An Introduction to Clicker Training
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 6, 2006
From Virginia Broitman and Sherri Lippman's The How of Bow Wow, this clear overview of clicker training gives you the basics in just one minute! From the ClickFlicks Learning Center. http://www.clickertraining.tv
"Clicker training" is the popular term for the training or teaching method based on what we know about how living organisms learn.
Research has shown that any creature—whether a dog, cat, dolphin, parrot, fish, horse, llama, or person—is more likely to learn and repeat actions that result in consequences it desires and enjoys. So clicker trainers provide consequences desired by their animal in exchange for actions or behaviors desired by their trainers.
We call these consequences "rewards" and the process is called "reinforcement." Clicker training, therefore, is a positive-reinforcement-based system of training.
First widely used by dolphin trainers who needed a way to teach behavior without using physical force, operant conditioning (the scientific term for clicker training) can be and has been successfully employed with animals of all sizes and species, both domesticated and wild, young and old; all breeds of dogs and puppies, cats, birds, leopards, rats, rabbits, chinchillas, fish, and more.
Clicker trainers who learn the underlying principles have at their disposal a powerful set of tools that enable them to analyze behaviors, modify existing methods for individual animals, and create new methods where none previously existed. This flexibility allows the tools of clicker training to be re-invented in new forms that work in a range of situations, and for an infinite variety of animals.
The same principles have also been applied to training for athletes, dancers, skaters, and other people. Called "TAGteach," this form of training uses a click as a marker signal to teach precise physical motions quickly, accurately, and positively.
More information can be found at http://www.clickertraining.com
Standard YouTube License
- 45:58 How to Raise the Perfect Dogby NatGeoWild Featured 945,580
- 13:14 Train your dog - Stop Pulling On Leashby b1gdogk911452,242 views
- 9:52 Introduction to ClickerTraining - PART 1 (by Honey the Great Dane)by Bighoneydog Honey-GreatDane145,331 views
- 45:58 Most Aggressive Breedsby NatGeoWild1,717,403 views
- 14:47 SMART PUPPY at 7 weeks, clicker training labby Dana Cluff33,679 views
- 2:54 Puppy Potty Training - "How To Do It The RIGHT Way"by dog4training295,883 views
- 9:45 Introduction to Clicker Training - PART 2: Teaching Tricks (by Honey the Great Dane)by Bighoneydog Honey-GreatDane70,354 views
- 3:02 Great Dane Dog Training - Clicker Training ('Free-shaping' for Tricks)by Bighoneydog Honey-GreatDane122,512 views
- 5:46 How to teach ANY dog to Come when called!by Training Positive1,038,399 views
- 4:39 Teaching a dog to Bow - using Clicker Training (by Honey the Great Dane)by Bighoneydog Honey-GreatDane28,715 views
- 7:17 Introduction to ClickerTraining - PART 3: Teaching DOWN & STAY (by Honey the Great Dane)by Bighoneydog Honey-GreatDane36,459 views
- 3:27 3 month old labrador Retriever Puppy doing tricksby m3phrlf897,815 views
- 18:37 The BEST and FASTEST way to teach STAY - Dog training Obedience Positionsby kikopup207,194 views
- 14:10 What is Clicker Training?by Kristin Crestejo32,635 views
- 3:01 Clicker Training Made Easyby DaveWomach134,465 views
- 7:53 Teaching a dog to go to its bed (using clicker training)by Bighoneydog Honey-GreatDane51,782 views
- 5:50 Dog Training Tutorial: Holding Objects & Clean Up!by Training Positive162,842 views
- 7:29 How To Teach Any Dog PERFECT Obedience! (Sit,Down,Stand)by Training Positive292,576 views
- 5:36 How to teach your dog to STOP pulling! (part 1)by Training Positive748,898 views
- 3:01 How to House Train a Puppy | Dog Trainingby Howcast265,200 views
- Loading more suggestions...