Mary Lou Lord - Jump (Van Halen Acoustic Cover)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 31, 2011
From '' Everybody Wants Some! (Of Van Halen - A Loose Interpretation Of The Musical Genius) ''
Label: Cherrydisc Records -- CH 5794-2
Format: CD, Compilation
01 The Reverend Ed Broms - Eruption
02 Trona - Could This Be Magic?
03 Jajuya - Jamie's Crying
04 Talking To Animals - Everybody Wants Some
Cornet - Merrie Amsterberg
Saxophone - Jim Hobbs
05 Cherry 2000 - Atomic Punk
06 Gigolo Aunts - Why Can't This Be Love?
07 Red Time - Beautiful Girls
08 Honkeyball - Take Your Whiskey Home
09 Mary Lou Lord - Jump
10 The Ghost Of Tony Gold - Somebody Get Me A Doctor
11 Elbow - Mean Streets
12 Fuzzy - Feel Your Love
13 Captain Rock - Panama
14 The Vic Firecracker Orchestra - Little Guitars
15 Tom Leach - Dance The Night Away
16 Sam Black Church - Romeo Delight
17 Crick Diefendorf - Eruption
"Jump" is a song by the American rock group Van Halen.
It is the only single the group released in their career to reach number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
It was released in 1984 as the second track on the album 1984.
The song breaks the mold of earlier Van Halen songs, mainly in its rolling synth line (played on an Oberheim OB-Xa), although the song contains the standard Eddie Van Halen guitar solo, which Eddie claims as his favorite solo he never wrote.
"Jump" may be Van Halen's most popular and instantly recognizable composition, perhaps because its sound embodies the key aspects of both of the two genres of popular music most associated with the 1980s in America: synth-driven pop and "arena"-style metal.
Its synthesized brass introduction is one of popular music's most recognizable musical introductions.
It was inspired by famed martial artist Benny Urquidez, of whom Roth was a student.
The song changed the future and style of Van Halen from being a predominantly hard rock band to one of more radio-oriented popular music.
"Jump" was ranked #15 on VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 80s.
It has also become somewhat of a sports anthem, an example of this being that it is the song that is played on the PA system every time AC Milan score a goal at their home ground, San Siro, or the song played before the start of each home game of Olympique de Marseille.
Jump was also covered by the cast of the American musical comedy-drama television series Glee, in the eleventh episode "Mattress."
Following the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, the song was placed on the list of post-9/11 inappropriate titles distributed by Clear Channel.
Aztec Camera did an acoustic version of "Jump" on the B-side of their single "All I Need Is Everything"; this cover gained popularity and was eventually added to later releases of their album Knife.
An uptempo dance remix was made by Bus Stop for the 1999 Dancemania compilation Speed 2.
This was later included on the 2000 greatest hits compilation Dancemania Speed Best 2001 Hyper Nonstop Megamix.
In 2008 in Les Enfoires
Paul Anka included a swing jazz cover of "Jump" in his album Rock Swings, released in 2005.
Kids Incorporated performed a cover of the song as the first stage performance of the show's first season. It was also released on the album Kids Incorporated from 1984.
Canadian pro wrestler Chris Benoit used a remix of "Jump" as his theme music in New Japan Pro Wrestling, where he wrestled under the names Pegasus Kid and Wild Pegasus.
DJ Felli Fel used the sample of the song in his single "I Wanna Get Drunk" featuring Three 6 Mafia, Lil Jon and Fatman Scoop.
The song was used as the theme for the 2009 Japanese television drama, Mr. Brain, starring Takuya Kimura.
This song is also sung by The Wolfman in the Beetlejuice Rock N'Roll Graveyard Review At Universal Studios in Orlando Florida.
The song was covered in Glee in the episode 12 of season 1 as part of a TV mattress commercial.
Standard YouTube License
- 16 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Mary Lou Lord - Jump (Van Halen Acoustic Cover)
- 9:15 Mary Lou Lord: GOT NO SHADOWby ddimuro11,084 views
- 1:51:31 Van Halen - Right Here Right Now Concert (HD)by szerelemgyerek278,549 views
- 5:19 eddie van halen playing jump at his houseby mike reed579,876 views
- 3:17:16 Van Halen - The First 6 Albums (1978 - 1984)by MikeyBaucom9386,759 views
- 15:11 Elliott Smith NYC Tribute 2013- three songs by Mary Lou Lord & Annabelle Lord-Pateyby pojo10173,747 views
- 4:21 Van Halen - Jump 1984 Video stereo widescreenby sheerfolly2197,149 views
- Van Halen 58,502 videos153
- 3:52 Mary Lou Lord Live: His Lamest Flameby ddimuro10,609 views
- 3:41 Elliott Smith & Mary Lou Lord - I Figured You Outby donkeywithsumpizzazz12,611 views
- 10 videos Play all Mary Lou Lordby MsKray1000
- 2:30 MARY LOU LORD- I DON'T WANT TO GET OVER YOUby countrynuno2,624 views
- 2:04:04 Van Halen - Live in Devore, CA(US) 1983 [Full Concert]by 80RockConcerts422,864 views
- 5:50 David Lee Roth / Steve Vai - Jump Live in Detroit 1986by MisterDHM1,011,745 views
- 5:40 Mary Lou Lord's first Video/Promo before she was 'famous'by Reeve Baily6,929 views
- 5:25 Lights Are Changing by Mary Lou Lord (1998)by newwavedave673,067 views
- 4:14 Eddie Van Halen Guitar Solo 2013by guitarzforsale580,903 views
- 3:57 Van Halen- Jump (Keyboard Cover)by MusicNXS102,665 views
- 5:56 Mary Lou Lord: FOXby ddimuro8,168 views
- 4:03 Jump - Van Halen Keyboard Soloby DonMusicCanada883,309 views
- 4:00 jump(Van Halen Guitar Cover)by takburst041250,943 views