to a specific question within the video:
1:07 - "What motivated you to make the change? What advantages do you think come with the change?"
3:14 - "After the new layout was released, I have been receiving far fewer views on my new uploads than normal. Is this behavior intended, or is it an unintended oversight?"
5:25 - "Why was the list of Trending Videos removed? Now, I have to go to Reddit to find out what videos are trending on YouTube."
7:42 - "The default is "what to watch". People subscribe to channels so they can see those channels' videos. So the default should be uploads from subscriptions -- why isn't it?"
11:33 - "Formerly, when I was viewing a video and I wanted to view another video from this user, there was a drop-down menu that allowed me to see their other uploads. Why did you remove this when it was one of the handiest features?
14:01 - "Why not scrap the "guide" and bring back the "add/remove modules" function on the homepage -- everybody was happy with that, and we could get all the videos that we wanted to see.
18:12 - "Why is the video title at the bottom, with the "Guide" and "More Results" tabs near the top?"
20:41 - "Why is the layout not centered?"
22:00 - "What happened to the "use old embed code" option that was there when you shared a video? I use that option all the time to link to ebay and now it's not there -- this is detrimental!"
23:15 - "You dumbed down advance search -- badly. You can't filter by things like view count and upload date. What's the deal? "
24:15 - "Why isn't there a button that I can click on to go directly to my inbox from the homepage? I have to click on too many links to get to there. I should only have to click once."
24:58 - "Why did you take away the browse button? It makes it more difficult to discover new videos."
26:49 - What's next? Should we expect to see anything else in the coming months?
Standard YouTube License
- 4:15 Rewind YouTube Style 2012by YouTube SpotlightFeatured 115,812,030
- 2:15 YouTube's 7th Birthdayby YouTube Spotlight 758,233 views
- 0:35 Improve YouTube Video Awesomenessby YouTube 220,138 views
- 2:23 How do you get featured on YouTube?by YouTube 598,704 views
- 1:28:18 2012 The TRUTH You're NOT Being TOLD Part 2 (Full Length 88min)by BraveArcherFilms 637,499 views
- 7:43 Black (Cumin) Seed Oil Cures Everything!by YourHairIsYourGlory's channel 77,505 views
- 52:30 Will the Earths Magnetic Fields Shiftby Sarah Livesey 727,883 views
- 1:12:56 Lecture 1a: Overview and Introduction to Lispby skyde266 5,803 views
- 20:25 Good Eats S03E10 Head Games (Cabbage)by Good Eats 26,596 views
- 3:06 Planting and Growing Artichokesby pondplantgirl's channel 2,509 views
- 9:52 John Deere 318 throwing snowby mrmatt57 32,229 views
- 23:42 iPad Mini Disassembly & Reassembly | Step-by-Step Teardown | Take Apart Repair Guideby iamphones's channel 4,730 views
- 7:15 The Chemistry of Beer Featuring Sam Adam's Brewing Manager Grant Woodby BytesizeScience 30,010 views
- 15:47 The Position of Light: Ep 228: Digital Photography 1 on 1: Adorama Photography TVby adoramaTV 60,273 views
- 13:16 Homestuck Vol.8 - 36 Cascadeby Scream for me 427,277 views
- 2:17 The YouTube Collection: The Magic of YouTube in Your Handsby YouTube Spotlight 3,679,863 views
- 1:44 If I quote another source, will I be penalized for duplicate content?by Google Webmasters 13,289 views
- 20:16 The Economy Is Going To Implode Pt.5 of 8by AnnBarnhardt 32,768 views
- 1:01:20 Ubuntu UDS R - Monday Plenary: Design, VALVE, App Devs and QAby ubuntudevelopers 13,117 views
- 13:03 Illustrator CS6 Logo Design Tutorial - Archfoldby DesignCourse.com 182,049 views
- Loading more suggestions...