7: People Against "Tools of violence" Ordinance - Oakland California May 22, 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 24, 2012
This video was shot at the Oakland City Hall on May 22, 2012.
The City of Oakland Officials seem not to understand what the big part of the problem is, the big part of problem is the violent and brutal Oakland Police Department. And, this time the City of Oakland is about to vote on an "Ordinance Prohibiting The Possession Of The Tools Of Violence During A Demonstration". Which basically based on their description of the type of materials (any plastic item is included) passing certain dimensions would be considerate a "tool of violence". In that case, even a bringing a camera, a tripod, etc, to a protest would be illegal.
Oakland needs help, the oppressed people of Oakland needs external help; perhaps Federal government should be stepping in and stop the Oakland City Council Members and the Oakland Police Department. Because, if they stop allowing peaceful protesters to protect themselves with shields, not allowing them to record police brutality, well... that means only one thing.. and you know that that means. No freedom of protest. And the worse is that, in my humble opinion, that if Oakland Police get away with it other cities in the country may follow.
What can you do to help? Go out and protest! Speak up! Rise up!
The Oakland City Council and the Oakland Police Department want to take our shields away, working their way to take away also the right to protest, the first amendment.
The ordinance announcement online:
"From: Councilmember Kernighan And City Attorney, Barbara Parker
Recommendation: Adopt An Ordinance Prohibiting The Possession Of The Tools Of Violence During A Demonstration
In control of: Oakland Public Safety Committee"
Standard YouTube License
- 1:49:09 Oakland City Council Meeting 3-6-12 3/3by ripperhollow48 views
- 6:42 A violência no trânsito (projeto de redação)by Ólliver Barreto592,604 views
- 20:01 5: People Against "Tools of violence" Ordinance - Oakland California May 22, 2012by dukkhaboy58 views
- 3:35 Infighting leads to La Marque council walkoutby Galveston County Daily News5,145 views
- 20:01 1: People Against "Tools of violence" Ordinance - Oakland California May 22, 2012by dukkhaboy116 views
- 10:41 Power Hungry Cops Snatch n Grab random people at OCCUPY Oakland (Police-State,-Brutality)by Worldcrisistoday188 views
- 8:59 6: People Against "Tools of violence" Ordinance - Oakland California May 22, 2012by dukkhaboy92 views
- 17:08 Tragedy and Video Game Violenceby TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit722,082 views
- 1:51 Detroit City Council Screaming Matchby DannyJames4983,709 views
- 7:12 DuPont City Council discuss a code of conduct for volunteersby realdupont94 views
- 20:01 4: People Against "Tools of violence" Ordinance - Oakland California May 22, 2012by dukkhaboy56 views
- 3:17 Duncanville City Council Meeting April 7, 2009by ninjapimp218134,798 views
- 10:48 Best. Oakland. City. Council. Meeting. Ever. Part 2by occupiedoaktrib2,901 views
- 1:28 Detroit City Council Fightby Detroitsmells103,712 views
- 9:58 NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct: Part 1 of 7 ("Official Video")by naeycvideos8,982 views
- 10:35 Video 8: OccupyOakland protest against "Tools of violence" ordinance - May 22, 2012by dukkhaboy39 views
- 3:45 City Council fightby VillageSoupKnox18,266 views
- 7:48 Positive & Negative, and the True Spiritual Balance as Key to Self Realization and Enlightenmentby yogeeshashram13,750 views
- 13:09 The Hungry Games: Thanksgiving Challenge!by HigaTV545,640 views
- 2:37 Oakland Council Meeting - Oakland, California January 22, 2013by ColorOfChange222 views
- Loading more suggestions...