WOLFGANG RIECHMANN - WUNDERBAR
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 31, 2009
Wolfgang Riechmann / Wunderbar 1978 Germany
Wolfgang Riechmann (* 19. Mai 1947 in Düsseldorf; † 24. August 1978 in Düsseldorf) war ein deutscher Elektronik-Musiker. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang...
Wolfgang Riechmann biography:
Wolfgang Riechmann's short career 'officially' began in 1969, when he met Michael Rother (NEU!, Harmonia, Kraftwerk) and Wolfgang Flür (Kraftwerk, Yamo) to form the Dusseldorf band, THE SPIRITS OF SOUND. Phönix was another band he played with, before joining another Dusseldorf group, STREETMARK, recording ''Eileen'' in 1977, the band's second album. Sky Records re-released "Eileen" in 1979 with the new title "Wolfgang Riechmann and Streetmark" with one bonus track. Later on the record was renamed "Dreams".
From November 1977 onwards, he started working on a solo career and Wunderbar, his first (and only) solo LP, took up all of his time and attention. In this LP, which was released from Sky Records in 1978, the influences of the so-called Berlin school (Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze etc.) and the so-called Düsseldorf School (NEU!, Kraftwerk, La Düsseldorf) can be recognised. The main elements of his compositions are simple sequencer and drum patterns, filtered through Riechmann's personal harmonies and simple (even simplistic) but mature melodies. The music in Wunderbar has been described as ''modern, electronic pop, in a league with Kraftwerk and NEU!''.
Sadly, Riechmann did not live to see his LP released, as three weeks before the release date he was the random victim of a knife attack, stabbed when a drunken man in Düsseldorf's Altstadt ''burst'' after a dispute with the landlord of his local pub. http://www.progarchives.com/artist.as...
Allmusic album review (Wunderbar):
The tragic end of Wolfgang Riechmann's life before his solo debut was released inevitably colors how to listen to Wunderbar, but taken on its own merits, the album is an enjoyable if not necessarily classic effort in experimental '70s German music, a blending of rock and synth instrumentation at once playful and slightly spooky. The opening lope of the title track sets the tone, sounding like it should soundtrack some odd sci-fi series of the time, with a lead melody alternately played on flanged guitar and serene keyboards as a steady beat chugs. From there, the musician explores a variety of familiar-from-the-time styles as he goes -- rhythmic synthesizer pulse and drones on "Weltweit," stately keyboard melodic ambience on "Abendlicht," and the strong march of "Himmelblau," one of two songs featuring Riechmann's wordless chanting. Perhaps the strongest song is "Silberland," at once a chilly, alien-sounding arrangement and a stirring melody suggestive of a lost national anthem. It's odd to think, though, that in the end Riechmann might best be remembered for Wunderbar's striking cover photo, with the musician covered in blue and white makeup that Gary Numan would later completely reuse for his Berserker album.
(Ned Raggett) http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=...
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - WOLFGANG RIECHMANN - WUNDERBAR
- 2:21:01 SCHILLER - Sonne Live (HD 720p)by klararyc Ryc Featured 369,472
- 10:00 Streetmark - Welcome (inclusiv Intro)by dinostrunk45,363 views
- 8:49 Wolfgang Riechmann "Himmelblau"by elephanta2222,980 views
- 7:48 Wolfgang Riechmann - Silberland (1978)by panorama80radio19,513 views
- 7:08 MICHAEL ROTHER - FLAMMENDE HERZENby picturemusic75107,133 views
- 8 videos Play all Riechmannby ajasonsmith
- 52:53 Michael Rother - 1978 Sterntalerby Sir Draco Eddie1,992 views
- 35:14 Kraftwerk - Computer World HQ Audio (Complete Album)by TheSoundOfPlanet167,974 views
- 39:48 Michael Rother - 1979 Katzenmusikby Sir Draco Eddie2,595 views
- 4:33 WOLFGANG RIECHMANN - ABENDLICHTby picturemusic7512,381 views
- 52:04 Michael Rother - 1982 Fernwärmeby Sir Draco Eddie896 views
- 5:45 Wolfgang Riechmann - Wunderbarby Easywind2,832 views
- 8:53 Kraftwerk - Autobahnby kkkkkklf3,695,717 views
- 5:57 Michael Rother - Sonnenradby archibaldodelacruz130,816 views
- 2:01:27 Kraftwerk Minimum Maximum (Full)by Sid p.136,063 views
- 33:34 Kraftwerk - Live - LATITUDE FESTIVAL 20 July 2013 - SOUTHWOLD (UK) (Radio 6 - Red button)by jerometv116,585 views
- 5:33 Kraftwerk - Ruck Zuck 1970by @Fawn-Inc83,707 views
- 36:31 Kraftwerk - The Man-Machine (Full Album)by musicisprettyneat796,120 views
- 5:44 Riechmann - Wunderbarby einsfernseh7,671 views
- 8:24 kraftwerk - Autobahn midnight special (us tv 1975)by Ras Putin160,366 views