How to Use Twitter
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 16, 2009
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more How to Use Social Media videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/594-How...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
With Twitter you have the potential to reach millions of users instantly. Use it to issue public safety alerts, broadcast real-time news developments, inform constituents, or solicit feedback. It's free and easy to use -- here's how to get started.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Create an account. Go to Twitter.com and click the green 'Get Started' button to join. Enter your name, user name, password, and email address, and you're good to go.
Decide what you want to say. In general, Twitter messages, or 'tweets,' answer the question, 'What are you doing right now?' But you can also post a link, express an opinion or reaction, or pose a question.
Twitter keeps things short and sweet: Messages can be no longer than 140 characters.
On the home page, type your message into the box at the top of the screen and hit 'Update.' Congratulations! You've posted your first tweet!
If your tweet is intended for one user in particular, type the '@' symbol followed by that user's screen name before the text of your message.
Twitter is a two-way street. Now that you've posted your first update, choose people whose updates you want to follow. To search by name, click on 'Find People' in the upper right corner and then click the 'Find on Twitter' tab. You can follow individuals, like friends and colleagues, and groups, like news services, organizations, and nonprofits.
People may be listed under a screen name that doesn't match their real name.
Once you've found someone you want to hear from on Twitter, click 'Follow,' and you'll receive their updates automatically. People you already know will often reciprocate and start following you, too.
If you have a Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, or MSN email account, you can import any contacts that also have a Twitter account. You can also invite someone via email, or scroll through a list of suggested people.
To help people find you, fill in account information under 'Settings,' such as your location, real name, and a brief bio. You can also add the URL of your web site or blog if you have one.
If you want to restrict your Twitter updates to only those who follow you, check the box marked, 'Protect my updates.' You'll maintain your privacy, but you'll limit your reach. To get the full Twitter experience, leave the box unchecked.
You don't have to be online to use Twitter. No matter where you are, you can stay connected with your cell phone. On the 'Devices' tab under 'Settings,' enter your mobile number to receive and post Twitter updates via text message.
Twitter doesn't charge for text messages, but your wireless provider might. Make sure you know the details of your messaging plan.
On the 'Picture' and 'Design' tabs, customize how your profile appears to others by uploading photos and choosing background themes.
See what people on Twitter are saying about subjects you're interested in. At the bottom of any Twitter page, click 'Search' and type in a name or topic. Or, either below the search box or alongside search results, check out what's generating the most buzz by browsing through 'Trending topics.'
You can post updates from the web in the update box, via text message, on your cell phone's web browser using m.twitter.com, or from any third party application. Apps are available at twitter.com/downloads. The more updates you post, the more people will follow you. Now get tweeting!
Did You Know?
President Barack Obama announced his selection of Joe Biden as his running mate simultaneously via te
Standard YouTube License
- 1:37 How to Eat and Restore a Dollar Billby Howcast675,540 views
- 2:44 How to Make a Move on a Girl While Watching a Movie on a Couchby Howcast5,372,993 views
- Vocalcom 72 videos533
- 2:09 How to Lead a Double Lifeby Howcast31,789 views
- 2:37 How to Make Yourself Irresistible to Girlsby Howcast3,001,597 views
- 40 videos Play all Social Media • Twitterby DoSchuMuc
- 12:28 Twitter Tutorial 2013 - Introduction and User Interface (1/4)by Anson Alexander40,668 views
- 9:18 10 Steps to Becoming a Twitter Masterby Rik Logtenberg69,862 views
- 14:45 How To Use Twitter - The Basicsby METVTheChannel13,119 views
- 6:19 Twitter for Beginnersby OpenSesame eLearning67,300 views
- 10:52 How to Use Twitter (Tweet, Retweet, Direct Messages, Lists)by Wendy Limauge156,118 views
- 4:22 A Beginners Guide to Twitterby KCOMITServicedesk58,908 views
- 13:00 Twitter Tutorial 2 - The Basics How To Tweet, Reply and Follow - Social Magnetsby SocialMagnetsDotNet65,958 views
- 8:49 Total Twitter Tutorialby sueandsteve soucy48,645 views
- 9:54 How to use Twitter for Business (Part 1 of 9)by ibizradio16,203 views
- 5:01 How To Use Twitter - Basics For New Users with Social Media Marketing Coach, Kerianne Mellott!by Kerianne Mellott41,881 views
- 6:57 How To Use Twitter Hashtagsby coachtous36,351 views
- 8:06 How to Use Twitter for Network Marketing Leads Generationby Diyana Alcheva34,156 views
- 4:21 9 Tips - How to use Twitter for businessby meiyicicili34,448 views
- 11:08 How To Use Twitterby Social Magnitude11,707 views