Published on Jan 8, 2013
Recipe below. Subscribe to Hungry for more tasty recipes and how-to guides: http://bit.ly/PsJ96O
Hungry has a lot of sticky fun and gets dirty showing you how to properly dress a cake!
Hungry is home to the best culinary videos on the YouTube! Join the party with recipes, how-to guides, big personalities, and plenty of flavor! Whether you're grilling, baking, frying, or just looking for inspiration, we have something delicious for everyone. Satisfy your hunger by clicking the subscribe link below:
Click here for more Hungry How-To videos: http://bit.ly/HungryHow-To
Follow on Twitter! https://Twitter.com/HungryYouTube
And like us on Facebook! http://Facebook.com/HungryYouTube
Check out our other shows and get to know our awesome hosts:
How to Bake It in Hollywood with Ashley Adams: http://bit.ly/ZLPj09
Secrets of a Food Stylist with Megan Mitchell: http://bit.ly/YgZ63o
Gluten Free with Alex T: http://bit.ly/XqRGsP
Grill This with Nathan Lippy: http://bit.ly/OGuMHm
Casserole Queens with Sandy Pollock and Crystal Cook: http://bit.ly/No9ml5
Midnight Munchies with the Brothers Green: http://bit.ly/RLLFiH
How To Ice a Cake
1. Always start with room temperature cake and frosting. A hot cake will melt the frosting and cold frosting will tear the cake.
2. Place the cake on a cardboard round and place that on a revolving cake stand.
3. Using an off set spatula, start by making the crumb coat. This is a thin layer of frosting that seals the cake crumbs and allows the second coat of frosting to go on smoothly.
4. Always work in one direction and start with the sides of the cake. Make sure to scrape the spatula on the side of the bowl of frosting in between adding more frosting to the cake.
5. While you are frosting, rotate the revolving cake stand as you move along the sides of the cake.
6. Once you've finished the sides, add some frosting to the top of the cake and spread evenly, using the revolving cake stand to assist you.
7. Remove any excess frosting around the cake to have a smooth crumb coat.
8. Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour.
9. After the crumb coat has set, Repeat the same process as above, until you have a beautiful smooth cake.
10. Garnish as you wish.