UNICEF, MTV EXIT and The Killers: Goodnight, Travel Well
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 14, 2009
LONDON, United Kingdom, 13 July 2009 — Starting today, MTV audiences around the world will see a new music video that aims to raise awareness about sex trafficking. Featuring the rock band The Killers, the video is an exclusive collaboration between UNICEF, MTV EXIT (End Exploitation and Trafficking) and the US Agency for International Development.
The track, Goodnight, Travel Well, is from the album Day & Age. The video is the second in a series of music video collaborations that highlight the danger and impact of human trafficking.
The series launched last year with an award-winning film - produced by MTV EXIT that featured the Radiohead single All I Need.
"We are deeply shocked and appalled that women and children are forced into such exploitative situations, said a spokesperson for The Killers. We hope that through MTV's efforts, and this powerful video, millions of people across the world learn about this tragic form of modern-day slavery."
The video for Goodnight, Travel Well has the potential to reach more than 500 million households in 168 countries.
There is almost no country in the world now that isnt affected by human trafficking in some way, said UNICEF Chief of Child Protection Susan Bissell. The statistics are staggering. More than 1.2 million children are being trafficked each year and nearly 80 per cent of all trafficking is for sexual exploitation, and the most at risk are girls.
We see this music video as a powerful way to reach out and raise awareness among young people, across borders and across language barriers, she added.
The Goodnight, Travel Well video was directed by film and music video veteran David Slade, in collaboration with the renowned production company Anonymous Content. The creative concept was developed by the Australian advertising agency CRC, with support from the UK music consultancy Huge Music.
The video provides insight into the realities of trafficking, with a particular focus on the trafficking of children and adolescents into forced prostitution.
For more information, please vist:
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Goodnight, Travel Well" on
- 2:38 Ellie Goulding - How Long Will I Love Youby EllieGouldingVEVO Featured 4,525,399
- 5:32 Lullaby: The UNICEF Anthemby UNICEF249,110 views
- 2:27 UNICEF: African women condemn female genital mutilationby UNICEF22,557 views
- 1:44 UNICEF: Malinalli Vergara, 15, at the J8 Summitby UNICEF3,960 views
- 1:22 UNICEF: In Pakistan, host families provide for displacedby UNICEF5,514 views
- 7:00 Ecuador Life at its Purest!! (in English)by caredg18,229,206 views
- 92 videos Play all FAby TOSHI71655
- 2:07 Sex in the Pool?by upstairsgirls52,185,189 views
- 6:10 video wonders of worldby MrArfain1,904,728 views
- 4:27 R Zarni Live in Myanmar: Gan Da Min See Sarby MTV EXIT51,659 views
- 4:02 Pregnant Robot Trains Studentsby Discovery62,372,123 views
- 4:09 Chit Thu Wai Live in Myanmar: Mee Eain Kabyar (Lamp Song)by MTV EXIT86,923 views
- 0:53 Sos Mi Vida capitulo 39, juegos peligrosos - dangerous games English subby nataliaoreiro115,478,889 views
- 3:57 The Killers- Smile Like You Mean Itby TheKillersMusic952,366 views
- 3:44 Chit Thu Wai Live in Myanmarby MTV EXIT75,685 views
- 4:46 askamum video: Bondingby askamum625,508 views
- 4:41 The Killers - All These Things That I've Doneby TheKillersVEVO14,971,772 views
- 4:24 UNICEF - GIVE THANKS FOR WHAT WE HAVEby Alison Meeks810,554 views
- 5:46 The Killers-Everything will be alrightby legendofthedarknight834,210 views
- 5:16 Travel - Airlie Beach, Irish Backpacker, Australiaby Overlander.tv7,014,375 views