Miracle Baby's Life Revived by Mother's Touch - Baby Jamie, Australia
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 30, 2010
August 27, 2010. Miracle mum brings premature baby son back to life with two hours of loving cuddles after doctors pronounce him dead, By Mail Foreign Service.
It was a final chance to say goodbye for grieving mother Kate Ogg after doctors gave up hope of saving her premature baby.
She tearfully told her lifeless son - born at 27 weeks weighing 2lb - how much she loved him and cuddled him tightly, not wanting to let him go.
Although little Jamie's twin sister Emily had been delivered successfully, doctors had given Mrs Ogg the news all mothers dread - that after 20 minutes of battling to get her son to breathe, they had declared him dead.
Having given up on a miracle, Mrs Ogg unwrapped the baby from his blanket and held him against her skin. And then an extraordinary thing happened.
After two hours of being hugged, touched and spoken to by his mother, the little boy began showing signs of life.
At first, it was just a gasp for air that was dismissed by doctors as a reflex action. But then the startled mother fed him a little breast milk on her finger and he started breathing normally.
'I thought, "Oh my God, what's going on",' said Mrs Ogg. 'A short time later he opened his eyes. It was a miracle. Then he held out his hand and grabbed my finger.
'He opened his eyes and moved his head from side to side. The doctor kept shaking his head saying, "I don't believe it, I don't believe it".'
The Australian mother spoke publicly for the first time yesterday to highlight the importance of skin-on-skin care for sick babies, which is being used at an increasing number of British hospitals.
'He started gasping more and more regularly. I thought, "Oh my God, what's going on?" A short time later he opened his eyes. It was a miracle'
In most cases, babies are rushed off to intensive care if there is a serious problem during the birth.
But the 'kangaroo care' technique, named after the way kangaroos hold their young in a pouch next to their bodies, allows the mother to act as a human incubator to keep babies warm, stimulated and fed.
Pre-term and low birth-weight babies treated with the skin-to-skin method have also been shown to have lower infection rates, less severe illness, improved sleep patterns and are at reduced risk of hypothermia.
Mrs Ogg and her husband David told how doctors gave up on saving their son after a three-hour labour in a Sydney hospital in March.
The doctor asked me had we chosen a name for our son,' said Mrs Ogg. 'I said, "Jamie", and he turned around with my son already wrapped up and said, "We've lost Jamie, he didn't make it, sorry".
'It was the worse feeling I've ever felt. I unwrapped Jamie from his blanket. He was very limp.
'I took my gown off and arranged him on my chest with his head over my arm and just held him. He wasn't moving at all and we just started talking to him.
'We told him what his name was and that he had a sister. We told him the things we wanted to do with him throughout his life.
'Jamie occasionally gasped for air, which doctors said was a reflex action. But then I felt him move as if he were startled, then he started gasping more and more regularly. 'I gave Jamie some breast milk on my finger, he took it and started regular breathing.'
Mrs Ogg held her son, now five months old and fully recovered, as she spoke on the Australian TV show Today Tonight.
Her husband added: 'Luckily I've got a very strong, very smart wife. 'She instinctively did what she did. If she hadn't done that, Jamie probably wouldn't be here.'
Mother of baby who 'came back from the dead' fears her son may suffer brain damage because of doctor's lack of action. 27th August 2010.
Standard YouTube License
- 0:44 Premature Baby Declared Dead, Found Alive Five Hours Later Iby infolive.tv InternationalFeatured 697,591
- 14:48 11 yr Old Went to Heaven and Back, and Tells What He Saw!by joel10000a 12,471,621 views
- 9:50 Reincarnation, the amazing story of a scottish child, Part 1by Peace 324,506 views
- 6:45 Touching Story: 9 Year Old Girl Nearly Dies Trying To Save Her Sisterby DelshaDNotch 724,090 views
- 1:08 Miracle Baby's Life Ends In Tragedyby infolivetvenglish 210,969 views
- 1:22 Conjoined baby suffers from an undeveloped parasitic twinby media1512 2,088,031 views
- 0:36 21 Dead Babies Found in Chinese Riverby MidNightRider2001 151,961 views
- 91 videos Play all shabanaby shazeb8989
- 4:32 my little girl born sleepingby gashiwooshiwa 3,747,148 views
- 4:44 The amazing story of a woman who lost 500 poundsby figolu101 261,284 views
- 7:39 R.I.P Baby Xavier My Little Angel PART 2by scorpi068's channel 2,000,096 views
- 1:21 Baby In Womb Grabs Doctor's Fingerby Behind the Truth 217,942 views
- 1:38 Dead baby is alive after 10 hoursby NDTV 1,922,476 views
- 1:07 Milan Fior Miracle Baby Dead for 20 minutes at birthby tg7175 31,301 views
- 1:58 Dead baby comes to lifeby NDTV 1,692,186 views
- 3:03 White Mommy, White Daddy, Black Baby (Family Tree)by Expanded Books 5,994,746 views
- 1:58 In Loving Memory of Cate and Coleby Mexican John 8,789,414 views
- 3:59 MIRACLE BABYby Valerio saint-louis 637,445 views
- 2:28 Baby born without brain brain turns 2by John Romero 13,201,645 views
- 7:59 Son Finds Birth Mother After 65 Years, The Tie that Binds - Oklahoma to Washingonby mamasuntwinkle 15,719 views
- 7:31 Kayleigh Anneby ImagesbyFaith 181,487 views
- Loading more suggestions...