Who Started World War II? by V. Suvorov 1/4
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 21, 2010
This is Viktor Suvorov's book presentation at the United States Naval Academy on October 7, 2009, part 1 of 4.
Part 1/4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7zVLf...
Part 2/4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qh_iN...
Part 3/4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0BdQn...
Part 4/4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IilUns...
In his recent book "The Chief Culprit" the bestselling author Viktor Suvorov probes newly released Soviet documents and reevaluates existing material to analyze Stalin's strategic design to conquer Europe and the reasons behind his controversial support for Nazi Germany.
He argues that Stalin was caught just days before launching his own assault into Central Europe. Thus the Red Army's offensive posture rendered it uniquely vulnerable to German attack.
A former Soviet army intelligence officer (true name Vladimir Rezun), the author explains that Stalin's strategy leading up to World War II grew from Vladimir Lenin's belief that if World War I did not ignite the worldwide Communist revolution, then a second world war would be needed to achieve it. Stalin saw Nazi Germany as the power that would fight and weaken capitalist countries so that Soviet armies could then sweep across Europe. Suvorov reveals how Stalin conspired with German leaders to bypass the Versailles Treaty, which forbade German rearmament, and secretly trained German engineers and officers and provided bases and factories for war. He also calls attention to the 1939 nonaggression pact between the Soviet Union and Germany that allowed Hitler to proceed with his plans to invade Poland, fomenting war in Europe.
Suvorov debunks the theory that Stalin was duped by Hitler and that the Soviet Union was a victim of Nazi aggression. Instead, he makes the case that Stalin neither feared Hitler nor mistakenly trusted him. Suvorov maintains that after Germany occupied Poland, defeated France, and started to prepare for an invasion of Great Britain, Hitler's intelligence services detected the Soviet Union's preparations for a major war against Germany. This detection, he argues, led to Germany's preemptive war plan and the launch of an invasion of the USSR. Stalin emerges from the pages of this book as a genius consumed by the vision of a worldwide Communist revolution at any cost--a leader who wooed Hitler and Germany in his own effort to conquer the world. In contradicting traditional theories about Soviet planning, the book is certain to provoke debate among historians throughout the world.
About the Author
VIKTOR SUVOROV is the author of eighteen books that have been translated into more than twenty languages, including "Inside the Aquarium: The Making of a Top Soviet Spy" and "Icebreaker: Who Started the Second World War?" A Soviet army officer who served in military intelligence, he defected in 1978 to the United Kingdom, where he worked as an intelligence analyst and lecturer. He lives in England.
Standard YouTube License
- 13:10 Who Started World War II? by V. Suvorov 2/4by SashaL1946 13,341 views
- 2:27:59 World War 2/II in Colour / The Second World War in Colour [FULL FILM DOCUMENTARY]by Thieves Steal to Brag True Story 2,907,416 views
- 1:07:04 Виктор Суворов - Ледокол в пересказе автора часть2-5by taes28n2 14,190 views
- 1:21:22 Dr. Michael Parenti: The 1% Pathology And The Myth of Capitalism - 10/19/2012by Jon Gold 6,386 views
- 15:01 Adolf Hitler Bio Colour #3 New Film Documentaryby Donatello2030 105,770 views
- 13:11 Who Started World War II? by V. Suvorov 3/4by SashaL1946 9,610 views
- 55:24 Understanding Deep Politics featuring Michael Parentiby TheEthanwashere's channel 4,863 views
- 9:50 ledokol 2of3 part 12by Kasutaja ivan717007 kanal 10,792 views
- 1:23:01 Michael Parenti, The Darker Myths of Empire: Heart of Darkness Seriesby CollegeofDuPage 7,793 views
- 35:28 Dr. Michael Parenti on the 'Make-Believe Media' (Episode 66)by SmellsLikePodcast 2,499 views
- 9:58 Beginning of WWII in High Def Part 1by TheHistoryChannelYT 15,832 views
- 2:54 10 Unsolved Mysteries Of World War IIby All Time 10s 1,164,448 views
- 104 videos Play all World War IIby Ace4Tree1
- 56:37 Michael-Parenti-January-6-2012-Democracy and the Pathology of Wealthby brightpathvideo 19,090 views
- 5:39 Russian Hero - Alexander Suvorov (with Total War)by Entertaining and Educative History! 5,685 views
- 1:57:02 Christopher Hitchens vs Michael Parenti - Iraq and the future of US foreign policy by Christopher Hitchens 21,662 views
- 8:04 Germany Invades Poland (World War II)by FasttrackHistory 46,682 views
- 9:53 Submarine Service WWIIby Stan Cook 63,093 views
- 7:39 Cold War Spies, CIA Agent Oleg Penkovskyby ColdWarWarriors 18,174 views
- 2:31 1945 Last Days of Battle in Berlin (HD)by UnknownWW2InColor 168,801 views
- 10:36 WORLD WAR 2 BATAAN DEATH MARCH - PART 1by Bill Smith 275,399 views
- Loading more suggestions...