How To Eat More Foods With Vitamin C
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 4, 2010
Watch more How to Get Your Vitamins and Minerals videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/300-How...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Learn how to eat more foods with vitamin C with these tips.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Never change your diet without first consulting your physician.
Step 1: Eat fruit
Eat citrus fruit, like oranges and grapefruits, and squeeze lemon and lime juice over cooked dishes like chicken. Other fruits high in C include strawberries, kiwi, mango, and cantaloupe.
Step 2: Make a salad
Make a salad with dark, leafy greens like spinach and kale, which are loaded with C. Top it with a citrus vinaigrette for an added C boost.
Step 3: Get your veggies
Get several daily servings of veggies like tomatoes, broccoli, and cabbage. And choose sweet red, orange, and yellow peppers, which have double the vitamin C of green peppers.
Eating at least five servings of fruits and vegetables daily will ensure you get the recommended allowance of vitamin C.
Step 4: Think outside the box
Think outside the box by trying more obscure vegetables like jicama, kohlrabi, Brussels sprouts, and water chestnuts.
Step 5: Have a potato
Have a baked potato. At 25 milligrams, it has nearly half the FDA recommended daily allowance of 60 milligrams of vitamin C. And keep the skin on to get the most nutrients.
Step 6: Look for fortified foods
Look for vitamin C-fortified foods, such as fortified breads, grains, and breakfast cereals.
Did You Know?
Did you know? Two-time Nobel Prize-winning chemist and physicist Linus Pauling popularized the use of vitamin C to battle colds and other illnesses.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:41 How To Eat More Foods With Vitamin Dby HowcastFeatured 26,260
- 2:29 How To Eat Your Way To Better Skinby Howcast 96,026 views
- 1:39 How To Develop Healthy Eating Habitsby Howcast 317,428 views
- 1:44 How To Eat More Foods With Vitamin Eby Howcast 20,759 views
- 56:49 How Vitamin C Fights Cancerby Riordan Clinic 18,862 views
- 1:07 High Vitamin C Foods (Slideshow)by HealthAliciousNess 26,056 views
- 10:04 Vitamin C - Worse than sugar? (Part 1)by kensvitaminutes 49,948 views
- 5:02 Anti-aging Vitamin C Serumby gorgeouslygreen 217,756 views
- 1:43 How To Eat More Foods With Zincby Howcast 13,656 views
- 1:00 Vitamin C Sources, Benefits and RDIby swansonvitamins 2,765 views
- 2:05 How To Guess How Many Candies Are in a Jarby Howcast 117,737 views
- 1:49 How To Turn Regular Foods Into Super Foodsby Howcast 15,066 views
- 1:59 Vitamin D deficiency Symptomsby FreeiHerbCoupon 32,802 views
- 1:42 How To Eat More Foods With Vitamin Aby Howcast 16,501 views
- 2:10 How To Detect the Signs Of Alcoholismby Howcast 149,885 views
- 1:24 Vitamin C containing Foodsby Rajesh Kesari 3,706 views
- 2:23 How to Remember What You Readby Howcast 527,628 views
- 1:54 How To Get a Free Mealby Howcast 324,366 views
- 6:58 What is Vitamin C What is Ascorbic Acidby VitaminJunkeys 6,876 views
- 0:42 I Love Banana Fruits | Contain of vitamin B6, vitamin C, and potassiumby JustMyGarden 48,127 views
- Loading more suggestions...