A BOY NAMED SUE !!! JOHNNY CASH 1969 LIVE SAN QUENTIN PRISON
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 12, 2010
The words of the Mother to the bride about how sweet the Mother and the Son are to each other. How Christ is bitter, bitterer, and most bitter for the evil, and how he is sweet, sweeter, and most sweet for the good.
Book 1 - Chapter 58 SAINT BRIDGET PATRON SAINT OF EUROPE PART I
The Mother of God said to the bride: Consider, new bride of my Son, the suffering of my Son, which surpassed in bitterness the suffering of all the saints. Just as a mother would feel the most bitter sorrow and anguish if she saw her son being cut to pieces alive, so, too, was I grieving at the torments of my Son when I saw his bitter sufferings. Then she spoke to her Son, saying: Blessed be you, my Son, for you are holy, as it is sung: Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Sabaoth. Blessed be you, for you are sweet, sweeter, and most sweet! You were holy before you assumed Manhood, holy in my womb, and holy after you assumed Manhood. You were sweet before the creation of the world, sweeter to the angels, and most sweet to me when you assumed Manhood from me.
The Son answered: Blessed be you, my beloved Mother, above all the angels. Just as I, in a threefold way, was most sweet for you, as you were saying now, so I am bitter, bitterer, and most bitter for the wicked. I am bitter for those who say I have created many things without a reason and who scornfully say I have created mankind for death and not for life. What a miserable and foolish thought! Did I, who am the most righteous and virtuous, create the angels without a reason? Would I have enriched mankind with so many good things if I had created him for damnation? By no means! I created all things well and gave every good to mankind out of my love. But he, however, turned all good things into evil for himself. It is not because I created anything evil, but mankind moves his will in another way than he should, and not according to Gods law, and this is evil.
But I am bitterer for those who say that I have given them a free will to sin and not to do good, who say I am unjust since I condemn some and justify others, and who blame me for their own wickedness because I withhold my grace from them. I am most bitter for those who say that my law and commandments are exceedingly harsh and difficult and that no one is able to keep them, who say my suffering is worth nothing for them, and who therefore count it for nothing.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "A Boy Named Sue" on
- 6:18 Johnny Cash's last interview (final) - 'I Expect My Life To End Soon'by MrFabioDiamante 1,910,956 views
- 3:02 Johnny Cash - Walk the line LIVE at San Quentinby showsdoseculo 326,828 views
- 4:15 JOHNNY CASH SAN QUENTIN FULL VERSIONby yooperd 35,969 views
- 1:58 June Carter & Johnny Cash - Jackson (San Quentin)by lapislazuli42 2,380,705 views
- 4:04 Johnny Cash One Piece At A Timeby BPMONKMAN 1,366,291 views
- 3:41 A Boy Named Sue: Johnny Cashby johnnycashrules32 470,748 views
- 3:59 Johnny Cash- A Boy Named Sueby knappster101 982,450 views
- 3:55 'Devil Went Down to Georgia'by CBS 2,594,511 views
- 2:51 Johnny Cash and June Carter - "Jackson"by Dan Hone 1,703,006 views
- 2:44 Ring of Fire Johnny Cashby demonicgrinch 6,364,341 views
- 4:07 The Ballad of Ira Hayesby songbirdlaw4 257,900 views
- 2:42 Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Bluesby JohnnyCash1Fan1 205,271 views
- 2:46 Johny Cash Ring of Fire Live 1968by SunflowerPipes Pi 382,628 views
- 7 videos Play all Johnny Cashby tomsblogg
- Johnny Cash 76,065 videos9K
- 2:39 Johnny Cash- Cocaine Blues Lyricsby Kombyned 1,106,433 views
- 4:26 Johnny Cash - San Quentin (San Quentin)by lapislazuli42 187,582 views
- 2:02 Johnny Cash At Folsom Prisonby MrFabioDiamante 170,824 views
- 1:05:17 JOHNNY CASH - Live at Montreux 1994by thejohnnycash1996n2 158,730 views
- 3:50 A Boy Named Sueby yousucks666 523,512 views
- 4:03 Johnny Cash Hurtby beachbuggy 54,630,725 views
- 3:07 Johnny Cash - San Quentin (Live from Prison)by ultrarobin 15,007,158 views
- Loading more suggestions...