Dream. Learn. Work. Repeat.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 13, 2011
Here is a little inspirational video we put together here at Rocketspots.tv (http://www.RocketSpots.tv ) to celebrate Christopher Allan Smith's winning of an Emmy award in 2011.
He was lucky enough to do it with his friend, cousin and longtime collaborator Ryan Neisz. Ryan is the owner of a southern California video company, Clear Creative Media (http://www.c2mnow.com ).
The upshot: You can dream of great things, and that's all well and good, but working long and hard to achieve your goals is what success demands.
Background: Last year, we did an educational video for Castro Valley High School to keep high schoolers from drinking and driving. It's part of a national program called Every 15 Minutes ( Every15Minutes.com ) and part of the program is to produce a video for each high school. It's since become the most-viewed Every 15 Minutes video of all time.
You can see it here, and we're very proud of it: http://www.vimeo.com/11222689
Earlier this year, we did another one we like very much for San Leandro High School. That's uploaded here: youtube.com/watch?v=aa92QyfauvY
A great description of the basics of the Every 15 Minutes program we found on another YouTube upload:
Every 15 Minutes is a program designed to educate high school students on the effects and consequences of drinking and driving. EFM in California is usually by way of a Grant from the California Highway Patrol Office of Traffic Safety. EFM is typically a two day event for the students and is usually conducted every other year.
Contact us, and we can put our Emmy Award and Telly Award winning skills to work for you.
Our Main Site:
Day one is when the staged car crash takes place. All of the Juniors and Seniors are released at the sound of a distressed 911 call and gather to watch the events unfold live as they actually happen. Police cars and motorcycles, fire trucks, ambulances, helicopters, news vans and even the County Coroner is usually on hand. This is a large, community involved event. Meanwhile, throughout the day (Every 15 Minutes to be precise), a student is pulled from their class by a grim reaper and a Police Chaplin will read an obituary to the class informing them of their classmate's death. All of the students who are pulled from class become the "living dead" and are on hand at the car crash site, either standing off to the side quietly with white painted faces or sometimes roaming around as the crash unfolds. Day one usually ends with a retreat of sorts, where students are cut off from the world, mobile phones and all, and they usually spend the night at a church or gymnasium, where they listen to speakers and reflect on what has happened. This is to add to the realism as to the student "really being gone".
Day two is an assembly. Students are lead in to the gymnasium or theater where they are met by what looks to be a mock court room, and usually caskets are representing a funeral service of sorts. The drunk driver is brought in and stands trial, and the judge will introduce the "evidence" and that is when the video is played. The living dead are brought in as well as the students involved directly in the crash scene directly proceeding the video and the assembly concludes usually with a couple of public speakers from the community sharing their personal experience on drinking and driving and how it has affected their life. The assembly concludes the year's Every 15 Minutes production.
Some words which might help you search for this video again are:
Rocket Spots, RocketSpots.tv, Emmy-winning, Chico video production, California, Chico, Christopher Allan Smith, editing, tv commercial, 30-Second Spot, Web video, webisode, online series, live broadcast, HD video, editing services, directing services, Video Services, High Definition, High-Definition, Television Spot, Chico Videographer, Videography, Ryan Neisz, Clear Creative Media, C2MNow.com, Emmy Awards, Oscars, National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Award Winning, Emmy Nomination, Emmy Nominee, Emmy Winner, Every 15 Minutes, Sober Graduation, drinking and driving, alcohol related crash, drunk driving video, teenage drinking, MADD, CHP, California Highway Patrol, Red Asphalt, student drinking, anti drinking & driving
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "SO WAS RED" on
- 36:11 Every 15 Minutes: San Leandro High School 2011-Emmy Winnerby RocketSpots94,232 views
- 2:33:55 California Dreams All Songsby nicktnbc2k20,184 views
- 29:47 Every 15 Minutes: Castro Valley High School 2010 (Full Video) (HD) Emmy Winning Videoby RocketSpots115,345 views
- 48:08 Fairhaven Bible Chapel's Summer Picnic 1987by youshine481 views
- 2:28 Promo Video: Omnitrac 2 Wireless Laser Tracker from Automated Precision Inc.by RocketSpots73 views
- 4:29 Doug Stanhope The Aristocrats Jokeby christiandv8348,831 views
- 1:04 Things Destroyed Slowly: Jumbo Firecraker Exploding at 5000 Frames Per Secondby RocketSpots112 views
- 3:59 MicroRidge Sizzle - Release Cut 1by RocketSpots1 view
- 1:56 The Power of Hope in the Midst of Difficultiesby immunotecbusiness6,225 views
- 13:55 How TV Ruined Aspirationby biosystemics222,971 views
- 4:22 How to lucid dream?!?. Easy steps To lucid dream. A digital programby Web-services24,458 views
- 12:33 California Dreams Reunionby JayAnthonyFranke106,717 views
- 2:17 Top 10 Places You Aren't Allowed To Visitby Alltime10s8,420,103 views
- 8:25 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ivory Coast (World Cup 2010) HD 720p by Hristowby Hris7owComps1157,053 views
- 4:33 "Work is Work" - Motivational Short Filmby Will Harris11,334 views
- 4:37 U2 - One (Cover)by Fawaz Al-Abboud56,277 views
- 1:37 Death Jump - Franz Reichelt jumps off the Eiffel Tower [HD]by britishpathe1,003,046 views
- 2:35 The Great Dictator- Globe Sceneby f1buttonfan1,755,070 views
- 1:47 How to Make a Dissolving Bikini as a Prankby Howcast7,142,794 views
- 8:22 Al Green - Lay It Downby BNLGUSA222,771 views
- Loading more suggestions...