Madam-Turned-Pol Kristin Davis: Can NY Stand a Gov Who's Convicted *Before* Taking Office?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 7, 2010
Kristin Davis rose to notoriety as the madam who provided New York Attorney General and Gov. Eliot Spitzer with the escorts that led to his demise. Davis ended up going to jail for providing a business populated by and for consenting adults. Spitzer's penalty? Possibly getting a show on CNN.
Now Davis herself is running the Empire State's top slot in Albany, on a platform this is simple and straightforward in libertarian sanity: She wants to legalize (and tax) marijuana and prostitution. For a state as deep in the red as New York, that's no joke. She has also proposed liberalizing gaming laws and called for gambling casinos in the Catskills.
"I built a multi-million dollar escort service from scratch before pleading guilty to promoting prostitution," she writes. "Prostitution in New York is estimated to be a $5 Billion a year business. Legalization and a reasonable tax rate could bring $ 1Billion in new revenues to New York State each year. Legalizing Marijuana would reap another $2 Billion a year. Then New York could balance the budget and still cut property and income taxes."
Additionally, she wants to legalize gay marriage because the state shouldn't discriminate and highlight the inequities of a criminal justice system that treats the politically powerless far worse than the politically powerful. Read more here.
Davis' official campaign site is at http://www.kristindavis2010.com/
Davis has enlisted the aid of legendary political operative Roger Stone for a campaign which has no chance of knocking off presumptive gubernatorial shoe-in Andrew Cuomo. But her run gives voice to a series of issues that deserve to be heard now more than ever. And her run gives form to a vision of smart governance and policy that is not simply provocative but utterly persuasive.
Reason.tv's Nick Gillespie sat down with Davis to talk about her platform, the hypocrisy of elected officials, and her coming web-based reality show, Madam Governor, which will document her campaign.
Shot by Dan Hayes and Meredith Bragg; edited by Bragg. Approximately 5 minutes.
Go to http://reason.tv for downloadable versions. Subscribe to Reason.tv's YouTube channel for automatic notification when new material goes live.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:08 Kristin Davis announcing her run for Governor of New York Stateby Lantonio163Featured 15,022
- 5:05 Madam Governor? Legal Weed & Hookers? Accuses Spitzer of Physical Abuse, Patterson of Coverup :)by RevolutionNewz 4,629 views
- 6:35 Madam_Governor-1by MadamGovernor 35,314 views
- 0:51 N.Y. Gubernatorial Debate's Lighter Momentsby CBSNewsOnline 15,667 views
- 5:17 Manhattan Madam, Kristin Davis, on Good Day NY -Oct 2012by MadamGovernor 1,068 views
- 10:38 Janet Jackson on The Anderson Show Part 1/3by Janet Journey 13,337 views
- 6:38 Kristin Davis 2010 New York Gubernatorial Debateby MadamGovernor 2,445 views
- 7:53 Manhattan Madam - Part 1 (6/25/2010)by StateofPolitics 4,134 views
- 2:01 Hooker Kristin Davis cant do any worse than clowns there now.movby radiovice 3,795 views
- 1:33 Raw Video: Comedy, Jabs at NY Race Debateby AssociatedPress 9,250 views
- 1:32 Manhattan Madam Kristin Davis challenged during Speech at Birthday Partyby BlasianBytch 2,129 views
- 6:17 All the President's Newsmenby ReasonTV 11,188 views
- 3:49 Vincente Fox says, " Legalize It! "by thetruthergirls 1,652 views
- 2:57 Tea Party Member Stuns Crowd! ORIGINAL!!!by secularstupidest 3,375,786 views
- 9:44 Will California Legalize Pot? Q&A With Tom Ammanianoby ReasonTV 9,837 views
- 9:10 Overdose Director Martin Borgs on the Next Financial Disasterby ReasonTV 9,414 views
- 0:52 Weiner says anyone from BP with a British accent is lyingby Douglas Johnston 16,828 views
- 1:39:53 Opportunity - US Zeitgeist 2010by zeitgeistminds 39,304 views
- 3:16 Red Eyes @ Kristin Davisby HampapartietsUngdom 2,238 views
- 5:47 Kristin Davis Thisis50 Interview - Part1by Thisis50Interviews 9,194 views
- Loading more suggestions...