PICASSIO - Beta UNRELEASED! [Dolphin - GC - PS2 - Dreamcast]
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 16, 2006
An art heist game with stealth gameplay as players sneak into well-guarded locales (armed with non-violent gadget tools such as a dart gun, mini cameras, night vision equipment, and Shadow Hologram Generator) to make off with priceless artifacts.
This game was expected at the end of 2001, but never materialized, and the developer has since gone out of business.
March 21, 2000 - Nintendo's Cube console has a few projects already in the works, thank goodness, and we're happy that Picassio, the art thievery "sim" from Promothean Designs, is one of them. With three dimensional sound integrated into gameplay and super sophisticated artificial intelligence, Picassio should take full advantage of the Cube's processing capabilities even though we don't know all of the specifics. The game is being developed concurrently for all next generation platforms but for obvious reasons we feel that the Cube game should stand head and shoulders above the others.
While the story line behind a game is only secondary to the fun of actually playing it, knowing the whys and hows behind a character in a game serves to round out the experience. In Picassio, your character has been hired by a rich art collector to steal the most impressive pieces of art available. The guy that hired you wants to prove once and for all to his rich art collecting buddy that he has the biggest most impressive art collection. So of course the other billionaire hires a cat burglar himself to beat you to every punch and keep you from getting the goods.
While that's a nice background story the best part is that it's fully integrated into the game's strategy. That is, when you're on a mission to steal stuff, that other burglar is on the same mission as you and he or she will try to sabotage you, steal your equipment and more or less screw things up for you while still trying to get that high priced piece of art. You're forced to be both offensive and defensive at the same time.
Picassio is billed as a nonviolent game. It will combine the first person interface of many familiar shooting games, but all you'll have is a dart gun. You'll be able to knock out museum guards but they will wake up and they will try to get some help from their security guard buddies as soon as possible. You'll also be able to incapacitate enemies with chloroform but all of these offensive attacks are only intended to give you time to complete your mission. There's no need to go around taking out every enemy in a level if all you're supposed to do is get in, get the loot and get out.
Equipment and high tech gadgetry has lead Promethean Designs to compare the game to GoldenEye. Crossbows, mini cameras and night vision equipment are just a few of the toys your character will get to use. We can't wait to see how the heck you can use the Shadow Hologram Generator, but we know it's going to be good. Mastery of all these weapons is likely to be a requirement for success. The developers seem intent on preventing Picassio from becoming a fast paced shooting-faster-than-they-can-shoot-me type of game. Using the gadgets well, sneaking around and attention to detail seem to be the skills that will get you far in this game.
The game is using a brand new engine that's designed for the high performance PCs and consoles that we're going to get in the next couple of years. A multiplayer game is expected to be in there where teams of thieves will be running around achieving goals.
While the game is being developed on a maxed out PC, Promethean Designs seems confident in the Dolphin's potential processing power and published specs and intends to bring Picassio to the Big N's next console.
Realism is huge part of the Picassio experience and so expect to be breaking into and stealing prizes from recognizable places. Likewise your cat burglar will only be able to carry a certain amount of equipment on his or her body, but they can stash their gear wherever they want around the building they're operating in. That's great stuff, but when consider that the other cat burglar can find, steal and use your gadgets himself or herself and you see what this game's is trying to accomplish.
Comparisons to the films Entrapment and the wacky Hudson Hawk are likely because of the burglary theme. But let the record show that we don't expect Picassio on Dolphin to be anywhere near the emotional letdown that we experienced during Catherine Zeta Jones' back-arching laser beam slithering scene in Entrapment.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:04 Oceans Twelve LaSeR DaNcE HDby ALex GoranovFeatured 117,391
- 8:01 Shenmue 2 as you never see (Dreamcast )by alphaphoenix55 77,714 views
- 14:31 Spider-Man - Gameplay Dreamcast HD 720Pby John GodGames 34,012 views
- 1:45 Sonic The Hedgehog: Happy Mother's Day!by RosyTheRascal15 7,671 views
- 15:57 Video Game History Month - Sega Dreamcastby gamespot 46,962 views
- 6:29 Spider-Man PS1 Monster Ockby Jamie Lovell 381,753 views
- 14:03 Spider-Man Game Sample - Dreamcastby Vysethedetermined2 4,287,186 views
- 5:15 Secret Shenmue Areaby Synbios459 17,058 views
- 9:30 The Gaming Historian - Sega Dreamcast (parte 2 de 2)by saul herradon bernardo 4,701 views
- 5:18 Dreamcast 2 - The Evidenceby GreatRandomVideos 145,603 views
- 11:12 Spider-Man PS1 - The Bank Heistby Richardy4283 245,996 views
- 7:45 The History Of Sega Dreamcast (Part 1/2)by dylmhb 613,277 views
- 7:35 Top 10 Dreamcast Gamesby ScrewAttack! 120,109 views
- 10:40 Spider-Man (PS1) - Comic Book Locations - Part 1by Adam1497 760,297 views
- 4:03 Spider Man 1 PSX Catch Venom! (Fake Version)?by MegaRoxas12 3,694,019 views
- 11:18 SNES VS. Sega Genesis (Part 1)by Cinemassacre 1,168,874 views
- 6:05 BRAND NEW sealed Limited Edition Sega Dreamcast unboxingby sonyab523 48,317 views
- 8:43 Top 20 Dreamcast Gamesby GamersOdyssey 136,032 views
- 6:49 Spider-Man Demo Playthrough: Level 5 and Boss Battleby DevinFighter 657,526 views
- 26:18 EP04 Spider-Man - Spidey Vs. Venomby Jiiprahtube 205,025 views
- Loading more suggestions...