An Introduction to Clicker Training
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 6, 2006
From Virginia Broitman and Sherri Lippman's The How of Bow Wow, this clear overview of clicker training gives you the basics in just one minute! From the ClickFlicks Learning Center. http://www.clickertraining.tv
"Clicker training" is the popular term for the training or teaching method based on what we know about how living organisms learn.
Research has shown that any creature—whether a dog, cat, dolphin, parrot, fish, horse, llama, or person—is more likely to learn and repeat actions that result in consequences it desires and enjoys. So clicker trainers provide consequences desired by their animal in exchange for actions or behaviors desired by their trainers.
We call these consequences "rewards" and the process is called "reinforcement." Clicker training, therefore, is a positive-reinforcement-based system of training.
First widely used by dolphin trainers who needed a way to teach behavior without using physical force, operant conditioning (the scientific term for clicker training) can be and has been successfully employed with animals of all sizes and species, both domesticated and wild, young and old; all breeds of dogs and puppies, cats, birds, leopards, rats, rabbits, chinchillas, fish, and more.
Clicker trainers who learn the underlying principles have at their disposal a powerful set of tools that enable them to analyze behaviors, modify existing methods for individual animals, and create new methods where none previously existed. This flexibility allows the tools of clicker training to be re-invented in new forms that work in a range of situations, and for an infinite variety of animals.
The same principles have also been applied to training for athletes, dancers, skaters, and other people. Called "TAGteach," this form of training uses a click as a marker signal to teach precise physical motions quickly, accurately, and positively.
More information can be found at http://www.clickertraining.com
Standard YouTube License
- 5:36 Clicker Training Basics - Dog Trainingby pamelamarxsenFeatured 33,118
- 9:52 Introduction to ClickerTraining - PART 1 (by Honey the Great Dane)by Bighoneydog Honey-GreatDane 122,678 views
- 3:02 Clicker Training for Beginnersby DogAcademyLLC 31,786 views
- 2:54 Puppy Potty Training - "How To Do It The RIGHT Way"by dog4training 252,865 views
- 130 videos Play all Dog trainingby kikopup
- 4:39 The Truth About Clicker Trainingby Dog Training with Adam G. Katz 20,272 views
- 14:10 What is Clicker Training?by Modern Canine Training 14,291 views
- Clicker training 9,917 videos106
- 4:39 Dog Trick Tutorial: "Cover your eyes!!"by Dog training explained 437,704 views
- 3:01 Clicker Training Made Easyby DaveWomach 121,455 views
- 9:45 Introduction to Clicker Training - PART 2: Teaching Tricks (by Honey the Great Dane)by Bighoneydog Honey-GreatDane 60,219 views
- 1:12 German Shepherd Puppy Clicker Trainingby David Harris 46,587 views
- 6:27 An Abused Mule Responds to Clicker Trainingby markkpct 208,198 views
- 1:50 Puppy Clicker Training: Sit, down, and standby pamelamarxsen 22,711 views
- 18:37 The BEST and FASTEST way to teach STAYby Dog Training 158,356 views
- 8:44 Dog Training Videos: How to train your puppy not to biteby Dog Training 236,568 views
- 7:52 Shaping your dog to love his crate - Clicker Training Tutorialby pamelamarxsen 48,293 views
- 9:59 Clicker Training 101by FreestyleNW's channel 30,250 views
- 3:45 Clicker training an 11 week old Border Collie puppy.by gforcetrishbos 77,213 views
- 2:31 Clicker Dog Training: STOP Leash Pulling!by tab289 98,704 views
- 4:27 Leash Training a Dogby me3tv 115,262 views
- 2:11 Very Smart Black Labrador Puppy- Training Sessionby stephacorn's channel 305,642 views
- Loading more suggestions...