This video is unavailable.
Sega Mega-CD Longplay  The Secret of Monkey Island
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 24, 2012
Played By:- /Y\ad/Y\atty
This could be the worst of all the Monkey Island ports. Its a port of the PC VGA CD Version, including the MT-32 Synth rendition of the music as Audio tracks, and the UI from Monkey Island 2
I say worst because it feels rushed like a quick money grab. The audio is constantly inturupted to load conversation or sfx data during a scene which ruins any immersion. The choice of colours is also strange, dark almost like "Half-Brite" mode. (Amiga:Midnight Resistance) The game retains the original 320x200 resolution.
The Swordmaster quest was abit of a grind. The game slowed right down here and made it difficult to navigate conversation reply choices. And lastly, When on the ghostship, you literaly are invisable. You canonly be seen as a few stray pixels move across the screen. Im sure all other versions had a blue shimering effect. Maybe the system just doesnt have enough memory to cache anything, but the game should be faster with two 68000 cpus at work (genesis+megacd). I do feel the game would have benefited from native FM Music rather then pre rendered cd audio, if only to avoid audio disruption. I could say the cd audio was included as best versions of monkey island soundtrack, but I think it was just a quick/lazy way of having music in this version of the game.
If I sound Bias at all reading the above, Ill admit that Im more partial to the awsome Amiga version of the Game and its rendition of the Music ;) There should have been a kick ass CD32 version! (Like Simon the Sorceror)
Interestingly the game data is fully intact and will work in ScummVM in glorious full colour. Its something going on in the SegaCD Executable that is making the screen less vivid.
"The Stump" joke isnt included in this version of the game (or other cd versions). I have tacked onto the end a video of Guybrush having to hold his breath for 10 mins (Shortend for sanity). It appears you cant die in this version as the game auto saves you.
There is no saveGame feature in this version. The game will give you a four digit code which you can right down and use to continue your game later.
Part 1: 00:00:00 - The Three Trials
Part 2: 02:28:27 - The Journey
Part 3: 02:43:35 - Under Monkey Island
Part 4: 03:55:30 - Guybrush Kicks Butt
Bonus Video: 04:09:44 - Guybrush holding his breath for 10 mins (Shortend)
Now, "Turn your Sega off and go to sleep!"
Standard YouTube License
- 31:21 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Lethal Enforcers II - Gun Fightersby cubex55 4,916 views
- 2:28:12 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Wing Commander (part 1 of 2)by cubex55 3,131 views
- 2:29:08 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Dracula Unleashedby cubex55 6,763 views
- 1:00:45 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Bram Stoker's Draculaby cubex55 13,470 views
- 2:58 Jurassic Park: The Game - Dino Deaths [HD]by HowcastGaming 1,401,398 views
- 2:35:16 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Wing Commander (part 2 of 2)by cubex55 1,301 views
- 1:48:06 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Battle Frenzyby cubex55 2,828 views
- 1:14:33 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Final Fight CDby cubex55 24,618 views
- 37:11 Mega Drive Longplay  Super Mario World (Unlicensed)by cubex55 40,569 views
- 3:00:25 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Snatcher (part 1 of 2)by cubex55 19,032 views
- 3:57:41 PC Longplay  The Curse of Monkey Islandby cubex55 125,404 views
- 9:01:48 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Lunar - The Silver Starby cubex55 4,763 views
- 37:47 TFP Batman Returns SNES by Sabihby webnations 2,206 views
- 57:50 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  The Lawnmower Manby cubex55 16,705 views
- 33:42 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Brutal - Paws of Furyby cubex55 4,925 views
- 27:53 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Sol-Feaceby cubex55 5,494 views
- 47:28 Sega Mega CD Longplay  The Terminatorby cubex55 10,110 views
- 1:05:49 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Jurassic Parkby cubex55 13,363 views
- 1:08:54 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Sonic the Hedgehog CDby cubex55 50,848 views
- 54:46 Sega Mega-CD Longplay  Pitfall - The Mayan Adventureby cubex55 6,863 views
- Loading more suggestions...