Moleskine Ginette Caron notebook @ Detour ehibition
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 24, 2007
She was born in Montréal in a family where her grandfather and oncle were graphic designers, her father architect, her aunts painter an theatrical costume designer. Very early she started looking at the world through their eyes. At the age of 7 she was already designing her school newspaper.
She graduated in Graphic Design at Concordia University and after 3 years working in different advertising and graphic design studios in Montréal she backpacked throughout Europe for a while where she met many famous graphic designers in their own studios. She settled in Venice where she designed a poster for the Venice Carnival and then started freelancing in Milan. In 1985 she joined the Gregotti Associati International multidisciplinary studio where she met her mentor, Pierluigi Cerri with whom she worked for more than ten years taking care of corporate image for B&B Italia, BTicino, DePadova, FontanaArte, iGuzzini, Molteni&C and Unifor (Italian ADI Compasso d'Oro 1995). In the early Nineties, she opened her own graphic design/communication studio in Milan, specializing in corporate identity, art books, exhibit design, packaging and branding for different clients such as: Barilla, Bulgari, Chase Manhattan Bank, Grand Théâtre de Provence, Knoll, LualdiPorte, Moleskine, Natuzzi, San Carlo (nomination at Italian ADI
Compasso d'Oro 2004), Swatch and TV5. In 1997-98 she is also design director at Benetton Group where she develops with a group of 12 designers, corporate/graphic design, design and visual merchandising projects for: United Colors of Benetton,
Sisley, Playlife/Nordica, Kastle, Prince, Killer Loop, Roller Blade, all the subsidiary companies and nearly 70 licensees. She is also in charge of all the graphics for Oliviero Toscani's advertising campaigns. In 1999 she is head of graphic design department at Prada Group taking care of corporate identity for Prada, MiuMiu, Helmut Lang and Church. She is also responsible for Prada Fondation art books.
She was invited at Université du Québec in Montréal, Libera University of Bolzano and Perugia University for seminars and lectures. She participated in different exhibitions such as "Poster Biennale" in Warsaw and "Milano Made in Design" in Toronto.
For Ginette Caron, graphic design is first of all working on an overall coherent concept, a guideline to translate into graphics and communication. In her studio — a consolidated network of experts with different competences — graphic design becomes multidimensional, creates environment, becomes architecture: "è una grafica in ascolto, le cui narrazioni nascono nel tessuto dell'esperienza e delle relazioni".
Standard YouTube License
- 1:40:30 Graphic Design Lectureby JCCCvideo24,334 views
- 33:53 Book-in-a-Day 24: A Traveler's Notebookby Kiala Givehand962 views
- 32:43 [VLOG] Meine Grafik Design Mappe damals und heuteby Beccy Lemon11,618 views
- 17:22 How to Make a Recycled Piano Hinge Art Journalby jennibellie17,188 views
- 10:27 Joe Craig rambles about notebooks: Moleskine v Leuchtturm1917by Joe Craig8,439 views
- 49:26 Four Secrets for Great Design - Graphic Design for Everyoneby creativeLIVE29,596 views
- 4:31 A Day in the Life of a Graphic Designer | Graphic Designby HowcastTechGadgets31,224 views
- 5:56 What is in my Moleskine Pocket Notebook?by Dan Brown16,349 views
- 41 videos Play all Midori Notebooksby Heirphoto
- 5:05 Midori Style Travelers Note book....my fauxdoriby Poketfullofvintage992 views
- 5:20 Moleskine Rémy Bardin notebook @ Detour off-exhibitionby nocif33042,199 views
- 3:30 Art Journal Workshops With Suzi Blu: Moleskine Journalsby suzi blu136,074 views
- 7:07 Poderoso Castiga 21/07/2013 Exorcizando notebook HDby Danny Laazy17,404 views
- 4:08 Moleskine sketchbookby Nicolas Weis9,278 views
- 7:26 Bind-It-All Note Bookby billieprd68,943 views
- 3:56 Moleskine RTW diary 1 (not finished)by Naranjavideo45,787 views
- 7:01 Lego Moleskine Large Plain Notebook Reviewby LEGOSupremePlease2,518 views
- 3:02 Moleskine Matt Davis notebook @ Detour exhibitionby moleskinecity36,605 views
- 8:03 Moleskine Professional Notebookby Mark Brett12,533 views
- 5:57 Making A Notebook With Ribbon Bindingby CreativityPrompt29,205 views