Keith McHenry - Animal Rights Conference 2009 in Los Angeles
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 12, 2009
Keith McHenry is a co-founder of Food Not Bombs which is one of the fastest growing revolutionary movements and is gaining momentum throughout the world. There are hundreds of autonomous chapters sharing free vegetarian food with hungry people and protesting war and poverty. Food Not Bombs is not a charity. This energetic grassroots movement is active throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Food Not Bombs is organizing for peace and an end to the occupations of Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine. For nearly 30 years the movement has worked to end hunger and has supported actions to stop the globalization of the economy, restrictions to the movements of people, end exploitation and the destruction of the earth.
The first group was formed in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1980 by anti-nuclear activists. Food Not Bombs is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to nonviolent social change. Food Not Bombs has no formal leaders and strives to include everyone in its decision making process. Each group recovers food that would otherwise be thrown out and makes fresh hot vegan and vegetarian meals that are served in outside in public spaces to anyone without restriction. Each independent group also serves free meals at protests and other events. The San Francisco chapter has been arrested over 1,000 times in government's effort to silence its protest against the city's anti- homeless policies. Amnesty International states it will adopt those Food Not Bombs volunteers that are convicted as "Prisoners of Conscience" and will work for their unconditional release. Even though we are dedicated to nonviolence Food Not Bombs activists in the United States have been under investigation by the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force, Pentagon and other intelligence agencies. A number of Food Not Bombs volunteers have been arrested on terrorism charges.
Food Not Bombs is often the first to provide food and supplies to the survivors of disasters. During the first three days after the 1989 Earthquake, Food Not Bombs was the only organization in San Francisco providing hot meals to the survivors. Food Not Bombs was also the first to provide hot meals to the rescue workers responding to September 11th World Trade Center attacks. Food Not Bombs volunteers were among the first to provide food and help to the survivors of the Asian Tsunami and Hurricane Katrina. Our volunteers organized a national collection program and delivered bus and truckloads of food and supplies to the gulf region. We were one of the only organizations sharing daily meals in New Orleans after Katrina. Food Not Bombs is now preparing for the economic crash organizing Food Not Lawns community gardens, housing the homeless with Homes Not Jails, organizing additional meals each week and starting new Food Not Bombs chapters.
Please visit: http://www.FoodNotBombs.net
Standard YouTube License
- 28:51 Peter Singer '07: Animal Rightsby nightjarflying Featured 19,710
- 51:59 Captain Paul Watson - Animal Rights Conference 2009 Keynote Speakerby DoggyTV13,458 views
- 13:27 Dallas Rising - Animal Rights Conference 2009 in Los Angelesby DoggyTV1,022 views
- 12:35 Karen Davis - Animal Rights Conference 2009 in Los Angelesby DoggyTV844 views
- 9:37 Animal Rights Conference 2007 - Debra Erenbergby DoggyTV1,239 views
- 1:10:23 A melhor palestra que você irá ouvir na sua vida - Gary Yourofskyby TheAnimalHolocaust731,871 views
- 40:01 Margin of Certainty: from Veganism to Activism (Let Live Animal Rights Conference NW)by roxyapoxy328 views
- 22:24 The Story of FOOD NOT BOMBS, Part Oneby occupyelpasotexas1,180 views
- 10:03 Keith McHenry of Food Not Bombs at DNC Protestby Christina Lugo1,221 views
- 9:47 Food Not Bombs- Keith McHenry- Raw Spirit East Interview by Nathan Batalionby Nathan Batalion335 views
- 27:05 Interview - Bruce Friedrich - The Animal Activist's Handbookby talkingsticktv1,449 views
- 8:50 Volunteers from Food Not Bombs speak on Veganismby Julian Anderson311 views
- 6:56 Paul Watson Inspiring speech TED-part 1by sorryimsogreat29,864 views
- 24:20 Food not bombs - Solidarita v praxiby anticopyright11,836 views
- 5:22 ARQUITECTURA SUSTENTABLE | La Casa Alemanaby tgmdigital90,506 views
- 3:59 Food Not Bombsby newperscription732 views
- 10:09 vegan lecture part 2 of 4by sludgedozer503 views
- 5:48 Portland Food Not Bombsby Fallon Roderick1,361 views
- 3:42 Mary Anne - EMCEE WOMENS EMPOWERMENT CONFERENCEby Mary Anne Dorward737 views
- 1:02:31 World Prout Assembly Food Not Bombs Pt 1.by David Swanson198 views
- Loading more suggestions...