Question of Women's Reproductive Rights Ridiculous for Election? Gov Scott Walker Says "Yes"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 31, 2012
Democracy Now! host Amy Goodman interviews Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker. Watch extended interview: http://www.democracynow.org/2012/8/30...
AMY GOODMAN: On choice, on abortion, with Paul Ryan being the vice-presidential candidate, do you share his views?
GOV. SCOTT WALKER: That's a ridiculous question, because nobody I talk to in Wisconsin or anywhere else across the country talks about that. What they want to talk about is what candidate is going to turn things around to get the economy going again, what candidate is going to fix the budget mess. Barack Obama has failed abysmally. And everybody in the media—
AMY GOODMAN: You're saying women's reproductive rights is a ridiculous question?
GOV. SCOTT WALKER: It is, because you—the women I talk to in my state never talk about that issue. They overwhelmingly talk to me about the fears they have about their children and the ideas that their children someday might not have a job or an opportunity. That's not an issue to—the issue that the media obsesses with, it's not an issue that voters talk about.
AMY GOODMAN: But it's an important issue for you. You have expressed your views very strongly against abortion.
GOV. SCOTT WALKER: It is an issue that the media wants to talk about, because they want to give Barack Obama a pass from the abysmal failure—42 consecutive months of unemployment above 8 percent, 12 million Americans unemployed. We should be talking about that, because that's what's at stake in this election.
AMY GOODMAN: That was Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker on the floor of the Republican convention.
Democracy Now! also reports on a protest held near the RNC, where hundreds of people voice a different view, as Planned Parenthood supporters rally for reproductive rights. We hear from Randy Moody, national co-chair of Republicans for Planned Parenthood, and Louisiana resident Patricia Gil of UniteWomen.org. Watch: http://www.democracynow.org/2012/8/30...
To watch the complete coverage of the Republican National Convention on this weekday independent news hour, read the transcript, download the podcast, search our vast archive, or to find more information about Democracy Now! and Amy Goodman, visit http://www.democracynow.org/topics/rn...
FOLLOW DEMOCRACY NOW! ONLINE:
Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/democracynow
Listen on SoundCloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/democracy-now
Daily Email News Digest: http://www.democracynow.org/subscribe
Please consider supporting independent media by making a donation to Democracy Now! today, visit http://www.democracynow.org/donate/YT
Standard YouTube License
- 7:03 Obama's 'Loser Mentality' On Scott Walker And The Wisconsin Recallby The Young Turks Featured 38,713
- 21:40 Matt Taibbi: The Secret to Mitt Romney's Fortune? Greed, Debt and Forcing Others to Pay Billby democracynow13,021 views
- 14:55 Top GOP Strategist Karl Rove Loses Cool Under Questioning By "Boss Rove" Author Craig Ungerby democracynow27,761 views
- 5:03 Near Where a CNN Camerawoman Was Harassed, Alabama Delegate Discusses Black Support of GOPby democracynow1,901 views
- 5:47 Key Florida "Stand Your Ground" Backer Bill Bunting Questioned on Killing of Trayvon Martinby democracynow812 views
- 13:10 Matt Taibbi Calls Obama A "Dirty Politician"by MOXNEWSd0tC0M17,102 views
- 14:59 Pokerstars The Big Game Episode 21 pt02by pokereastgate6,659 views
- 10:08 Wallace Shawn on "The Quest for Superiority" Democracy Now 9/1/09by mediagrrl910,658 views
- 32:53 Scott Walker, the Governor of Wisconsin, is interviewed on Uncommon Knowledgeby HooverInstitution5,779 views
- 12:22 Republicans Say The Darndest Things #2 (Greatest Modern Hits 2)by incitebytes286,723 views
- 15:14 Jesse Ventura on Mitt Romney & Ron Paulby David Pakman Show237,544 views
- 9:18 Guía Pedagógica Amor Propio Derechos Sexuales y Reproductivos para Adolescentes y Jóvenesby PsicoAprendizajes8,992 views
- 6:41 Scott Walker Dismantles MSNBC's Baseless Attacks on Paul Ryan's GM Plant Closing Storyby Kyle Becker4,313 views
- 6:08 Amy Goodman talks about arrest (FSTV)by calipendence60,391 views
- 10:44 Hazy, Crazy Lies in Paul Ryan's RNC Speechby politicalarticles1,205 views
- 0:43 Rachel Maddow Left Speechless Over Clint Eastwood's Speech at RNCby HipsterBlood28,735 views
- 5:55 The Newsroom - Rinos, Real Republicans, The Tea Party, The Founding Fathers on religion and moreby Scientartist142,648 views
- 3:42 A sad night for MSNBC: Video montage of Wisconsin recall race coverageby Charlie Spiering131,167 views
- 9:57 Women Take Center Stage at RNC - Michelle Malkin - Fox & Friends Weekend - 9-1-12by RightSightings20,713 views
- 4:06 Krauthammer: Dems Will Regret Allowing Obama's 'Lawlessness' When GOP Returns to Powerby Top10NewsToday1,264 views
- Loading more suggestions...