HELLION - Screams In The Night
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 20, 2007
HELLION - Screams In The Night.
Hellion became famous after being discovered by Ronnie James Dio in the mid-1980s. Hellion was based in Los Angeles and there were several line-ups, all of which were very good. The band probably would have become very big, if it was not for the major record companys' concept of female singers and they type of music women were expected to perform in the 1980s. Many famous managers and record companys offered Ann Boleyn deals if she agree to become more of a pop-rock singer, such as Pat Benetar. (There is a story that the former manager of Van Halen was convinced that Ann Boleyn was going to be "the next Pat Benetar." Another famous record producer, who had worked with Janis Joplin, said she was the 1980s answer to Janis.) At the same time, most of the record companies thought that the band itself was so heavy that they needed a male singer. These conflicts often caused band members to come and go.
Hellion developed a substantial following in the cities where they regularly performed. Because Ann Boleyn is one of the only metal singers who did not rely on sexy costumes and never "sold out" she has maintained a strong cult following, and releases recordings every several years. The last Hellion album came out in 2003 on Massacre Records (Germany).
She took a few years off from music to go to law school. But, she has said in interviews that she will continue performing and recording when she is done with law school.
Ann Boleyn was tapped to replace singer Dawn Crosby (RIP) in the legendary thrash band, Detente. Boleyn toured the USA and Europe with Detente in 2008 and 2009.
In 2010, following the death of her mentor, Ronnie James Dio, Ann Boleyn stopped touring. She performed live one time (at the All-Star Metal Jam at the NAMM Music show) in the last three years.
Ann Boleyn's facebook page indicates that she and former Dio & AC/DC drummer, Simon Wright, have reformed Hellion with the aid of a new guitarist, Maxxxwell Carlisle, and bass player, Bjorn Englen (Yngwie Malmsteen and Uli John Roth). A news report said that Hellion is currently in the studio with legendary producer, Ken Scott.
The line-up on this video is:
Drummer - Greg Pecka (ex-Dokken)
Singer - Ann Boleyn
Guitar - Chet Thompson
Bass - Alex Campbell (ex-Lyon)
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - HELLION - Screams In The Night
- 36:14 Hellion - Screams In The Night - 1987 (Full Album)by Luis Augusto Featured 10,064
- 41:03 Satan - Court in the Act (Full Album)by VultureLivesAgain16,015 views
- 4:06 Chastain - For Those Who Dareby pupdnd125,507 views
- 6:27 LEE AARON - Barely Holding On (Sweden Rock Festival 2011)by Lita77Swe19,265 views
- 4:25 SHOTGUN MESSIAH ¤ Don't Care 'Bout Nothin (1989)by TAIGRESSHELLRAIZOR17,369 views
- 5:18 Lee Aaron official video 'Metal Queen' 1984by LeeAaronTV38,694 views
- 4:11 HELLION - Break The Spell (1983)by NewRenaissanceEnt134,842 views
- 7:27 Judas Priest - The Hellion/Electric Eye - Riding on the Windby TWBalls600,003 views
- 5:23 HELLION - Bad Attitude (from the "Screams In The Night")by NewRenaissanceEnt3,048 views
- 5:21 Witch Cross - Rocking The Night Awayby heavymetal198346,634 views
- 4:22 Santa - "Reencarnación"by JeroWebmaster134,082 views
- 55:21 Lee Aaron - Bodyrock (Full Album) 1989by Kas-g Randy800 views
- 4:11 Judas Priest - The Hellion/Electric Eye Live '82by BarbecueJr654,114 views
- 3:36 Girlschool - Demolition Boys -- live rehearsal 1980by Schimmerlois110,857 views
- 4:24 DETENTE - Holy Warby NeckWatcher97,343 views
- 43:18 Lee Aaron - Lee Aaron (Full Album) 1987by Kas-g Randy1,126 views
- 47:18 Hellion - The Black Book (Full Album)by Luis Augusto2,549 views
- 5:08 Glass - Hold On To The Nightby KiRILL94383,619 views
- 4:05 Vortex Open The Gate original 1986 Video clipby bobobosma62,813 views
- 6:58 Female Fronted Metal Bands Pt.5by NapalmScum18,781 views
- Loading more suggestions...