The Miracle Worker SCENE - Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home MOVIE (1986) - HD
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 9, 2011
Scotty (James Doohan) introduces an astonished engineer to future technology in order to build the whale tanks.
TM & © Paramount (2011)
Buy Movie: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UT...
Scene: The Miracle Worker - http://movieclips.com/Ygyi-star-trek-...
Movie Details: Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home (1986) - http://movieclips.com/yH9Q-star-trek-...
Cast: James Doohan, Alex Henteloff, DeForest Kelley
Director: Leonard Nimoy
Producer: Brooke Breton, Harve Bennett, Kirk R. Thatcher, Ralph Winter
Screenwriter: Gene Roddenberry, Harve Bennett, Leonard Nimoy, Nicholas Meyer, Peter Krikes, Steve Meerson
Film Description: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home is a 1986 motion picture released by Paramount Studios. It is the fourth feature film based on the Star Trek science fiction television series. It completes the story begun in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and continued in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. Intent on returning home to Earth to face trial for their crimes, the former crew of the USS Enterprise travels to Earth's past in order to save their present from a probe attempting to communicate with long-dead humpback whales.
After directing The Search for Spock, cast member Leonard Nimoy was asked to direct the next feature, and given greater freedom to the film's content. Nimoy and producer Harve Bennett conceived a story with an environmental message. After dissatisfaction with the first script produced by Steve Meerson and Peter Krikes, Paramount hired The Wrath of Khan writer and director Nicholas Meyer, who collaborated with Bennett to rewrite the script. Principal photography started on February 24, 1986, with many real locations used as stand-ins for locations around San Francisco. Effects house Industrial Light & Magic assisted in postproduction chores, including the creation of animatronic whales. Composer Leonard Rosenman wrote the film's score.
The Voyage Home's humor and unconventional story was well received by critics, fans of the series and the general audience. It was financially successful, earning $133 million worldwide. The film earned four Academy Award nominations, for Best Cinematography, Best Effects, Best Music and Best Sound.
Plot: A large cylindrical probe moves through space towards Earth, sending out an indecipherable signal and disabling the power of any vessel or station that it passes. As it takes up orbit around Earth, it continues signaling, disrupting the global power system and causing extreme weather patterns to develop over the planet while evaporating the oceans. Starfleet Command, on the last of its power reserves, sends out a subspace signal warning of the danger.
On the planet Vulcan, the former officers of the USS Enterprise are living in exile after the events of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. Accompanied by the Vulcan Spock, still recovering from his resurrection, the crew takes their stolen Klingon starship and head to Earth to face trial for their theft and destruction of the Enterprise. As they enter the solar system, they hear Starfleet's warning and the alien signal; Spock determines that it matches the song of humpback whales, long since extinct on Earth, and that the object will continue to wreak havoc on the planet until its call can be answered. The crew use their ship to travel back in time by a slingshot maneuver around the Sun; the plan is to go to the past and return with whales to repopulate the species.
The crew travels back in time to the year 1986, but their ship's power is drained in the process. Hiding their ship using its cloaking device in San Francisco, the crew splits up to accomplish their tasks: James T. Kirk and Spock attempt to locate humpback whales, Montgomery Scott, Leonard McCoy and Hikaru Sulu must create a holding tank for the return trip, and Uhura and Pavel Chekov search for a way to recharge the ship. Kirk and Spock discover a pair of humpback whales—"George" and "Gracie"—in the care of Dr. Gillian Taylor at the Sausalito Cetacean Institute and learn they will soon be released into the wild. Kirk attempts to learn the tracking codes for the whales from Taylor, but is turned down. Scott, McCoy, and Sulu procure the necessary materials for the holding tank by giving the formula for transparent aluminum to a local manufacturer; Uhura and Chekov beam aboard a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier and draw some of its power to recharge their ship, but are discovered. Though Uhura is beamed back, Chekov is severely injured in an escape attempt and captured. Kirk and his allies rescue him from a hospital and return to the ship.
The ship is successfully recharged, but Taylor learns the whales have been moved early. Kirk reluctantly allows her on the ship to get the tracking codes. The crew locates George and Gracie before they...
Standard YouTube License
- 2:40 Star Trek 6 (2/8) Movie CLIP - He's Planning His Escape (1991) HDby movieclips Featured 28,348
- 2:37 Nuclear Wessels SCENE - Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home MOVIE (1986) - HDby movieclips41,175 views
- 2:43 Operation Chekov - Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home (9/10) Movie CLIP (1986) HDby movieclips39,148 views
- 2:24 Khan's Last Breath SCENE - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan MOVIE (1982) - HDby movieclips113,424 views
- 3:22 The Shower - Psycho (5/12) Movie CLIP (1960) HDby movieclips682,827 views
- 10 videos Play all Star Trek the battleby T800OSG
- 5:55 The Wit and Wisdom of Montgomery Scottby TrekCore36,862 views
- 5:22 Scott & Picard ** Star Trek TNG Relics ( Holodeck )by Assunfer212,352 views
- 2:58 Star Trek TNG Cloakingby astorm13298164,705 views
- 6:23 Star Trek Bloopersby heroesfan4lifewebs1,282,798 views
- 4:16 Star Trek III - Genesis Battleby RayStyles300141,806 views
- 2:43 Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home (8/10) Movie CLIP - Interrogating Chekov (1986) HDby movieclips26,909 views
- 4:55 Kirk & Crew rescue Chekov from 20th Century Medicineby GEMINITREKKER45,886 views
- 2:41 Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home (6/10) Movie CLIP - Hard Luck Cases (1986) HDby movieclips27,300 views
- 2:34 Spock's Funeral SCENE - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan MOVIE (1982) - HDby movieclips154,040 views
- 3:26 'The Best Ending Ever' Star Trek: The Next Generation (S3E14) Endingby DraftMasterJohn330,530 views
- 2:04 Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home (2/10) Movie CLIP - Saving the World (1986) HDby movieclips17,298 views
- 33:53 Star Trek: Phoenix - Cloak & Dagger Part I (Full Version)by StarTrekPhoenix78,737 views
- 6:01 My favorite Star Trek mistakesby Erlend Aakre84,334 views
- 2:19 Star Trek (8/9) Movie CLIP - Spock Meets Spock (2009) HDby movieclips178,953 views