This video is unavailable.
Deadly Drone Strikes - Amorphous, Free-Reigning Policy
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 26, 2012
" Facing the possibility that President Obama might not win a second term, his administration accelerated work in the weeks before the election to develop explicit rules for the targeted killing of terrorists by unmanned drones, so that a new president would inherit clear standards and procedures, according to two administration officials.
The matter may have lost some urgency after Nov. 6. But with more than 300 drone strikes and some 2,500 people killed by the Central Intelligence Agency and the military since Mr. Obama first took office, the administration is still pushing to make the rules formal and resolve internal uncertainty and disagreement about exactly when lethal action is justified.
Mr. Obama and his advisers are still debating whether remote-control killing should be a measure of last resort against imminent threats to the United States, or a more flexible tool, available to help allied governments attack their enemies or to prevent militants from controlling territory."*
As it stands now, the Obama administration is without a solid codified system on using drone strikes, which are responsible for killing a disproportionately high number of "unknowns" and innocents. Cenk Uygur discusses the issue at length, explaining why solid, structured policy on drones is extremely necessary, but is only being reached as a "leisurely" pace.
*Read more from Scott Shane/ New York Times:
Support The Young Turks by Subscribing http://bit.ly/TYTonYouTube
Support The Young Turks by Shopping http://bit.ly/XhuNqO
Like Us on Facebook: http://www.fb.com/tytnation
Follow Us on Twitter: http://bit.ly/OkX87X
Buy TYT Merch: http://theyoungturks.spreadshirt.com/
Find out how to watch The Young Turks on Current by clicking here: http://www.current.com/gettyt
Standard YouTube License
Next in The Young Turks Show YouTube Playlist November 26, 2012
- 4:16 TIẾT MỤC BỊ " NÉM GIẦY" VÀO MẶT - VIET NAM GOT TALENT 2011by bedakingz90Featured 132,160
- 2:55 Fox News Anchors Stunned - Punked By Guest?by TheYoungTurks 172,516 views
- 6:08 Deadly Drone Strikes - Obama is 'Serious'by TheYoungTurks 47,729 views
- 13:07 Wealthy CEOs Want Tax Breaks, Cuts to Poor and Elderlyby TheYoungTurks 43,066 views
- 7:55 Love Obama? This Will Piss You Off (But You Need To Hear It)by TheYoungTurks 278,093 views
- 26:30 Attack of the Drones - USAby Journeyman Pictures 1,061,666 views
- 10:40 Predator Dronesby kzoMedia 556,750 views
- 7:07 Jon Stewart - How Obama is *Not* Like Hitler! (Comedy Central/Nazi)by SoNSanDiego 50,295 views
- 35:53 The future of drone technologyby AlJazeeraEnglish 164,064 views
- 43:55 Oliver Stone - Full Interview On The Young Turksby TYTInterviews 37,169 views
- 10:13 Jon Stewart Rips Chris Wallace, Fox Newsby Lord Rothschild 202,524 views
- 0:27 US Predator Drone Targets Insurgent Vehicle w_ Hellfire - (FLIR).flvby coonlakeproductions 22,637 views
- 1:12 Secret Insect Spy Dronesby EpicToolTime 410,787 views
- 2:17 Morgan Freeman's Marriage Equality Adby TheYoungTurks 51,842 views
- 4:49 Cenk Uygur Joins The TYT Movember Crewby tytunderground 9,479 views
- 2:14 Author Slams Fox News on Fox Newsby TheYoungTurks 80,578 views
- 37:22 'Game of Thrones' Season 3 FINALE - "Mhysa" Discussion and Reviewby What The Flick?! 101,483 views
- 11:43 5 Reasons Justin Bieber Still Sucksby TheAmazingAtheist 256,893 views
- 6:36 Gangnam Style - O'Reilly's Racist, Confused Analysisby TheYoungTurks 814,539 views
- 4:55 Walmart Black Friday- Why Workers Are Strikingby TheYoungTurks 66,063 views
- Loading more suggestions...