Dresses Made out of Salad!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 16, 2012
People in Hanoi, Vietnam, were told to go vegetarian through a slightly unusual, albeit attractive, method.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals dressed a model in lettuce to draw attention to their cause.
And the message of the day: save the planet by going vegetarian.
Though PETA is usually more concerned with the suffering of animals, according to the organization, consumption of meats, eggs, and dairy products is a leading cause of global climate change.
However, there are relatively few vegetarians in Vietnam, in part due to their culture. Even the model, a student at the Financial Institute, is not a full vegetarian.
[Dam Hong Loan, 4th Year Student]:
"It has always been in Vietnamese culture that people are only vegetarian if they practice Buddhism. But nowadays, some, myself for example, have been consuming a lot of meat. That's why moving to vegetarian is very difficult. I am slowly moving to having a vegetarian-diet once a week."
The typical Vietnamese diet consists of a lot of meat, a major source of the population's nutritional needs. There are some people who eat the occasional vegetarian meal, but it is more of a stress-relief dietary measure. They are generally not thinking of animal suffering, PETA's main cause.
Nevertheless, Jason Baker, the Vice President of PETA, is encouraged with his method.
[Jason Baker, Vice President of PETA]:
"It is a fun, exciting way to talk about a serious message, and that's 'going vegetarian.' So hopefully people will walk by or drive by and will start to think about why they should go vegetarian. And that is because it is good for your health, its good for the planet and most of all, it's good for animals."
Though security guards quickly told them to disperse - or to simply cross the street, out of their jurisdiction - crowds did indeed gather to check out the salad-dressed message.
For more news and videos visit ☛ http://english.ntdtv.com
Follow us on Twitter ☛ http://twitter.com/NTDTelevision
Add us on Facebook ☛ http://on.fb.me/s5KV2C
Standard YouTube License
- 10:24 Gu Kailai, Bo Xilai, and Plastination Exhibits Using Executed Prisonersby NTDTV15,418 views
- 2:06 Chinese Drivers Trapped in 62-Mile Traffic Jam in Inner Mongoliaby NTDTV43,089 views
- 1:51 Spanish "Robin Hood" Mayor Loots Supermarketby NTDTV6,596 views
- 2:05 Taiwan's Ma Ying-jeoh Signals Further Relations with Chinaby NTDTV297 views
- 1:11:23 The Benefits of Vegetarianismby DharmaNation8,858 views
- 26:15 How to Create Patterns from Existing Clothing - Simple Topsby Professor Pincushion45,617 views
- 5:01 Motorbiking Vietnam 2012 ~ Ep.1 "Arrival"by LeoOfTheBeyond1,689 views
- 13:11 BEST sewing machine for beginners!by TheCraftyGemini66,324 views
- 12:38 How To Build A Mini Ramp with Billy Rohanby VICE187,062 views
- 13:23 On the Set of Boardwalk Empire with Terence Winterby VICE29,635 views
- 13:43 SammyDress Clothing Haulby glamtwinz33476,760 views
- 12:53 Simple Sweetheart Top Tutorialby coolirpa298,052 views
- 14:29 How to Make a Tutu Dressby Sandy Bell406,108 views
- 34:43 "ZT 0560 Hinderer: Who Needs the XM18?!" by Nutnfancyby nutnfancy88,372 views
- 8:59 Ensalada Césarby Víctor Muñoz79,151 views
- 16:34 Anarkali or Umbrella Top and Churidhar Cuttingby Women's Hub143,027 views
- 8:05 Breaking Down Paul Ryan's Fox News Interview With Brit Humeby The Young Turks55,361 views
- 10:35 WUWT - Proof that there is no increased drought in the USA tied to temperatureby AnthonyWattsWUWT184 views
- 13:09 How To Bind a Quilt With a Sewing Machineby MissouriQuiltCo526,583 views
- 5:36 RECETA DE ENSALADA RUSA - ENSALADA DE VERDURAS angycrisjaviby RICAS RECETAS ANGYCRISJAVI607,571 views
- Loading more suggestions...