Syria - Middle East. Rebels murdered over 200 Christians, including families with children.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 24, 2012
"The armed [rebels] in Syria [have] murdered more than 200 Christians in the city of Homs, including entire families with young children," a priest in Homs told Barnabas Aid magazine. "These gangs kidnapped Christians and demanded high ransoms. In two cases, after the ransoms were paid, the men's bodies were found."
"Christians are increasingly being targeted and driven out of their homes and districts." Elizabeth Kendal wrote for the Religious Liberty Prayer Bulletin. "Some 138,000 Christians have fled Homs, where Christians have been terrorised and churches have been looted and occupied by rebel forces... In areas under rebel control, intolerant, hard-line Sunni fundamentalism is making Muslim-Christian coexistence impossible. For the jihadists, neutrality is not an option, and Christians (and Muslims) refusing to support the jihad are being tortured, expelled and murdered."
As in Egypt, Tunisia, and other Arab countries, the uprisings in Syria—which initially called for democratic change and greater freedoms—provided a platform for Islamists, long-suppressed under authoritarian rule, to rally behind a fundamentalist agenda.
"For the newest generation of Sunni jihadists, Syria has become the latest front in the struggle to wrest control of the region from rival religious sects and foreign occupation," Daniel Brode, Roger Farhat, and Daniel Nisman, intelligence analysts at Max-Security Solutions, wrote in an op-ed for the New York Times. "Many of these fighters hail from the vast reaches of North Africa and the Gulf, arriving in Syria with weapons, funds and a radical ideology."
Asia News, quoting Kuwait's Arabic-language newspaper, Al-Qabas, reported that "jihadists" from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, and Pakistan "crossed the Syrian-Turkish border to fight in the jihad alongside [opposition forces]... against the regime of Bashar el Assad."
(Rescue Christians org)
Standard YouTube License
- 1:04:15 From Witchcraft to Christianity, Earthquake Kelleyby Spiritlessons58,537 views
- 19:07 Slaughter of Christians in Syriaby Apostate Caliph6,471 views
- 2:10 Christian militia standing behind Assadby CNN14,428 views
- 4:39 Syrian Christians, Catholics, Orthodox and Muslims, with Bashar al-Assad and Syrian Armyby Syria News Press5,179 views
- 2:48 Hundreds of Syrian Christians have been killedby rescuechristians10,551 views
- 13:41 60 Minutes slams Israeli envoy for interfering in segment calling CBS President / Arab Christiansby Salma Touqan5,278 views
- 2:32 SYRIA: Christians threatened by Free Syrian Army with Severe Punishmentby john Doe8,569 views
- 3:22 Christians in Syria live in fearby CNN8,984 views
- 3:56 06 Sept, 2013 - Syrian terrorist rebels kill Christians (beheading children) in a historic villageby Made In England2,605 views
- 2:10 Syrian Rebels Slaughter Christiansby specguests13,692 views
- 8:26 Obama Funded Syrian Rebels Mauling Christians, Using Child Soldiersby Anthony Gucciardi19,891 views
- 20:34 Documentary: The Decisive Battle of Lattakia by the Syrian Army - Syria - Sept 2013by IAmCow GodMoo54,028 views
- 4:41 Christianity in Middle East in Jeopardy (12.27.11)by OmniChristianVids37,968 views
- 2:37 Obama's Rebels Kill Christian Civilians in Syriaby ChristianRefugees3,104 views
- 1:30 Germany may offer Syrian Christians asylumby JewishNewsOne4,824 views
- 5:38 Mother warns Syria rebels are foreign Islamist mercenaries, KILLING CIVILIANS!!! 4 Oct 2012by 88kmitchell3,009 views
- 7:43 Life With Syria's Rebels - The Lions of Tawhidby The New York Times168,100 views
- 8:35 BBC - Secret Lives: Middle Eastern Taboos - Leaving Islam 1/2by MonsterAmoebe10,070 views
- 9:51 Christianity in the Middle East - Part 1 of 3by overseascouncil11,739 views