Babri Masjid -- Mosque Demolition: Rare Video on the Background of the Dispute
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 29, 2010
The Babri Masjid, named after the founder of the Mughal Empire, Babur, was demolished by a mob of 150,000 Hindutva fascist in 1992. Thousands of people, mainly Muslims were killed following the demolition.
This is an interesting and rare video recorded in 1991, a year before the demolition, it digs into the background of the dispute and its origins.
Documentary, 20 mins: http://www.ndtv.com/news/videos/video...
Liberhan Report: BJP's Nightmare, 97 mins. http://www.ndtv.com/news/videos/video...
Academic Articles on Hindu King's Destroying Each Others Temples and the Muslim response:
Part I: http://www.hinduonnet.com/fline/fl172... (A Must Read).
Part II: http://www.hinduonnet.com/fline/fl172... (A Must Read).
Hindu Temples Destroyed by Hindu Rulers:
1089-1101 AD: King Harsha of Kashmir of the first Lohara dynasty indulged in ruthlessly looting the treasures of the temples of Bhimasai and also systematically confiscated and defiled the metallic statues of Gods by outcasts throughout the Kashmir valley in order to obtain the valuable material. He even imposed tax on the night soil. (Ref. Kalhana, Rajataran-gini, Vol. 1, sec. 5, Motilal Banarsidas, page 113)
642 AD: Pallava king Narasimhavarman I looted the image of Ganesha from the Chalukyan capital of Vatapi (present day Badami in Belgaum dist.)
692 AD: Chalukyas invaded North India and brought back to the Deccan what would appear to be images of Ganga and Yamuna looted from defeated powers.
8th century AD: Bengali troops sought revenge on King Lalithaditya's kingdom in Kashmir by destroying what they thought was an image of Vaikunta the state deity of Kashmir kingdom.
9th century AD: Rashtrakuta king Govinda III invaded and occupied Kanchipuram which so intimidated the King of Sri Lanka that he sent Govinda (probably Buddhist) images representing the Sinhala state.
Rashtrakuta king Indira III not only destroyed the temple of Kalapriya at Kalpa near the Jamuna river, patronized by their deadly enemies, the Pratiharas, but they took special delight in recording the fact.
9th century AD: Pandyan King Srimara Srivallabha also invaded Sri Lanka and took back to his capital golden Buddha image.
Early 10th century, Pratihara King, Hermabapala, seized solid gold image of Vishnu Vaikunta when he defeated the Sahi kings of Kangra (Himachal Pradesh)
Early 11th century: Chola King, Rajendra I furnished his capital with images he seized from several prominent neighbouring kings: Durga and Ganesha images from the Chalukyas, Bhairava, Bhairavi and Kali images from the Kalingas or Orissa as Nandi image from the Eastern Chalukyans.
(Ref: David Gilmartin and Bruce B. Lawrence (ed.), Beyond Hindu and Turk, University Press of Florida, 2000.
Mosques Destruction by Hindu Rulers
In the year 1547 AD Ali Adil Shah I of the Qutub Shahi Dynasty (Golconda) asked the help of Rama Raya (Vijaynagar Emperor) to attack the Nizam Shahi's of Ahmadnagar. Following the illustrious victory, the Vijaynager army burned to ashes as many mosques and other places of importance they could find in the city of Ahmadnagar.[Ref: Tarik-i-Firishtah Vol II, pg 36 - 37]
Standard YouTube License
- 5:54 Dr Zakir Naik - Babri Majid and Ram Janam Issueby navedziaFeatured 121,849
- 2:19 Destruction of Babari Masjid/Mosque: Ayodhya, India, 1992 (India's Al Aqsa)by Nahda Productions: The Islamic Revival Channel 331,532 views
- 1:42 The day Babri Masjid was demolishedby newsxlive 319,135 views
- 0:40 Vajpayee Provoking Hindus Prior Babri Demolition - 1by kashifhotcolddrink 62,810 views
- 48:05 Facts Behind Babri Masjid Demolition: A True Storyby Shakul Singh 100,901 views
- 5:01 Babri Masjid Demolition (RSS Way) Part -1by kashifhotcolddrink 57,866 views
- 2:03 Indian TV feature: Destruction of Babari Masjid/Mosque: Ayodhya, India, 1992 (India's Al Aqsa)by fazzamin 18,354 views
- 1:12:41 Real Story Behind the Demolition Babri Masjid in indiaby Awaz DO 24,281 views
- 1:41 Babri Masjid demolition on 6th Dec 1992 at Ayodhyaby ravistudios 27,574 views
- Babri Mosque 1,306 videos25
- 8:40 Babri Masjid issueby rutwikbasu 100,124 views
- 3:01 20 years after Babri Masjid demolition, is Ayodhya frozen in time?by NDTV 2,419 views
- 13:05 BABRI MASJID PART2.mpgby iitbhu1 19,472 views
- 1:16:01 Babri masjid a must watch A history of blood in india lesson for pease Black day with Eng subby AyodhyaFizabad 22,124 views
- 14:55 Talk on Babri Masjid Demolition (1/4)by ExposingTruth1992 84,406 views
- 44:38 Full Ramayan by Mukesh Ayodhya Kanda part 1by SanatanDharmi's channel 10,313 views
- 14:13 Babri Masjid Issue and demolition: Rare impartial Video and Background of the Disputeby fazzamin 2,940 views
- 42:46 Ayodhya Darshanby tseriesbhakti 32,168 views
- 4:06 Ayodhya Vihari Sri Ram Ram Ramaby BhajansDotCom 4,476 views
- 40:43 Documentary on Shri Ram Janam Bhoomi in Ayodhyaby hearthorbeguy 39,592 views
- 12:19 IMB 11 Mei 2013 ~ SANDRINA Feat SATRIYO AYODYA DANCER Grand Final Part 2by Lita Andara 1,613 views
- Loading more suggestions...