IBM Collaboration Software: Enabling Smarter Decision-Making
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 1, 2010
Lotus Notes enables the Australian Bureau of Statistics to collaborate across boundries, automate, manage and find information. The organization informs decision-making within the government and community by providing accurate data that allows people to research and to develop social policy, based on real information rather than guesses and hunches.
LANE MASTERSON: Im Lane Masterson. I head the Technology Infrastructure branch of the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
MASTERSON: So, the Australian Bureau of Statistics is Australias national statistical organization and our role is to actually inform decision-making within government and within the community by providing accurate data that allow people to research and to develop social policy based on real information rather than just on guesses and hunches.
MASTERSON: So, its fair to say that the ABS runs on Notes effectively. Notes is part of all our key statistical processes. We have staff around Australia and often they work in virtual teams.
MASTERSON: So, the ABS has used Quickr for a number of years to host some external forums. So, there are topics that are of importance to the people outside the Bureau. One of the key ones is trying to work out what questions might be on the next census. We host a Quickr forum so people can come and discuss what questions might be asked in the next census. We use Notes as a key collaboration hub. We have our work group databases and our discussion databases where groups get together to discuss topics that are of importance to them. These are a repository for important information for the group. Theyll also use that as a team calendar to schedule meetings that are important to the group as well.
MASTERSON: So, when the ABS team introduced Notes in the late 90s, we went through a large process of actually automating most of our admin workflows. So, as a manager I can approve travel or leave or purchase requests from my staff inside my Notes environment. Someone raises a request to purchase a piece of equipment, an e-mail comes to me, I sign it off, theres a workflow thats audited throughout the application development environment so that I can go back and track exactly who approved what at what time and that all happens inside the Notes environment.
MASTERSON: Everything the ABS does is using Notes Domino. Effectively, it allows us to very quickly collaborate. It allows us to automate all our workflow. It allows us to manage all our information in a way that makes it easy to find information and share it across the organization. Its fair to say that Notes Domino is a key part of what the ABS does and it enables the ABS to work in a way that it does.
MASTERSON: Lotus knows everything about the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
Standard YouTube License
- 55:41 OpenNTF Webinar 05/07/13: OpenNTF - The IBM Collaboration Solutions App Dev Communityby OpenNTF523 views
- 46:37 Georg Greve - Kolab 3.1: Groupware Done Right - openSUSE Conference 2013by opensusetv463 views
- 1:12:38 IBM Lotus Domino Server Installationby Mr. Shuvro27,179 views
- 24:10 Technical Introduction to IBM WebSphere MQby IBM SupportTV36,215 views
- 1:07:45 LOTUS at Camp Bisco LIVE - Full Show 2013by NetFreqTV25,489 views
- 5:25 IBM Lotus Software "Lotus Connections Communities"by George Brichacek504 views
- 9:08 Marketing Training Video - How to use Australian Bureau of statistics (ABS) data to increase salesby Crocodile Marketing471 views
- 3:15 Collaborative Decision Making Software - Decision Lensby Decision Lens3,237 views
- 50 videos Play all IBM Social Businessby IBMCustomerReference
- 10:01 Facilitating Multi-Criteria Analysis - with Collaboration Software - Part 2by Paul Collins1,660 views
- 6:40 MakeItRational - AHP Decision Making softwareby MakeItRational2,536 views
- 11:08 How Companies Can Make Better Decisions, Fasterby Harvard Business Review17,273 views
- 13:21 LOTUS DOMINO 8.0 NEW USER CREATIONby Javed Iqbal11,814 views
- 10:24 Your first steps with IBM Lotus Notesby moadoors102,910 views
- 25:28 Lotus Notes 8.5 - 2. Receive/Send Gmail emails from Lotus Notes Client 8.5by DelaNation17,208 views
- 3:04 IBM Collaboration Solutions: Driving Innovation and Productivity at Colgate-Palmoliveby collaboration4you3,735 views
- 8:45 Quickr 8.5 Part 1 - Creating a Team Placeby travelsbydan2,368 views
- 6:07 Configuring the Lotus Notes Client for POP & SMTP Mailby LotusTechSupport20,160 views
- 5:56 Horde Email and Groupware Tutorials, by Media Genesisby Media Genesis4,986 views
- 13:54 IBM Thinkpad T40 T41 T42 R50 R52 issue boot start problem freezing dose not power up Part twoby MrAlbi31125,437 views