Power Of Social Media
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 30, 2011
Social media marketing is a addition to personal, small business, corporate, and non-profit organizations' integrated marketing communications plans. Integrated marketing communications is a multifaceted, orchestrated marketing and advertising practice organizations follow to connect with their target markets. Integrated marketing communications coordinates promotional elements: advertising, personal selling, public relations, publicity, direct marketing and sales promotion. Increasingly, viral marketing campaigns are also grouped into integrated marketing communications. In the traditional marketing communications model, the content, frequency, timing, and medium of communications by the organization is in collaboration with an external agent, i.e. advertising agencies, marketing research firms and public relations firms. However, the growth of social media has impacted the way organizations communicate. With the emergence of Web 2.0, the internet provides a set of tools that allow people to build social and business connections, share information and collaborate on projects online.
Social media marketing programs usually center on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it with their social networks. A corporate message spreads from user to user and presumably resonates because it is coming from a trusted, third-party source, as opposed to the brand or company itself.
Social media has become a platform that is easily accessible to anyone with internet access. Increased communication for organizations fosters brand awareness and often, improved customer service. Additionally, social media serves as a relatively inexpensive platform for organizations to implement marketing campaigns. With emergence of channels like Twitter, the barrier to entry in social media is greatly reduced.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:45 The World of Social Media 2011by FactSpyFeatured 95,859
- 49:46 Social Media & Engagement Explained by UnMarketingby Scott Stratten 12,494 views
- 51:56 19 ways non-profits can use social media to connect with donorsby Thankful Home 13,306 views
- 5:16 Shocking Facts You Did Not Know A Minute Agoby TakashiNippon's channel 2,881,381 views
- 4:56 Technology - changesby Redon Skikuli 138,670 views
- 4:23 EMC Social Media Caveman EXTERNAL 5-4by EMCCorp 17,373 views
- 1:49 Social Media Revolutionby OnlineMediathek 90,788 views
- 5:14 The Future of communicationby Eduardo Giansante 1,021,691 views
- 20 videos Play all Social Mediaby westcoastdave1
- 28:58 The Future of Social Media - Mashable Media Summitby Mashable 48,721 views
- 4:09 Social media facts 2011by DeOnlineStrateeg 10,164 views
- 4:10 Social Media in Education - Teaching Digital Natives in 2011by hollyclarksd 24,789 views
- 3:56 The Power of Social Media in Businessby ISDVirtualAssistant 3,906 views
- 3:22 The World Without Facebookby obizmedia's channel 202,272 views
- 4:20 Social Media Policyby VictoriaGovDOJTV 94,705 views
- 44:10 5/21/2013 -- Crowdfunding Help Needed! Jim Lee's New Social Media Tech Projectby ✈ + ☁ + ☢ ☂dutchsinse☂ 2,137 views
- 2:23 The World of Social Media in 2011 - All The Statistics, Facts and Figuresby Omobono 161,567 views
- 17:05 Minecraft: Epic Jump Map Valentines Part 1!by Sky Does Minecraft 2,426,913 views
- 5:27 Social-Media-marketing-revolution-2012.wmvby Crazy Kids's channel 14,316 views
- 4:48 TEDxYouth@ISASKinkaid - Noa Gutow_Ellis - The Power of Social Mediaby TEDxYouth 1,459 views
- 3:52 Social Media for Businessby Online Marketing & Consulting 5,435 views
- Loading more suggestions...