Jacob Appelbaum (Part 1/2) Digital Anti-Repression Workshop - April 26 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 27, 2012
Filmed April 26, 2012, 12pm. Q & A workshop with Jacob Appelbaum, computer security researcher, on mobile phone security, cellphone forensics, state repression and surveillance.
1:05 jake appelbaum introduction to the surveillance state.
5:00 metadata, data collection, linkability
10:40 national security letter (nsl)
14:25 2703d metadata notice 18 USC § 2703(d)
16:50 audience poll on cellphones and tracking
17:40 cellphone forensics, cellebrite device
20:30 bill binney nsa, linkability, traffic analysis
25:00 controlling the narrative
25:20 stylometry, anonymouth
28:35 traffic analysis
29:20 question on cellphone tampering
30:30 gov't backdoors, US v. Jones (2012), gps tracking
33:50 question on cellphone malware, defending against passive attacks. threat models beat cop vs. nsa
35:10 nsa electromagnetic tempest attack.
40:10 question on nypd, dhs, fbi, and nsa sigint capabilities
42:00 gnu radio, imsi catcher
44:38 broken window theory, resistance and activism
49:45 question on advocacy, rules, demands. answered with church committee, accountability, ron wyden commission, no secret laws, no warrantless wiretapping, no promotion of insecure systems allowing wiretapping, and story of
51:25 killing the son of anwar al-awlaki, due process vs. judicial process.
56:00 question on basic do's and don'ts, practical tips. rubberhose firesystem, truecrypt, usefulness/practicality of deniability passphrases, transparency.
1:02:20 question of deniability, guilty until proven innocent.
1:04:15 mutually assured information destruction (maid)
1:05:00 getting around crytography, powerline analysis attacks
1:07:10 building alternatives to commercial software and hardware. open software, open hardware, imsi catcher catcher.
1:11:40 calyx privacy-by-design isp.
1:12:55 tor network
1:16:20 tails debian
Part 1/2 highlights the "theoretical" side of things
Part 2/2 emphasizes the practical.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:28:09 Jacob Appelbaum (Part 2/2) Digital Anti-Repression Workshop - April 26 2012by NewYorkRawVideos8,961 views
- 1:59:16 Julian Assange Interviews Cypherpunk Activists (Uncut) 2 of 2 on 'The World Tomorrow'by Zubenelgenubiii1,720 views
- 1:03:35 WhistleBlower Head of FBI tells all from NWOby gkossatzgmxde99,655 views
- 36:41 Jacob Appelbaum Testimony @ LIBE Committee Inquiry on Electronic Mass Surveillance of EU Citizensby LeakSourceTV4,515 views
- 33:24 Whistle BLOWER- Secret Plot to NUKE parts of the USA Exposed!by John Doe73,332 views
- 2:54:27 Chris Hedges "Brace Yourself! The American Empire Is Over & The Descent Is Going To Be Horrifying!"by MOXNEWSd0tC0M689,988 views
- 1:27:34 NSA whistleblower William Binney Keynote at HOPE Number Nineby ConspiracyScope17,040 views
- 69 videos Play all Linux, programming, and operating system talks.by commanderbige
- 1:03:10 Laura Poitras - Surveillance Teach-In - Full Lectureby EducateKnowledge3,578 views
- 18:35 The Tor Project, protecting online anonimity: Jacob Appelbaum at TEDxFlandersby TEDxTalks23,475 views
- 15:54 Targeted Hacker Jacob Appelbaum on CISPA, Surveillance & the "Militarization of Cyberspace"by democracynow11,334 views
- 1:10:00 29c3: Not my department (Jacob 'ioerror' Appelbaum) [Keynote]by kkkwwwaaakkk16,387 views
- 1:17:43 Keynote - Jacob Appelbaumby linuxconfau201218,978 views
- 19:32 Thom Hartmann on "The Crash of 2016: The Plot to Destroy America—and What We Can Do to Stop It"by democracynow6,459 views
- 1:30:53 Fnord-Jahresrückblick 2012 (29c3 - CCC Chaos Communication Congress)by basti00072,925 views
- 23:02 Jacob Appelbaum - You broke the Internet. We're making ourselves a GNU one.by zerwas2ky1,760 views
- 25:39 Jacob Appelbaum on privacy, government surveillance and the current state of democracyby yasssunews12,021 views
- 22:54 More Secrets on State Surveillance: Exclusive Part 2 With NSA Whistleblower, Targeted Hackerby democracynow25,092 views
- 1:30:20 Jeremy Scahill on Democracy Now! - Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield [Both parts in one]by CryingWolf5721,023 views
- 2:05:42 Jacob Appelbaum - Surveillance and Privacyby HasGeek TV7,362 views