"The Hobbit" Comes to The Comedy-O-Rama Hour Sat. Jan. 12, at 2:30 pm ET on Cult Radio-A-Go-Go!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 11, 2013
"The Hobbit"Comes to The Comedy-O-Rama Hour Saturday, January 12, at 2:30 pm ET on Cult Radio-A-Go-Go!
Jim Folly & Kenny Savoy return to Camp Waterlogg, part of The Joe Bev 3-Hour Block - starts 2:30 pm ET / 11:30 am PT, Saturday, January 12, on CRAGG
Hobbit parody airs online Saturday11:30 ET am on CultRadioAGoGo.com
This Saturday, January 12, at 2:30 pm ET / 11:30 am PT, "The Joe Bev 3-Hour Block" will include radio comedy, classic jazz and radio drama, starting with The Comedy-O-Rama Hour, then The Jazz-O-Rama Hour and The Joe Bev Experience following. Listen online for free at http://www.cultradioagogo.com.
First, "The Hobbit" is parodied on The Comedy-O-Rama Hour: Camp Waterlogg-A-Go-Go! "Andy in the Underground, Stinky in the Cheese."
During the hour radio theater comedy, Sgt. Lefty, Ellis, Adam, and Woody take Andy (all voiced by Joe Bevilacqua) on a hike in the woods. The scenes were improvised and recorded in stereo by Bevilauqa in the actual snow covered woods behind his home in the Catskills.
While hiking, Andy falls down a hole, lands in Middle Earth and plays cards with the Baby of the Woods, Golum, and Bilbo Baggins (all voiced by Lorie Kellogg). Andy wins the game and the ring and becomes the Lord of the Rings and invisible.
Meanwhile, Elise, Mrs. Terwilliger, Olive, Courtney and Lkie (all voiced by Lorie Kellogg) plan a surprise party, and Chef Ron accidentally abandons Stinky Peter at Marcello and Luigi's cheese shop.
The hour also includes Jim Folly as Marcello and Chef Ron, and Kenny Savoy as Luigi and Stinky, and the story "Chess of Many Colors" by Pedro Pablo Sacristan, voiced by Kellogg and Bevilacqua.
Bilbo Baggins is the title character and protagonist of J. R. R. Tolkien's 1937 novel The Hobbit, as well as a supporting character in The Lord of the Rings. In Tolkien's narrative conceit, in which all the writings of Middle-earth are translations from the fictitious volume of The Red Book of Westmarch, Bilbo is the author of The Hobbit and translator of various "works from the elvish" (as mentioned in the end of The Return of the King). The latest film adaption by Peter Jackson, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, is currently in movie theaters, starring Martin Freeman as Bilbo and Ian McKellen as Gandalf.
Now in its 44th week on Cult Radio-A-Go-Go! (and its 104th since 2002 including the Sirius XM broadcasts), The Comedy-O-Rama Hour is produced by Joe Bevilacqua (Joe Bev).
The couple have been working together since they met in 1996. They recently toured with their Vaudeville in the Catskills stage show, in which they performed "Lambchops" the classic Burns and Allen comedy routine, and Bev MCd and performed the classic Abbott and Costello routine Who's On First? with Bob Greenberg. A second tour is planned for 2013 (TBA).
Archived Comedy-O-Rama Hours are now podcast on iTunes at:
Joe Bevilacqua is a veteran radio theater producer and voice actor. He also works on stage and is the winner of the 2012 New York TANYS Award for Excellence in Acting. He has performed at the Improv, Caroline's on Broadway, Catch a Rising Star, the Comic Strip, opened for Uncle Floyd, worked with Al Franken, Shelley Berman, Lewis Black and Rick Overton. Joe has also MC'd shows featuring Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Mahr and Gilbert Gottfried. He has been regularly heard on National Public Radio and Sirius-XM Radio and has produced hundreds of hours of audiobooks.
Lorie Kellogg is the co-producer. Kellogg started her education at the Kansas City Art Institute. There she studied painting, printmaking, photography, commercial design and video. She continued to Graduate School at the California Institute of the Arts where she received her MFA in Film/Video. Lorie is a graphic designer creating websites, logos, newsletters, newspaper & magazine layout, package design, ad design, and edits video & audio.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:56 [El Club de la Comedia] Revive el gran estreno de Los Meléndezby Chilevisión SA 125,659 views
- 2:16 Stuart Pankin Guest Stars on The Comedy-O-Rama Hour - Saturday, June 8, 2:30 pm ET on CRAGG!by Lorie Kellogg 2 views
- 1:59 Liquid Comedy Reunites (Again!) on 61st "Camp Waterlogg" June 1st 2:30 pm on CRAGG!by Lorie Kellogg 1 view
- 6:05 Studio C - Radio Mystery Hourby BYUTelevision 21,985 views
- 6:05 savoey rama 3by pinnpinnm 909 views
- 16:31 SiriusXM Nationally 12 PM EST 12-11-2012by KeepAmerica1 10 views
- 4:28 Honest Trailers - The Lord of the Ringsby screenjunkies 2,481,787 views
- 7:39 Comedy-O-Rama Improv at the Lynn Winik Memorial at Middlesex Community College, Edison, NJby Lorie Kellogg No views
- 1:21 JOE BEVILACQUA acting sample "D.A." in Days in Eden directed by Kevin Kieranby Lorie Kellogg No views
- 0:57 LORIE KELLOGG acting sample "MAYOR" in Days in Eden directed by Kevin Kieranby Lorie Kellogg 5 views
- 3:31 130612 Chin Chin Radio (MBLAQ) - Smoky Girl (live)by yongjunnafour 13,779 views
- 25:50 Vlog - King of the Nerds Episode 2by DragonslayerProd 501 views
- 2:49 Shelley Meets The Hobbitby ahicks543 80 views
- 5:19 The Hobbit: An Unexpected Parody by The Hillywood Show®by JckSparrow 2,314,617 views
- 4:36 How to Make em Stay: You Don't Know What I Likeby hotdamnirock 193,436 views
- 6:40 The Hobbit Cinema Experienceby retroglassessuck 25 views
- 2:02 The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Trailer Official HDby Clevver Movies 16,848 views
- 1:04 NJ CBOM-O-RAMA 1by Zentient1 149 views
- 3:01 black o rama #2 2 of 2by Rocky Montaque 18 views
- 3:24 How The Hobbit Should Have Endedby HISHEdotcom 7,593,413 views
- Loading more suggestions...