Published on May 3, 2012
Hey guys cant believe the Samsung Galaxy S3 has been released. It has quite a lot good features:
1.9 Megapixel Front Camera
8 Megapixel Rear Camera
720 x 1280 Resolution at 306ppi
720p Video (Front Camera) 1080p Video (Back Camera)
1.4GHZ EXYNOS 4 CORTEX-A9 QUAD-CORE CHIPS
16, 32 OR 64GB
- Smart Stay, which uses the forward-facing camera to determine if you're looking at the phone. You can set time intervals from as little as 15 seconds, which result in a small flashing eye logo in the Android notification bar. If it recognises that your eyes aren't focused on the phone anymore, the screen dims.
- Direct Call, which will auto-dial a contact if you have their contact details or a message open. By moving the phone to your ear, the proximity sensor; accelerometer and gyroscope all kick into use, and automatically dial the contact's number.
- Smart Alert, which will make the phone vibrate in your hand and flash an LED if you pick the phone up after a missed call.
- S Voice, which is a Siri-like voice recognition feature, that you can use to enquire about the weather; take a photo ("Hi Galaxy, please take a photo" to open the camera app, or "cheese" to snap it), and other tasks such as locking the phone, or controlling music. Each demand can be configured by the user.
- Social Tag, which links photos of friends in your photo gallery to their Facebook or Google+ accounts, using facial recognition.
- S Beam, which pairs other Galaxy S III phones (and only them, for now) via NFC, shares photos, videos, files or even albums of media over Wi-Fi. If your friend's S III doesn't have Wi-Fi enabled, S Beam will automatically turn that user's Wi-Fi on, and then off.
- AllShare Cast, which pairs to TVs, laptops or tablets over Wi-Fi, mirroring whatever's on the S III. You can also use the S III as a game controller.
- PopUp Play, which will literally pop a video out of its player, rendering it in a small thumbnail so you can continue watching while surfing the web or doing other functions on the phone. The thumbnail is movable around the display, even if it's pretty small.
Find Out More: