Published on Mar 15, 2012
**About the videos:
Each video of mine was recorded in one weeks' time in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area. All of the situations in this video were seen in my daily drives to school, the mall, my house, etc. I DO NOT go out of my way to record bad drivers (a common misconception that several users have thought). I drive less than 20 miles per day, bad drivers just appear to be attracted to me. Which brings me to another point - not everyone in this video is a bad driver. There are unavoidable situations like merging where conflicts do happen by accident. Most of the things in here are illegal, however some may not be - some are interesting things I see.
Camera: 2nd Generation Flip UltraHD 8gb.
Mount: Sits on my owner's manual and is held in place with the suction cup of a NERF bulllet (see my video 'My Dashcam Mount' for more info)
Cars: My daily driver (and the one most frequently seen) is my white 1998 Mercury Mountaineer - however my parents' gold 2000 Saturn and red 2007 Hyundai Sonata are seen sometimes in my videos.
Several people have brought up the point of my honking. I do honk a lot, I am not going to lie about that. HOWEVER, every situation where I honk is well within Oregon law. I recently looked this up. It states that in situations where you are in danger, a loud sharp blast of the horn is reasonable. It also says in situations where the danger is not quite so immediate, a small beep is allowed. If you feel you are in danger, do not be afraid to honk. Basically meaning if someone is doing something illegal in front of me, I have every right to beep at them for it. I must admit this newfound knowledge is quite satisfying.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them in a comment or personal message. I will try to reply within one or two days.
Clips in order:
1. Black Toyota Tundra badly runs a red light, and gets pulled over by a Beaverton police officer.
2. Blue VW Beetle runs a red light in front of me. I almost hit her when she cut the corner.
3. Red Dodge pickup cuts me off from a left turn only lane.
4. Green Ford Ranger doesn't notice moving traffic.
5. White Honda Accord approaches a roundabout too fast, and has to stomp on the brakes to yield to me.
6. Silver BMW 3 series starts pulling into my lane and a red PT Cruiser does, forcing me to avoid both of them.
7. Semi truck honks to say hello.
8. I arrive first at a stop sign and a car pulls beside me and honks because I'm blocking their view.
9. White BMW runs a red light.
10. Blue Dodge Charger changes lanes very close to me.
11. Red pickup changes two lanes at once, close to another car.
12. Same red pickup tailgates another car who is passing traffic in the left lane.
13. Blue Chevy Aveo cuts me off as they go straight from a left turn only lane.
14. Silver Ford F150 runs a red light. Turning right on red at that intersection is not allowed.
15. Merging situation. Car honks at me when I merge in after they try to block me for no reason.
16. Pickup tailgates and swerves into the center lane for a car to turn.
17. White Chevy Silverado stops for a nonexistant stop sign when no cars are coming.
18. Red SUV pulls out from a stopped lane in front of another car.
19. Me and cars in front and behind line up in the center lane approaching a left turn. Grey Toyota Camry cuts me off in a last second decision.
20. Jeep cuts off a car who honks.
21. Grey Hyundai Elantra goes two lanes at once.
22. Brown Dodge Cavailer goes left from a straight only lane.
23. White Toyota Matrix pulls all the way out of a driveway before they see me.
24. Brown minivan runs a red light.
25. Black Lexus LS450 not paying attention to the green light.
26. Silver Mazda minivan runs a red light and turn extremely slow.
27. Blue car tailgates multiple drivers.
28. Grey Subaru goes straight with their right turn signal on.
29. White box truck runs a red light.
30. Hyundai SUV goes left from a straight only lane.
31. Car gets impatient at a red light, and goes through on red.
32. SUV makes an illegal U turn.
33. SUV turns too close.
34. Air on the train tracks.
35. Red car turns too close. Followed by a white pickup.
36. White pickup queue jumper cuts in at the last second.
37. Red SUV badly cuts the corner.
38. Red Saturn crosses the yellow lines to illegally pass a parker.
39. Red VW Passat fails to yield in a roundabout.
40. Silver Scion TC turns from a 2 way road onto a one way without stopping at the red light.
41. Green Honda sits at a green light.
42. Squirrel jumps in front of me.
43. Black pickup turns right with no turn signal.
44. Car passes another in a turn only lane.
45. Dumb jaywalkers.
46. Car with no headlights.
47. Driver in red Ford Ranger with his phone out.
48. A Camry gets cut off.
Standard YouTube License