World powers describe Iran nuclear talks as 'serious and substantive'
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 17, 2013
For the most part world powers appear pleased with the way two days of talks in Geneva have gone...
euronews, the most watched news channel in Europe
Subscribe for your daily dose of international news, curated and explained:http://eurone.ws/10ZCK4a
Euronews is available in 13 other languages: http://eurone.ws/17moBCU
For the most part world powers appear pleased with the way two days of talks in Geneva have gone with Iran over its nuclear programme.
The US called them "serious and candid", although Russia said there was no need for applause.
Despite there being no promised breakthrough, Europe's foreign policy chief applauded the change from confrontation to dialogue.
Catherine Ashton, European Union High Representative for Foreign Affairs said: "It's a new team. We've had the opportunity as I've already indicated, to talk in much greater detail than ever before, to answer each other's questions."
Iran's view of the talks was also positive, hinting that it might even scale back sensitive atomic activities in return for the lifting of US.-led sanctions.
"As far as the United States is concerned we have an open mind, we are prepared to allow the United States to show its good intentions and goodwill. Of course we need to witness good faith, good faith would require you to move in the same direction," said Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif,
But diplomats are yet to be convinced that Iran is not trying to build atomic bombs.
Find us on:
Standard YouTube License
- 20:30 Obama's full address on debt deal: 'Americans fed up with Washington' (recorded live feed)by euronews (in English)6,875 views
- 2:03 Priebke, a Nazi war criminal's remains with nowhere to goby euronews (in English)766 views
- 2:48:32 Catherine Ashton's speech closing Iran nuclear talks in Geneva (recorded live feed)by euronews (in English)1,816 views
- 1:31 New study says 30 million people held in modern day slaveryby euronews (in English)1,317 views
- 1:37:28 Iran Nuclear Weapons Debate 1 of 2by hmspervasive1,415 views
- 16:41 MOHAMMAD JAVAD ZARIF, محمدجواد فريب ؛by YekEsfahaniDarParis5,959 views
- 55:23 Raw: Hassan Rouhani full interview with Amanpourby CNN66,996 views
- 7:17 Javad Zarif ;Obama Insulted Iranian ? توهین اوباما به مردم ایرانby shirzadegangallery1 .5,120 views
- 1:49:47 Hasan Rouhani's Report to Iranian People after 100 days -گزارش 100 روزه عملکرد دولت روحانیby AVA 24928 views
- 32:16 December 5 2013 Is Israel preparing for a preemptive strike on Iran??? 1 of 2by u2bheavenbound13,974 views
- 14:47 October 12 2013 Breaking News Israel plans to strike Iran? 2 of 2 Last days news prophecyby mehtapozer263 views
- 13:03 مدرک انگلیسی یا هدیه انگلیسی؟by سپیده دم19,951 views
- 8:46 Why Did France Thwart The Iran Nuclear Deal?by TheRealNews6,079 views
- 2:40 Iran - Nuclear negotiations waste of time says Saudi Arabiaby NotRussiaToday5,860 views
- 26:02 BBC: Our World - Iran's Secret Armyby Darius Bazargan47,144 views
- 12:27 Zbigniew Brzezinski: Iran Willing to Negotiate on Nuclear Programby NewsmaxTV1,666 views
- 11:58 BREAKING POINT - WW3 imminent as Israel will strike Iran - Armageddonby Brave New World24,289 views
- 4:31 December 5 2013 Breaking News Israel states Iran Less Than A Month Building Nuclear Bombby u2bheavenbound7,528 views
- 59:07 History of Modern Iran: A Nuclear Islamic Republic | BBC Documentaryby DocumentaryNation122,818 views
- 2:29 Iran's foreign minister talks of a "new phase" in easing tensionsby TheWorldVideoNews130 views
- Loading more suggestions...