Joe Biden to Obama: "This is a Big Fucking deal"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 23, 2010
This morning, President Obama signed the historic and controversial health care bill into law. The ceremony was, of course, well attended and highly searched on. But some of the biggest Web searches were spurred by unscripted and unexplained moments. Here's a quick roundup of what people wanted to know...
Did Biden just say that?
Vice President Biden is, by all accounts, an incredibly accomplished man. But when it comes to saying the right thing at the right time, well, let's just say ol' Uncle Joe can be a wee bit unpredictable. During the signing ceremony, it was reported that Biden actually dropped the f-bomb when speaking quietly to his boss, President Obama.
After Biden introduced Obama, he whispered, "This is a big bleepin' deal" (only he didn't say "bleepin'"). The AP drolly reports that "Biden appeared to be offering that perspective to Obama privately," but the remark was captured by cameras. Still, the White House didn't seem to mind the faux pas. In response to the gaffe, press secretary Robert Gibbs tweeted, "And yes, Mr. Vice President, you're right."
Who shouted, "Yes we did!"?
During the signing ceremony, President Obama thanked his political supporters for staying strong during the battle to overhaul the health care system. The President acknowledged that many had "taken their lumps during this difficult debate." Almost immediately, a voice from the back shouted out, "Yes we did!" -- a take on Obama's campaign slogan, "Yes we can."
The president, as well as many others on stage, immediately broke up laughing, but many more wondered who said it. The New York Times explains that the off-the-cuff joke came courtesy of Rep. Gary Ackerman (NY-D). Following the funny outburst, searches soared on "who yelled yes we did" as well as the congressman's name.
Who was the boy next to Obama?
As President Obama sat down to sign the document, a young boy stood at his side. His name is Marcelas Owens, and he's from Seattle, Washington. Three years ago, Marcelas lost his mother, Tiffany Owens, to pulmonary hypertension. She was just 27. After she became too ill to work, she lost her health insurance.
Marcelas remarked, "I think if she had health care, they could have given her the medicine that she needed and the treatment." Searches on the well-dressed young man soared into breakout status on Tuesday, as did related lookups on "boy next to obama" and "who is the kid with obama."
Why all the pens?
If one pen is mightier than the sword, then President Obama was armed to the hilt on Tuesday. The big cheese had 20 pens at his disposal. As viewers watched the president sign the bill, they couldn't help but notice that he kept switching writing instruments. What the heck for?
According to Reuters, President Obama used the different pens as a way to pay thanks to those allies who helped him push the law through. The various pens will be distributed as souvenirs, mainly to key legislators. Sure beats a keychain.
Standard YouTube License
- 0:38 Big ... deal: Joe Biden drops F-Bomb at bill signingby RussiaTodayFeatured 111,239
- 5:07 REDNECK ROAD RAGE RAMPAGEby FacebookDay 416,892 views
- 19:16 Obama Impersonator at Republican Leadership Conferenceby C-SPAN 637,358 views
- 3:04 CNN: President Obama caught on open micby CNN 1,158,241 views
- 2:19 CNN: Joe Biden's f-bombby CNN 29,494 views
- 0:50 Joe Biden's Funniest Gaffesby TheDailyBeastVideo 11,256 views
- 7:16 Bill Clinton Kicks the Crap out of Fox News Part 1by prezjackie 3,094,489 views
- 11 videos Play all Joe Bidenby bjameshines
- 8:42 UNBELIEVABLE OBAMA GAFFES, Mistakes, Lies, and Confusionby ensignbay 410,553 views
- 1:26 'You know who I am': Obama's presidential seal falls off podium during speechby RT 813,828 views
- 7:26 Funny Moments in the 2008 Electionby MastaAlex7 115,451 views
- 1:11 53 seconds that should end a presidencyby Gary L Bauer 6,124,923 views
- 1:56 Raw Video: Obama and Biden Go on Burger Runby AssociatedPress 174,100 views
- 0:39 President Bush says, "Fuck the world. What about me?"by VibeRay69 117,073 views
- 0:35 Biden Keeps Health Bill Signing Classy: "This Is A Big F***ing Deal"by PoliJAM 35,740 views
- 3:03 "The Best of Joe Biden's Gaffe's; A Continuing Series..."by EnHaleCentral 158,248 views
- 0:44 Rude and Stupid VP Biden Curses as President Obama Signs Historic Health Care Billby ProtectSouthOssetia 36,770 views
- 5:40 Joe Biden's Greatest Gaffesby RiotTurtleShield 170,583 views
- 0:22 Joe Biden dropped a big F-bomb into a live mic - MARCH 23 2010 mccainisthroughby mccainisthrough 9,296 views
- 18:54 C-SPAN: President Obama at the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinnerby CSPAN 9,775,971 views
- 10:00 Obama's funniest bloopers!by econalc 679,321 views
- Loading more suggestions...