Food n Walk tours Italian Parma Gourmet Food Tour Description: Goumet Parmigiano days
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 22, 2010
Food n Walk tours Italy: Fun, Interesting Delicious Gourmet excursions, the Parma food tour for quality and Uk/AU/USA guide reputation.
Parma's Treasures: A gourmet Parma Food journey:
Parmesan cheese, Parma ham and Aceto balsamic vinegar, all DOP product await your arrival.
Our day starts with a visit to one of the truly rustic traditional makers of Parmigiano
Reggiano cheese, made following the same trusted methods just as it was 700 years ago.
You will watch the family cooking, separating the yellow whey and lifting this magnificent DOP product into cheesecloth for the cutting. The shaping and salting rooms are equally enthralling as we begin to realise the enormous amount of care and daily toil this product requires. Moving on from the salting vaults we enter the ageing room: the stagionatura.
Here among the maturing golden wheels is where the fullest, richest aroma, ignites the senses as we learn how after 12 months, the Consorzio experts, taste, test and skilfully hammer the cheeses before the ritual of branding. Finally, we taste.
We then head off on a fascinating journey to a renowned Prosciutto di Parma curing house, in the lush, picturesque highlands of the Langhirano valley, all about run the true Lambrusco nero vineyards Via Francigena paths and salt smugglers trails. The air floods the heartland of the Parma Ham DOP production area but more than that perhaps it is the nutritious Parmesan whey that produces the creamy, rich, melting textures of Italy's most famous cured ham.
Our lunch settles us into the perfect point of reflection as we taste the treasures and sip the fantastic Malvasia crisp fresh white frizzante wine. In the castle we eat Michelin restaurant with award winning dishes.
The final destination is a gleaming jewel in the crown. First mentioned in writings in 11th century, DOP Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale is the missing link for all gourmet and slow food fans. Never to be confused with ordinary Balsamic Vinegar, this Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale is produced solely from the best sweet white Trebbiano grapes in an organic estate that is simply a wonder of nature.
We stand in a 500 year old aromatic loft, gaze and sip the wonder.
Standard YouTube License
- 58:51 BBC Italy Unpacked Part 1/3 (2013) [HD] (720p) Subtitledby ExclusivelyTrailers92,751 views
- 22:09 PARMA ARTE E STORIAby Foodvalleytravel1,569 views
- 21:03 Tiramisu Recipe, Classic, Easy, Authentic - as taught by an Italian!, How to Make itby cheftonyscarpati122,919 views
- 6:17 Driving from Valencia to the south in Spainby Tex Emsterdam700 views
- 6:56 Prosciutto di Parma Deli Training Videoby ParmaHamUSA121,547 views
- 3:36 Food Tours Parma, Food n Walk Italian culinary trips Italy Love m'soci Holiday Prosciutto Tripby Nick Garrett5,181 views
- 8:51 Oscartielle spa Eataly Romaby OscartielleSpa1,516 views
- 8:39 Air Dried Ham with Tony Roseby Coldsmokinguk1,325 views
- 8:33 Episode 25: EATALY!by Hillary Davis17,454 views
- 5:27 Swiss countryside (Switzerland to Italy 2)by 4x4culture1,545 views
- 13:53 Parma (Italy), an architectural tourby Vic Stefanu1,065 views
- 3:07 Driving along French Riviera August 2010by Alex Nguyen2,709 views
- 5:29 Food Tours Parma Food n Walk Tours VENICE to PARMA ITALIAN FOOD TOURSby Nick Garrett2,465 views
- 4:11 NEW Food n Walk Tours: Amazing Parma FWT Italian Food Tours The Cracker! Taste that Parmesanby Nick Garrett3,332 views
- 5:06 CINQUE TERRE PORTOFINO FWT Parma Culinary Italian Food days Tours parmigiano reggiano italyby Nick Garrett787 views
- 4:08 Visiting Parma with a licensed tourist guideby Elisabetta Ivaldi976 views
- 10:00 Imagine - Cooking Vacations & Culinary Tours in Tuscany and Umbria Italy with Culture Discoveryby Culture Discovery Vacations6,237 views
- 1:16 Italian Food Catering: Eat in Style Catering Service By Select Italy & Eatalianby SelectItaly759 views
- 8:54 Luca Gargano Intervista Oscar Farinettiby velierimport1,551 views
- 3:37 Rome, Italy: Ancient Wondersby Rick Steves85,651 views
- Loading more suggestions...