Drum Lessons Fills: Twenty-three
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 22, 2012
Preview: A 0:57 B 2:28 C 3:58
Drum Lessons Fills - Fill Development Lesson Guide:
Fill Development Accompanying .PDF Sheet Music:
Video Quick Start Guide - Lessons 1 - 12:
Video Quick Start Guide - Lessons 13 - 24:
Fill Development Video Playlist (Drums Only):
Fill Development Video Playlist (Narrated):
Please refer to the 7 Basic Beats lesson series for detailed breakdowns of the beats used in these lessons.
7 Basic Beats Lesson Guide:
7 Basic Beats .PDF Sheet Music:
7 Basic Beats Video Playlist:
Feel free to adapt and innovate these fills. Make them your own!
The goal of this lesson series is to build your fill vocabulary while developing the ability to create, improvise and quickly learn fills by ear.
These lessons will walk you through the creation of drum fills from the ground up, so that you will learn the language of fills commonly used in popular music.
Each of the fills will be played with a beat to encourage steady time and smooth transitions. The lessons begin with sticking patterns that provide a clear physical reference to the pulse.
By playing the fills at the end of four measure phrases, you will learn to place fills as markers for transitions between song sections. It is important to remember that drum fills serve a purpose in a song. Where, why and how you play a fill is more important than what you play. Taking a simple fill and making it sound good is always better than playing a complicated fill with poor timing or rough transitions.
As you progress through the series, you may discover that some fills require practice to work up to speed. Some lessons might take a week, while others will come naturally just in the duration of the video. Don't feel rushed if you can't play a fill right away. It is better to practice slowly and enjoy the process.
If you are working on a challenging fill, try memorizing it so you aren't dependent on the sheet music or videos. This will help you internalize and master the fill. Speed will come naturally as a result of relaxed, controlled practice.
Copyright © Niels Myrner. All rights reserved.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:45 Drum Lessons Fills: Twenty-fourby nielsmyrner 1,712 views
- 4:43 Drum Lessons Fills: Thirteenby nielsmyrner 641 views
- 5:28 Drum Lessons Fills: Eightby nielsmyrner 1,576 views
- 2:58 Drum Lessons Fills: Twoby nielsmyrner 5,731 views
- 3:40 Drum Lessons Fills: Fourby nielsmyrner 3,897 views
- 26 videos Play all Drum Lessons Fillsby nielsmyrner
- 5:29 Drum Lessons Fills: Twelveby nielsmyrner 2,104 views
- 5:28 Drum Lessons Fills: Sevenby nielsmyrner 2,135 views
- 2:56 Niels Myrner - Funky New Orleans - Snare and Bass Drum Soloby nielsmyrner 28,085 views
- 3:28 Improvisationby nielsmyrner 10,849 views
- 1:01 Double Stroke Roll - Drum Rudiment Lessonby nielsmyrner 1,532 views
- 5:29 Drum Lessons Fills: Tenby nielsmyrner 1,269 views
- 13:02 Beginner Drum Fillsby drumlessonscom 281,744 views
- 24:04 My Trip To Pearl Headquarters! - NEW Pearl Export Series Drums - Vlog 1by COOP3RDRUMM3R 7,615 views
- 5:15 Heavy Metal Drum Beats - Single Pedal - Drum Lessonsby drumlessonscom 63,272 views
- 3:05 Drum Lessons Fills: Threeby nielsmyrner 4,127 views
- 13:26 Beginner 16th Note Linear Drum Fillsby freedrumlessons 52,546 views
- 2:41 Alvin - Improvisationby nielsmyrner 2,064 views
- 8:40 Open/Close Technique - Basics - Short Versionby GKMusic54 161,573 views
- 6:59 Drum Fill Ideas - Drum Lessonsby freedrumlessons 201,748 views
- 4:47 Drum Lessons Fills: Twenty (Narrated)by nielsmyrner 49 views
- Loading more suggestions...