How To Ice a Cake... Nude
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 8, 2013
Recipe below. Subscribe to Hungry for more tasty recipes and how-to guides: http://bit.ly/PsJ96O
Hungry has a lot of sticky fun and gets dirty showing you how to properly dress a cake!
Hungry is home to the best culinary videos on the YouTube! Join the party with recipes, how-to guides, big personalities, and plenty of flavor! Whether you're grilling, baking, frying, or just looking for inspiration, we have something delicious for everyone. Satisfy your hunger by clicking the subscribe link below:
Click here for more Hungry How-To videos: http://bit.ly/HungryHow-To
Follow on Twitter! https://Twitter.com/HungryYouTube
And like us on Facebook! http://Facebook.com/HungryYouTube
Check out our other shows and get to know our awesome hosts:
How to Bake It in Hollywood with Ashley Adams: http://bit.ly/ZLPj09
Secrets of a Food Stylist with Megan Mitchell: http://bit.ly/YgZ63o
Gluten Free with Alex T: http://bit.ly/XqRGsP
Grill This with Nathan Lippy: http://bit.ly/OGuMHm
Casserole Queens with Sandy Pollock and Crystal Cook: http://bit.ly/No9ml5
Midnight Munchies with the Brothers Green: http://bit.ly/RLLFiH
How To Ice a Cake
1. Always start with room temperature cake and frosting. A hot cake will melt the frosting and cold frosting will tear the cake.
2. Place the cake on a cardboard round and place that on a revolving cake stand.
3. Using an off set spatula, start by making the crumb coat. This is a thin layer of frosting that seals the cake crumbs and allows the second coat of frosting to go on smoothly.
4. Always work in one direction and start with the sides of the cake. Make sure to scrape the spatula on the side of the bowl of frosting in between adding more frosting to the cake.
5. While you are frosting, rotate the revolving cake stand as you move along the sides of the cake.
6. Once you've finished the sides, add some frosting to the top of the cake and spread evenly, using the revolving cake stand to assist you.
7. Remove any excess frosting around the cake to have a smooth crumb coat.
8. Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour.
9. After the crumb coat has set, Repeat the same process as above, until you have a beautiful smooth cake.
10. Garnish as you wish.
Standard YouTube License
- 20:22 How To Ice A Cake With Straight Sides and Sharp Edges: The Krazy Kool Cakes Wayby laurapoopieFeatured 25,480
- 14:21 Vegan Double-Double Burgers and Hot Dogsby TheOfficialHungry 19,189 views
- 5:48 Philly Cheesesteak - Brothers Greenby TheOfficialHungry 24,985 views
- 4:16 Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas... Nudeby TheOfficialHungry 54,775 views
- 8:52 Strawburry17 Cake - How to Bake it in Hollywood with Ashley Adamsby TheOfficialHungry 52,454 views
- Cake 246,572 videos3K
- 5:28 How to Frost a Cake With Ganancheby savannahcustomcakes 396,662 views
- 21:29 How To Stack A Tiered Cake The Krazy Kool Cakes Wayby laurapoopie 141,703 views
- 7:02 Spinach and Artichoke Dip... Vegan Style!by TheOfficialHungry 11,152 views
- 8:45 How to Get Smooth Icing or Frosting on a Cakeby CakeSuppliesPlus 312,045 views
- 2:45 How to Make Sausage and Pepper Heroesby TheOfficialHungry 11,396 views
- 7:38 Rainbow Cake for Kathryn McCormick -- How to Bake It in Hollywood with Ashley Adamsby TheOfficialHungry 54,576 views
- 3:46 How to Frost a Birthday Cake : Cake Decoration Ideasby cookingguide 7,743 views
- 2:11 Ricotta Cheese -- Homemade! With Alex Thomopoulosby TheOfficialHungry 7,227 views
- 4:48 Baked Penne with Sausage and Kale - Casserole Queensby TheOfficialHungry 6,778 views
- 9:22 HOW TO MAKE A RAINBOW CAKE - NERDY NUMMIESby RosannaPansino 12,313,890 views
- 11:24 Make A Giant Cupcake Pinata from Chocolate for Easter! - A Cupcake Addiction How To Tutorialby MyCupcakeaddiction 299,367 views
- 9:07 HOW TO MAKE THE PORTAL CAKE - NERDY NUMMIESby RosannaPansino 1,546,097 views
- 5:11 how to frost a cakeby zoebakes 66,000 views
- 2:58 Cake Decorating: How to Cover a Cake with Fondantby HowcastFoodDrink 172,659 views
- 8:39 HOW TO MAKE A HAMBURGER CAKE - NERDY NUMMIESby RosannaPansino 3,543,412 views
- Loading more suggestions...