Summer Burglaries On The Rise. Robert Siciliano for ADT Pulse
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 19, 2011
So I have the new ADT Pulse system. It's pretty amazing. I've had a "plain old" system for the past 15 years, which has been upgraded 3 times. The standard home alarm system covers monitoring, doors, windows, motion and glass.
This system has all that plus wireless cameras inside, remote controlled thermostats, remote controlled/timed light controls, flood sensors in the mechanical room and laundry, full web access to the cameras, an iPad looking touchpad that controls it, an iPhone app to control/monitor its cameras/stat it from anywhere, and a web dashboard that lets you control every single aspect of each control to inform you of activity or to set up a "reaction" to an incident.
This home alarm system is very simple and easy to program and once you dive into the system it give you a tremendous amount of "awareness" of the goings on in and around your home and it does it automatically.
I haven't spent a lot of time on the programming just yet, but just by default the basic settings will alert you via text and email whenever anything happens. You also have the ability to turn all these same alerts off.
It has no less than 5 ways to turn it on and off including a wired keypad, iPhone app, Touch pad, computer and remote control on the keychain for deactivating before the garage door goes up. The Touch pads sit in bedrooms/office/kitchen and has a live video feed tuned into kids rooms or the entrance way. There's also a big green or red icon on the touch pad letting you know if it's set or not. Mine is mostly red because it's set while we are home. The touchpad definitely give you more control with, than without. It allows very simple setting of the home alarm so it's mostly always on and you know it which reduces false alarms.
What I like most is the inside cameras. I have one in the little people's room who are too little to tell me they don't want them there. There's also one in the kitchen, family room, office, entrance way, mechanical room and basement/garage. All of these spaces have a light switch in the room that I can control remotely to turn on so I can see what's going on at night.
More visibility, more notification, more functionality, easier controls means more security. I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and when ADT installed this thing, the sales peeps and installers couldn't have been more courteous and more professional. They weren't run of the mill-off of craigslist-contractors, these were employees of the largest alarm company on the planet and it showed they do serious quality control over who their employees are. You don't see that so much anymore.
It was a very impressive parade of professionalism.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:57 ADT Pulse Z-Wave Garage Door Openerby luckyclover777Featured 2,438
- 10:06 Review on Best Home Security, Watch This Before Deciding on the Best Home Security Companyby Albert Ronald 740 views
- 0:48 Karen's house burglarby ianjchiu 18,294 views
- 3:21 Better than ADT - Home Security - Alarm, Camera - Lewis Center, Polaris, Westerviile, Circlevilleby SuretyCamTV2 379 views
- 1:36 ADT Pulse Install of sensors through touchscreen.by NSP269 5,892 views
- 20:43 ADT Pulse Interactive Security System Overviewby larrygreenberg 57,953 views
- 3:54 ADT Pulse reviewby blkinvestor 2,328 views
- 3:39 ADT Pulseby NextGenHome 1,278 views
- 5:18 Identity Theft on The Rise: Protect Wireless with Hotspot Shield VPN @HotspotShieldby Robert Siciliano 460 views
- 0:44 ADT Home Security - ADT Pulse/Honeywell Iphone Appby PhiladelphiaAlarm 1,910 views
- 2:14 Cyberguy: ADT Pulseby wxintv 8,166 views
- 2:21 Home Security Wireless vs Wired Alarm Systemsby powerhometech 13,523 views
- 1:22 Bypassing Alarm Systemby SteamFox 27,977 views
- 4:25 ADT Pulse System and Home Security Burglary Prevention, Robert Siciliano www.IDTheftSecurity.comby Robert Siciliano 12,531 views
- 2:08 Upgrading to ADT Pulse® Remote Home Securityby ADT 25,249 views
- 2:42 Digital Keypad With LCD Screenby elitesecuritysystem 2,670 views
- 1:28 Honeywell alarm 702- 870-8880 Las Vegas Honeywell securityby acidwashers 2,758 views
- 6:20 Stop, Think and Connect on Public Wi-Fi @HotspotShieldby Robert Siciliano 110 views
- 1:03 Can automatic garage door opener signals be read by criminals with scanners? FAQ #6by customhomesecurity 1,492 views
- 3:45 ADT Securityby HomeSecurityReviews 34,864 views
- Loading more suggestions...