Denise Helms fired after calling Obama N word talking Assassination
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 10, 2012
Denise Helms, California Woman, Fired After Calling Obama N-Word, Hoping He's Assassinated (VIDEO) A Turlock woman who posted inflammatory comments on Facebook about President Barack Obama has been fired from her job and reported to the U.S. Secret Service. Turlock resident Denise Helms, 22, posted shortly after the president's re-election Tuesday on her Facebook page, "And another 4 years of the (n-----). Maybe he will get assassinated this term..!!"
The post quickly made the rounds on social media, prompting Sacramento TV station Fox 40 to interview her about her comments Wednesday night.
She told the Fox 40 reporter: "I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. ... The assassination part is kind of harsh. I'm not saying like I would go do that or anything like that, by any means, but if it was to happen, I don't think I'd care one bit."
Helms has since deleted the post and posted again about the incident. It reads: "So apparently my post last night about Obama got onto Twitter and Fox 40 came and interviewed me cause apparently a lot of people in Sacramento think I'm crazy and racist. WOW is all I got to say!! I'm not racist and I'm not crazy. just simply stating my opinion.!!!"
But the incident and surrounding outrage caused her to lose her job at Cold Stone Creamery, where she had worked for less than a year. Turlock Cold Stone Creamery store director Chris Kegle said he was shocked to read her racist slur and see her accompanying interview.
"We found her comments to be very disgusting, and they do not reflect our opinions here," Kegle said. "We never saw anything from her at work like those comments."
When he arrived Thursday at the store on Monte Vista Avenue, he said, there were more than 20 angry voice mails about Helms.
"We made the decision because of her comments, but also the community feedback," he said. "We are very into working with the community and doing community service. So when your community does not like you because of an employee, that's bad. We have a business to run."
Helms also caught the attention of the Secret Service. Agent Scott Gillingham from the Sacramento office said he was not familiar with Helms' case specifically, but he would check out her posting and the Fox 40 report. He said threats against the president are a felony under U.S. Code Section 871.
It reads: "Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."
Gillingham said his office would be assigned to review any report from Turlock, but he would not comment further on any possible investigation into her posting.
"We get a lot of these kinds of referrals, especially off of the Internet," he said.
Helms graduated from Placer High School in 2008, according to her Facebook page, and has the Romney/Ryan 2012 page among her "likes." She is not listed as a registered voter in the state registry database.
Helms could not be reached for comment by The Bee. She told Fox 40 she wasn't aware she could be investigated by the Secret Service for her post.
"OK, but what did I do wrong? That's fine if they want to," she told the reporter. "But I don't understand what I did wrong."
Standard YouTube License
- 1:55 GUN SALES AFTER OBAMA WIN GO UP LIKE CRAZY!by SavageNationLiberty 534 views
- 1:49 Woman Purchaes Fake iPad at Gas Station in Texasby SavageNationLiberty 478 views
- 1:12 LASD Shoot and Kill Bank Robbery Suspect! Video! - 11/9/12by Michael Savage Videos, News, and Fun Videos! 707 views
- 2:39 22-Year-Old Woman Says Obama N-Word, Hopes He's Assassinatedby David Pakman Show 16,713 views
- 2:40 Denise Helms fired for Obama racial slur on Facebookby Relationship Talk! 1,411 views
- 11:23 Judge Goes Nuclear On Obama: Why Do You Apologize To Muslims And Lie To Americansby BirtherReport.com 43,721 views
- 2:03 81 Year Old Woman Suffers Brutal Random Attack!by Michael Savage Videos, News, and Fun Videos! 156 views
- 11:47 Judge Jeanine "Fact Blasts" Hillary & Obama Administration on Benghazi Attack - 5-11-13by RightSightings 172,049 views
- 2:26 Facebook Obama Slur (N-Word) Assassination Threat Denise Helms Investigated By Secret Serviceby Gary Nelson 4,057 views
- 2:23 Denise Helms, California Woman, Fired After Calling Obama N-Word, Hoping He's Assassinatedby Kev Ben 2,767 views
- 8:01 Denise Helms - Dumb Denise that is!!!by Damit Mann 630 views
- 1:15 Denise Helms Calls Obama N Word On Facebook, Secret Service Investigatesby 1OneMinuteNews 5,107 views
- 3:06 Denise Helms, California Woman, Fired After Calling Obama N-Word, Hoping He's Assassinated (VIDEO)by tjwalker 3,974 views
- 3:02 MITT ROMNEY VS BARACK OBAMA an EPIC RAP BATTLE OF HISTORYby GeneralMusicsVideos 11,543 views
- 5:14 RE: Girl Calls Obama the "N" Word On Facebook (Denise Helms)by Oxed Out Media 1,376 views
- 1:38 Denise Helms 'Maybe Obama will get assassinated' and calls him a Niggerby LLEWNROB 563 views
- 5:05 Denise Helms, California Woman, Fired After Calling Obama a N*gger, Hoping He's Assassinated!by Alyth the Great 1,412 views
- 1:20 Mitt Romney Epic Fail at Presidential Debate on Benghazi Libya Rose Garden 10/17/2012by MerkinMuffly's channel 5,420 views
- 5:09 Mitt Romney, Part 2 - The Tonight Show with Jay Lenoby The Tonight Show with Jay Leno 17,583 views
- 1:39 Girl Gets Fired After Posting her 'Assassination' and 'N-Word' rant On Facebook!by Big Brian (Big Daddy) VLOG 991 views
- Loading more suggestions...