Upload

Loading icon Loading...

This video is unavailable.

Glenn Mulcaire Arrested [07.12.2011]

Sign in to YouTube

Sign in with your Google Account (YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Orkut, Picasa, or Chrome) to like NOTWPhoneHacking's video.

Sign in to YouTube

Sign in with your Google Account (YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Orkut, Picasa, or Chrome) to dislike NOTWPhoneHacking's video.

Sign in to YouTube

Sign in with your Google Account (YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Orkut, Picasa, or Chrome) to add NOTWPhoneHacking's video to your playlist.

Uploaded on Dec 7, 2011

Glenn Mulcaire Arrested [07.12.2011]

Click the link below to SUBSCRIBE to the 'News of the World Phone Hacking' YouTube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...

For upto date news on the hacking scandal, follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/#!/NOTW_Hack_News

Private investigator Glenn Mulcaire has been arrested as part of Scotland Yard's inquiry into phone hacking.

He is being held on suspicion of conspiracy to hack voicemail messages and perverting the course of justice.

Mr Mulcaire was arrested at 07:00 GMT and is being held at a south London police station.

The Met Police's Operation Weeting is investigating hacking of mobile phone voicemails of public figures by the now-defunct News of the World paper.

The phone-hacking investigation is working its way through about 300 million emails from News International.

Mr Mulcaire is the 20th person to be arrested as part of the police's investigations into phone hacking, computer misuse and corruption.

All but one of the 20 remain under investigation.

Mr Mulcaire was jailed for six months in January 2007 after admitting intercepting voicemails on phones belonging to aides of the Royal Family, including messages left by Prince William.

He was also convicted of intercepting messages of public figures including publicist Max Clifford, Lib Dem MP Simon Hughes and the model, Elle MacPherson.

In July this year, Mr Mulcaire issued a statement through his lawyers apologising to those "hurt and affected" by his actions.

The statement said that having been employed by the News of the World as a private investigator from 2002 he had "acted on the instructions of others".

Last month, in an another statement issued by his lawyer, Mr Mulcaire said he did not delete messages on a mobile phone belonging to the murdered schoolgirl, Milly Dowler and "had no reason to do so".

Earlier, Scotland Yard said a 41-year-old man had been arrested in London in connection with phone hacking and perverting the course of justice.

Former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks and ex-Downing Street communications chief Andy Coulson are among those who have already been arrested as part of the inquiry.

The scandal has led Met Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson and Assistant Commissioner John Yates to resign, and the NoW to close down after 168 years.

Operation Weeting is now investigating claims of more widespread phone hacking.

Some 1,800 people have come forward to express fears that they may have been hacked.

Wednesday 7th December 2011

Loading icon Loading...

Loading icon Loading...

Loading icon Loading...

The interactive transcript could not be loaded.

Loading icon Loading...

Loading icon Loading...

Ratings have been disabled for this video.
Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.

Loading icon Loading...

Loading...
Working...
to add this to Watch Later

Add to