Rupert Sheldrake - The Science Delusion BANNED TED TALK
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 15, 2013
Re-uploaded as TED have decided to censor Rupert and remove this video from the TEDx youtube channel. Follow this link for TED's statement on the matter and Dr. Sheldrake's response: http://blog.ted.com/2013/03/14/open-f...
If anyone would like to prepare a transcript or caption file in any language so non-English speakers or the deaf and hard of hearing can enjoy this talk, please do so and I will be happy to upload it. Just PM me. Or the video is embedded on the Amara project website, so you can add subtitles there at: http://tinyurl.com/bwexn5q
DR RUPERT SHELDRAKE, Ph.D. (born 28 June 1942) is a biologist and author of more than 80 scientific papers and ten books. A former Research Fellow of the Royal Society, he studied natural sciences at Cambridge University, where he was a Scholar of Clare College, took a double first class honours degree and was awarded the University Botany Prize. He then studied philosophy and history of science at Harvard University, where he was a Frank Knox Fellow, before returning to Cambridge, where he took a Ph.D. in biochemistry. He was a Fellow of Clare College, Cambridge, where he was Director of Studies in biochemistry and cell biology. As the Rosenheim Research Fellow of the Royal Society, he carried out research on the development of plants and the ageing of cells in the Department of Biochemistry at Cambridge University.
While at Cambridge, together with Philip Rubery, he discovered the mechanism of polar auxin transport, the process by which the plant hormone auxin is carried from the shoots towards the roots.
From 1968 to 1969, based in the Botany Department of the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, he studied rain forest plants. From 1974 to 1985 he was Principal Plant Physiologist and Consultant Physiologist at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) in Hyderabad, India, where he helped develop new cropping systems now widely used by farmers. While in India, he also lived for a year and a half at the ashram of Fr Bede Griffiths in Tamil Nadu, where he wrote his first book, A New Science of Life.
From 2005-2010 he was the Director of the Perrott-Warrick Project funded from Trinity College,Cambridge. He is a Fellow of Schumacher College , in Dartington, Devon, a Fellow of the Institute of Noetic Sciences near San Francisco, and a Visiting Professor at the Graduate Institute in Connecticut.
He lives in London with his wife Jill Purce http://www.healingvoice.com and two sons.
He has appeared in many TV programs in Britain and overseas, and was one of the participants (along with Stephen Jay Gould, Daniel Dennett, Oliver Sacks, Freeman Dyson and Stephen Toulmin) in a TV series called A Glorious Accident, shown on PBS channels throughout the US. He has often taken part in BBC and other radio programmes. He has written for newspapers such as the Guardian, where he had a regular monthly column, The Times, Sunday Telegraph, Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, Sunday Times, Times Educational Supplement, Times Higher Education Supplement and Times Literary Supplement, and has contributed to a variety of magazines, including New Scientist, Resurgence, the Ecologist and the Spectator.
Books by Rupert Sheldrake:
A New Science of Life: The Hypothesis of Formative Causation (1981). New edition 2009 (in the US published as Morphic Resonance)
The Presence of the Past: Morphic Resonance and the Habits of Nature (1988)
The Rebirth of Nature: The Greening of Science and God (1992)
Seven Experiments that Could Change the World: A Do-It-Yourself Guide to Revolutionary Science (1994) (Winner of the Book of the Year Award from the British Institute for Social Inventions)
Dogs that Know When Their Owners are Coming Home, and Other Unexplained Powers of Animals (1999) (Winner of the Book of the Year Award from the British Scientific and Medical Network)
The Sense of Being Stared At, And Other Aspects of the Extended Mind (2003)
With Ralph Abraham and Terence McKenna:
Trialogues at the Edge of the West (1992), republished as Chaos, Creativity and Cosmic Consciousness (2001)
The Evolutionary Mind (1998)
With Matthew Fox:
Natural Grace: Dialogues on Science and Spirituality (1996)
The Physics of Angels: Exploring the Realm Where Science and Spirit Meet (1996)
These videos are released under a Creative Commons BY-NC-ND license, so they can be freely shared and reposted. (from http://www.ted.com/pages/about)
Standard YouTube License
- 38:08 AFTERLIFE INVESTIGATIONS (BONUS INTERVIEW-1) - Rupert Sheldrake, PhDby UFOTVstudios Featured 160,423
- 29:46 Dr. Rupert Sheldrake talks about his banned TED talk on Skeptiko with Alex Tsakiris 02/04/2013by revolutionloveevolve67,092 views
- 18:45 Graham Hancock - The War on Consciousness BANNED TED TALKby revolutionloveevolve312,717 views
- 57:53 Graham Hancock talks about his banned TED talk on the Lifeboat Hour with Mike Ruppert 17/03/2013by revolutionloveevolve81,032 views
- 1:37:43 The Extended Mind: Recent Experimental Evidenceby GoogleTechTalks362,971 views
- 22:01 Sarah Silverman: A new perspective on the number 3000by tedleaks747,500 views
- 12:16 Rupert Sheldrake on the TED controversyby ThunderboltsProject22,241 views
- 18:20 Banned TED Talk: The Science Delusion - Rupert Sheldrake at TEDx Whitechapelby KosmicTom83,207 views
- 5:50 Banned TED Talk: Nick Hanauer "Rich people don't create jobs"by Zubenelgenubiii665,607 views
- 1:20:26 SCIENCE SET FREE - Rupert Sheldrakeby The Chopra Well28,228 views
- 10:52 10 Amazing Science Experiments you can do with Eggsby Taras Kul318,544 views
- 2:31:13 Graham Hancock's "Quest For The Lost Civilization" **FULL MOVIE**by xP3AC3MAK3Rx1,025,165 views
- 40 videos Play all Psychology TED Talksby LearnAboutPsychology
- 1:37:11 Rupert Sheldrake and Bruce Lipton A Quest Beyond the Limits of the Ordinaryby bangonitdave58,061 views
- 1:00:19 Deepak Chopra Interviews Rupert Sheldrake - New book "Science Set Free"by Blodwen040410,803 views
- 7:24 Paris Jackson Warns the World about the Illuminatiby Collective Revolution958,043 views
- 30:09 RUPERT SHELDRAKE: Science Set Free, Part 1 | EU2013by ThunderboltsProject67,303 views
- 6:08 TED vs Sarah Silvermanby Hunor Peter482,163 views
- 1:20:28 Rupert Sheldrake - The Morphogenetic Universeby BroadcastBC46,732 views
- 1:09:34 McKenna, Abraham, Sheldrake - The Evolutionary Mind (1/3)by loadedshaman44,298 views