President Obama to UN: I Seek "A World Without Nuclear Weapons"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 21, 2011
At his speech to the UN General Assembly, American President Barack Obama reasserted his commitment to securing and, eventually, ridding the world of nuclear weapons.
Full text from this clip:
To lift the specter of mass destruction, we must come together to pursue the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons. Over the last two years, we've begun to walk down that path. Since our Nuclear Security Summit in Washington, nearly 50 nations have taken steps to secure nuclear materials from terrorists and smugglers. Next March, a summit in Seoul will advance our efforts to lock down all of them. The New START Treaty between the United States and Russia will cut our deployed arsenals to the lowest level in half a century, and our nations are pursuing talks on how to achieve even deeper reductions. America will continue to work for a ban on the testing of nuclear weapons and the production of fissile material needed to make them.
And so we have begun to move in the right direction. And the United States is committed to meeting our obligations. But even as we meet our obligations, we've strengthened the treaties and institutions that help stop the spread of these weapons. And to do so, we must continue to hold accountable those nations that flout them.
The Iranian government cannot demonstrate that its program is peaceful. It has not met its obligations and it rejects offers that would provide it with peaceful nuclear power. North Korea has yet to take concrete steps towards abandoning its weapons and continues belligerent action against the South. There's a future of greater opportunity for the people of these nations if their governments meet their international obligations. But if they continue down a path that is outside international law, they must be met with greater pressure and isolation. That is what our commitment to peace and security demands.
Standard YouTube License
- 25:49 Putin talks NSA, Syria, Iran, drones in exclusive RT interview (FULL VIDEO)by RT Featured 554,760
- 31:08 President Obama's Complete UN Address (2012)by The Daily Conversation61,221 views
- 6:18 President Obama: "This Has Been A Remarkable Year"by The Daily Conversation969 views
- 0:33 "The Tide Of War Is Receding" - President Obamaby The Daily Conversation633 views
- 44:50 Cold War Nuclear Factories [FULL VIDEO]by FakeProphetTV173,532 views
- 30:29 President Obama speech UN United Nations 2012by DailyWorldwideNews2,787 views
- 8:19 Benjamin Netanyahu Schools Obamaby TheNewWaveSlave136,902 views
- 16:22 Generals Fired-Missing Nukes-M4.5 East Coast-Obama Coup?by mamaknock11,552 views
- 2:10 ▶ WHEN YOU CROSS OBAMA HE NUKES YOUR STATEby NOSERPICOINUTAH1,641 views
- 10:02 overpopultion overpollutionby kimxxxyyy973 views
- 3:36 Ahmadinejad on Jews - Larry Kingby dubaisession1303,000 views
- 19:04 Embrace! A world free of nuclear weapons (film)by unitednations1,280 views
- 2:14 It is time. Ban nuclear weapons now!by Goodbyenukes5,554 views
- 4:45 America : Ex-Navy SEAL says Government is creating conditions to impose Martial Law (Oct 15, 2013)by SignsofThyComing321,256 views
- 2:04 Obama's Speech in Koreaby TheInternetVids10,257 views
- 12:02 Obama Must Go! Russia Warns War Against America "Use With Nuclear Weapons"by ADRENALINEJUNKY -JASON HENDRICKS203,606 views
- 2:00 North Korea Leader Vows Nuclear Weapons Are 'Nation's Life'by ABC News17,786 views
- 16:07 Iran and the "Red Line" Debateby TheRealNews6,523 views
- 1:21 Obama Slams Palin: She's "Not Much of an Expert"by NewsPoliticsInfo324,776 views
- 57:54 Full Show - 5/31/11. Should the US abandon nuclear power?by The Big Picture RT1,259 views
- Loading more suggestions...