Punjabi Mujra - 'Seene Nal' - Nida Chowdry- Pakistani Live Dance Stage Show Sung by Naseebolal
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 30, 2012
Murja is an fascinating part of the heritage of the northern Subcontinent. This Nida Chowdry performance of 'Seene Nal' song by Naseebolal from the Pakistani film 'Papu Lahoria' film is a mix of Mughal tradition, Punjabi Theatre and Pushto Belly Dance. This show is a VCD of Nida Chowdry which is part of the wide selection of modern studio or stage show MUJRA [entertainment dance] videos on the market in Pakistan.
The backing song is from the sucessful Punjabi movie 'Papu Lahoria' [clan master's name] from 2003.
It is based on Western Pop Song FORM [sections over time]: Intro + Chorus (I)* + Bridge 01 + Verse (V)** + Chorus (I)* + Bridge 02 + Verse (V)** + Chorus (I)*. No CODA [ending section - just a repeat of the chorus]. The intro and bridges are long to facilitate dancing. * The chorus is on the TONIC or (I) 'home' note area - 'doh'/'sa'. ** The verse is on the DOMINANT or (V) fifth note 'away' area 'doh'/'pa'. These MODULATIONS [movement of tonal area in a piece to give variety and sense of 'movement'] are typical of Subcontinent film song form.
Tafo is the composer of the piece. He is an outstanding PERCUSSIONIST [plays intruments you hit]. Mr. Tafo's composing style thus springs from PERCUSSION rather than melody. He produces some talented rhythmic songs that are quite 'suggestive' [or seen as 'vulgar' by some]. The songs are often not strong in melody or lyrical value, but they have great rhythm for Punjabi dance and they are a lot of fun in cinema songs and mujra stage shows.
The ENSEMBLE is shaped mainly by economics. In the earlier days all of the instruments were ACCOUSITC [live]. But by the 1990s the cinema attendances began to fail, like everywhere. Music directors in Pakistan began to replace the ACCOUSTIC orchestra with electronic keyboard samples. This works in terms of cutting costs but may have damaged cinema by making the film songs sound 'wrong' but the audience doesn't know what is 'wrong' - there are no instruments, just harsh electronic samples. On the positive side, some good songs like 'Seene Nal' have been produced in a new style that is different from the 1980s or 1970s.
The only live instruments in 'Seene Nal' is some of the PERCUSSION. There are TABLA [Indian hand floor drums tuned to (I) + (V)]; DHOLAK [Punjabi double-headed floor drums tuned to (I) + (V)]; plus some other traditional Punjabi PERCUSSION to add some ACCOUSTIC ambience to the electronics and local character. There is also a lot of interaction between electronic drum machine and traditional PERCUSSION.
The melody instruments are all electronic sounds of strings, flutes, reed instruments to imitate SHEHNAI [traditional OBOE] and a sound like a SANTOOR [strings over a box played with small hammers]. The electronic 'orchestra' just follows the same orchestration ideas as decades before with strings playing CADENCES [musical full stops] to signal the end of sections and beginning of sung phrases, plus strings running up and down scales for CADENCES plus for excitement and a sense that there is 'movement' pushing the song on.
The bridges are extended with a lot of non-organic material which is IDIOSYNCRATIC [a feature particular to] Pakistani film song composing. The drum parts and melody parts do not 'go together' and are just there to 'fill in' between the singing sections.
Naseebolal's voice may be 'The Last Great Voice of the Subcontinent'. The voice is raw and unsupressed of an energy and life that is rare in today's homogenous singers. The nasal RESONANCE [vibration giving tone colour] is typical of Pakistani Punjabi singers and may come from Punjabi pronunciation linguistics.
Naseebolal can really project these songs which sound so 'simple' but take a lot of throat tightening, energy and subtle variation of tone on the repetition to 'get the song across'.
This is a typical Punjabi Pakistani Stage Show. This is live Mujra on the stage by dancing girls. The dancing itself is much less based on KATHAK [Indian court dance] as before and more influenced by Pushto Cinema, Bhangra and Belly Dance. The changing politics in Pakistan are reflected in such a 'liberal' dance routine and costume. The costume is a more brief version of typical Punjabi actress garb of Lachcha skirt and kameez shirt. The jewellery and embroidery are typically Lahorie.
Modern Pakistani Mujra is a big industry, full of the life of the old Punjabi travelling theatres with a twist of belly dance and Pathan culture.
Khaartoum Channel acts as an educational archive of rare commercial East-West artists plus a showcase for Khaartoum songs by my friends and I, or just myself, inspired by East-West media. The aim is to inspire composers with commercial forms in national styles.
Khaartoum Channel Encourages People to SUPPORT THE ARTS and BUY THE ORIGINAL
No copyright infringement is intended presenting this video for educational purposes. All rights to OK CD CORNER, LAHORE, PAKISTAN.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:10 Nida Ch Teray Payar To Sadkay Jawan Mujraby MujraTwentyTwelve's channelFeatured 38,427
- 5:13 punjabi mujraby iambeautifullji14 1,472,258 views
- 5:15 Sitara Malik Koi Akh Mino Maray Hot Mujraby MujraTwentyTwelve's channel 779,966 views
- 3:46 live mujraby sahil khan 641,344 views
- 5:33 Mujra......Chup kerke palang pe lete rehna , kaam sare karn gi appeby Dinesh Bharadwaj 779,310 views
- 1:00 Punjabi Tharki BABA dance with Gori (hot Chick) - Baba veby TheBack-Benchers.com 278,561 views
- 6:01 Saima Khan Latest Pakistani Mujraby msajanjua 231,270 views
- 8:19 Shadi Mujra with Rupees Ki Barsaat!!! ( Money Rain)by aziz azizi 206,353 views
- 5:07 Hottest Mujra Nida Ch - Marhababy Zishee14 157,549 views
- 5:37 Hot Hot Mujra nice new song 2011by Kanaal van qaharkhan2010 2,239,632 views
- 5:32 Latest ,, Mujra Hot 361 HDby NAURA09PUNJABI 1,707,120 views
- 8:00 YouTube- Punjabi Funny Stage Drama KAR AKHIN DI HATH JORI HQ part 7.mp4by TheHanifjan 845,801 views
- 4:58 Aisha Chaudhry Latest Punjabi Hit Mujra - Koi Akh Meno Mare (2011)by TwinMaza 130,192 views
- 5:27 Pakistan Mujra - Nargis - Punjabi Song 'Harey Rang Diyan Wangan' Best of Nargis Vol. 3by Khaartoum 564,145 views
- 5:23 YouTube ina nheray na ho sajna nargis mujra 03219853333 mp4by BILALLAKSON 299,378 views
- 3:17 IFTIKHAR THAKUR & ZAFRI BEST PERFORMANCE [PAKISTANI STAGE DRAMA] - TOTAL FUNNY PARTS ONLYby PAKISTANISTAGEDRAMA 405,149 views
- 4:34 Pakistani New Hot Punjabi Mujra 2012by mastimujra 8,979 views
- 3:23 mast randi pashto girlsby MrAntonhugo 15,317 views
- 4:42 Mujra 311by Rawna1003 14,048 views
- 5:23 Aina Nere Na Ho Dildar We By Nargisby ansar mahammad 895,196 views
- Loading more suggestions...