Published on Mar 29, 2013
►►►Read First◄◄◄ * WATCH IN 1080p* !
notebook black screen fix
Hi guys, today i´ll Show you how to fix / repair a black Screen on boot on your Notebook ! "
I did this fix on a Fujitsu Siemens amilo xi2428, works on every Laptop :-)
Before you try this be sure to have tried this :
- Try Fn + F5 or something like that
- Remove battery, unplug power, hold power button for 60 seconds, turn on computer with power plug only, then shutdown, add battery and restart
3. Magnetic On/Off Switch to detect of Close/Open Lid
- Your magnet switch is fubar some how. Open up the speaker cover and see if your lid actuator switch that come in contact with the magnet on your lid cover is stuck or not (find where the magnet is in the back of the front lid cover, trace where the magnet area actually touches the base of the computer and you will find the switch)
- Workaround, start windows with lid at 30 degree angle
- You need to replace either Inverter, Blacklight, or everything. =)
-Display cable / connector broken (Screen should flicker if you rotate it )
- Broken gprahics chip / Card.
When you have checked those steps, you can be sure that it is the graphics chip.
You will need to do a reflow or professional reballing.
Other common symptoms are:
- Black Screen
- Vertical - Horizontal lines
- Color flashes
- image distortion
- Laptop power off
- RGB lines
- Disassemble laptop
- Mask GPU with aluminum foil
- Install thermocouple sensor
- Preheat at ~220C using heatgun (2-3min)
- Intense heat at 260-280 (1-2 minutes)
- Cool down
- Assemble and test display
- In case some issues remain, reflow the back of GPU
- Tweak GPU heatsink using thermal transfer compound or adhesive
- Test your display again!
Just follow the steps shown in the Video :-)
I hope this works for you!
Thanks for watching and good luck guys !
*HP DV9000 blank screen fix! Video problem BGA rework
This fix also works on the HP DV2000, DV6000 and DV9000 there are a couple more HP's with this BGA video issue (TX1000, TX20000). Also effected by this issue are a couple Compaq models. The Comaq Presario V3000 V6000 and a couple of the Pavilion models.*
Standard YouTube License