Is It Just Corporate Free Speech?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 29, 2010
In a ruling sometimes characterized as protecting "corporate free speech," the US Supreme Court held this month that "the Government may not suppress political speech on the basis of the speaker's corporate identity" in the case of Citizens United vs the Federal Elections Commission and my support for the free speech rights involved found me in some strange company while this landmark legal decision caused some other people to change their minds or to consider changing their policies, as I show in this video.
You can find the full text of all the opinions in Citizens United vs the Federal Elections Commission online at http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinion...
The clips I use in this video from ABC's "This Week" come from the program broadcast on January 24, 2010, and the full segment from which I took the clip of South Carolina's Republican Senator Jim Demint is available online at http://abcnews.go.com/video/video?id=...
The clips I use in this video of Sam Donaldson and George Will are also from that broadcast of ABC's "This Week" and come from the full segment available online at http://abcnews.go.com/video/video?id=...
The clip I use of "The Daily Show" comes from the January 25, 2010, segment available online at http://tinyurl.com/SupremeCorp
The clips I use of Lawrence Lessig come from his YouTube video titled "Lessig on Supreme Court Campaign Finance Decision: Change Congress Video" available on his ChangeYourCongress YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87YOBD...
The clip I use of President Barack Obama's State of the Union address comes from the public domain video available on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1PWQt...
The image I use of the email from Lawrence Lessig is also available on his website at http://change-congress.org
And, finally, the image I use of the New York Sun's article titled "ACLU May Reverse Course On Campaign Finance Limits After Supreme Court Ruling," comes from the page at http://www.nysun.com/national/aclu-ma...
Standard YouTube License
- 9:28 Why do people laugh at creationists? (Part 32)by Thunderf00t Featured 286,642
- 5:01 Fox News Edits Out Jon Stewart Beating Bill O'Reilly?by LiberalViewer975,639 views
- 5:24 Sarah Palin Question NOT Softball on Fox News?by LiberalViewer68,923 views
- 3:05 Is Ron Paul Right that Corporatism is Soft Fascism?by LiberalViewer54,206 views
- 4:07 Stephen Colbert PWNs Glenn Beck?by LiberalViewer852,840 views
- 18:21 Story of Citizens United v. FEC, The Critiqueby HowTheWorldWorks112,771 views
- 3 videos Play all Citizens United v. FECby infoRipple
- 11:31 Keith Olbermann on on "Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission"by mmflint64,004 views
- 14:14 Jon Stewart on Crossfireby Alex Felker6,353,553 views
- 9:05 Jon Stewart Trashes CNN Again & Again on 'Larry King Live'; Questions Rick Sanchez's Firingby Addicted2News1,808,761 views
- 7:25 Jon Stewart on The O'Reilly Factorby thAchauffeur4,800,490 views
- 6:37 What Jon Stewart REALLY Said At Fox Newsby Donnie Shockley620,894 views
- 6:36 Daily Show - Stupid Humansby powmadeak47413,358 views
- 9:22 Corporate Personhood - The Floodgates were Opened Todayby thomhartmann5,174 views
- 28:31 National Conference on Media Reform Keynoteby lessig2,141 views
- 8:51 The Story of Citizens United v. FEC (2011)by storyofstuffproject527,858 views
- 7:41 Obama sends Fox News to the bunkerby eyesonfox77,970 views
- 8:28 Story of Cap & Trade, The Critiqueby HowTheWorldWorks71,182 views
- 8:41 Olbermann: the beginning of the end of Americaby mgris799,578 views
- 10:49 Citizens United Ruling: Corporate Speech Supreme Court: Election/Campaign Spendingby jbranstetter044,248 views