Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 31, 2012
GET A GRIP!
More info @ http://www.kentucky-horseshop.com/en/...
Whether you have an equine emergency or wish to protect your horses' legs this summer, the Kentucky Tendon Grip is an essential piece of kit for the meticulous horse owner.
In this feature, Thomas Tuytens, MD and owner of Kentucky Horsewear, the technical horse boot brand talks about why this clever tube of elastic is rapidly becoming one of the brand's biggest sellers....
As a keen event rider, I have had my fair share of leg injuries and whilst our protective horse boot collection protects against knocks and blows to the leg, I found it was often other medical problems that often saw my horses out of action: Problems such as swellings/ rubs/ sores/ fly bites etc, which were equally as frustrating and I felt preventable or at the very least could be managed in a more positive way, than fussy bandaging and time spent cold hosing.
Through my own experience and research, working closely with veterinary professionals and top riders across all disciplines, the Kentucky Tendon Grip was created. This clever tubular piece of elasticated fabric can be cut down to fit any horses' leg and can help horse owners in a number of ways:
Swollen legs can be caused by fly bites, strains, cuts and scratches, mud fever and can appear even after clipping. For minor incidents, the result is generally time off and medical attention, however with the Tendon Grip you can positively help prevent these problems by protecting the legs, whilst the horse is being worked, by using it underneath your horses' protective boots as a 'second skin'. Worn under your horse's protective boots also serves to support tendons and ligaments during athletic work and fast exercise.
If your horses does sustain an injury that requires icing, this product also comes into its own, allowing you to insert ice-packs directly onto the area of the leg that is required, without risk of ice-burn or having to mess around with ice-boots, which can be both expensive and slip down as they defrost. Medical research shows that if you apply ice to an injury within 48 hours, ice can help reduce swelling and leaking blood vessels, thus helping to reduce inflammation and help reduce the level of soft tissue injury and therefore recovery time. These infrared images show a horse's stifle, tendon and pastern after exercise and you can see from the brightly coloured Red areas, how these parts really do become warm. Icing after exercise helps reduce this heating and with the Tendon Grip, you can apply ice to any part of the leg including difficult areas such as knees and hocks. Top international eventer Karin Donckers ices her horses before cross-country using our Tendon Grip, then simply removes the ice-packs and pops our Kentucky protective boots over the top -- ready to compete and afterwards, again a simple and quick solution to getting cold therapy quickly and effectively to those areas requiring attention.
The grip has also proved to be particularly helpful when applying poultices to the foot and for show horses, they are effective in helping to keep white socks clean before competitions.
Riders using the Tendon Grip
Lars Nieberg, Eiken Sato, Bettina Hoy, Karin Donckers, Julia Krajewski, Raf Kooremans, Francis Whittington, Kenki Sato, Marlies van Baalen
The Kentucky Tendon Grip -- An effective and inexpensive solution to everyday horse care.
For further information on Kentucky Horsewear:
Standard YouTube License
- 1:28 How to fit a tendon boot to a horseby Horsemart.co.ukFeatured 1,763
- 46:56 Take a look inside a horse and why you should wear horse boots to protect your horses!by Kentucky Horsewear 87,200 views
- 0:25 Horse Johnny leg injury captured on cameraby artxploiter 32,415 views
- 7:22 See it Through My Eyesby Parelli4life's channel 241,843 views
- 3:21 Bandaging explained - Edward Creamer shows H&C the differences between bandagesby HandCvideo 3,433 views
- 2:43 Bettina Hoy - Ringwood Cockatoo Athens 2004by ▅ ▆ █ ALBYKINS █ ▆ ▅ 606 views
- 3:21 Safely Wrap Your Horse's Legs with Max Corcoranby equisearch 12,868 views
- 3:11 Horse Treatment: Ice-O-Gel Tendon & Ligment Ailments for Equineby Cazbah Video Marketplace 3,721 views
- 4:01 KT Tape: Achilles Tendonitisby KT TV 98,245 views
- 4:04 Equine Distal Forelimb; Tendons and Ligamentsby alancelet 66,455 views
- 3:34 How To Wrap a Horse's Legby KyEquine 7,159 views
- 4:02 How to Alleviate Joint, Muscle and Connective Tissue Pain in a Horse's Leg Using Essential Oilsby Monty Moran 1,701 views
- 0:53 Armadillo Aero Tendon Cadence - Kentucky Horsewearby Kentucky Horsewear 811 views
- 7:18 SHT 2012 - Kenki Sato - Toy Boy - Dressage + Interviewby Strzegom Horse Trials 545 views
- 2:13 Buddhistischer Mönch im Sattel bei Olympiaby SID Sport-Informations-Dienst 5,449 views
- 2:27 How to dress a leg wound in a horseby John Goulding 4,223 views
- 0:55 Horse and cat funnyby rhofford's channel 16,167 views
- 8:13 Ostéopathie équine - Equine Osteopathyby animalosteo 15,203 views
- 7:54 Biceps Tendon Pathology - Everything You Need To Know - Dr. Nabil Ebraheimby nabil ebraheim 12,613 views
- 13:07 Bettina Hoy explains about the Solimbra D3O eventing bootsby Kentucky Horsewear 546 views
- Loading more suggestions...