Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 27, 2010
Copenhagen is the capital and largest city of Denmark, with an urban population of 1,167,569 (2009) and a metropolitan population of 1,875,179 (2009). Copenhagen is situated on the islands of Zealand and Amager.
First documented in the 11th century, Copenhagen became the capital of Denmark in the beginning of the 15th century and during the 17th century under the reign of Christian IV it became an important regional centre. With the completion of the transnational Oresund Bridge in 2000, Copenhagen has become the centre of the increasingly integrating Oresund Region. Within this region, Copenhagen and the Swedish city of Malmö are in the process of growing into one common metropolitan area. With around 2.7 million inhabitants within a 50 km radius, Copenhagen is one of the most densely populated areas in Northern Europe. Copenhagen is the most visited city of the Nordic countries with 1.3 million international tourists in 2007.
Copenhagen is a major regional centre of culture, business, media, and science, as indicated by several international surveys and rankings (see International rankings below). Life science, information technology and shipping are important sectors and research & development plays a major role in the city's economy. Its strategic location and excellent infrastructure with the largest airport in Scandinavia located 14 minutes by train from the city centre, has made it a regional hub and a popular location for regional headquarters as well as conventions.
Copenhagen has repeatedly been recognized as one of the cities with the best quality of life. It is also considered one of the world's most environmentally friendly cities. The water in the inner harbour is so clean that it can be swum in, and 36% of all citizens commute to work by bicycle, every day cycling a total of 1.1 million km.
Since the turn of the millennium Copenhagen has seen a strong urban and cultural development and has been described as a boom town. This is partly due to massive investments in cultural facilities as well as infrastructure and a new wave of successful designers, chefs and architects
( source Wikipedia )
Standard YouTube License
- 2:52 Copenhagen - Denmark - UCI Road World Championships 2011by THEWORLDOFTRAVEL22,167 views
- 2:54 Denmarkby THEWORLDOFTRAVEL3,602 views
- 2:11 Prague - Czech Republicby THEWORLDOFTRAVEL112,087 views
- 2:47 Saint Moritz - Switzerlandby THEWORLDOFTRAVEL12,109 views
- 14:49 A freetown (2004)CHRISTIANA DENMARK.movby virginiebaldeschi3,507 views
- 9:26 Let's go to Copenhagen! [City Review in HD]by Steven Sabbe16,698 views
- 7:35 Haïti_Prostitution_Justin de Gonzagueby justin de Gonzague7,950,764 views
- 5:04 2 Perfect Days in Copenhagenby WonderfulCopenhagen28,305 views
- 22:25 Next Stop - Next Stop: Copenhagen | Next Stop Travel TV Series Episode #029by Next Stop Travel TV Show48,408 views
- 2:14 What makes Denmark so happy?by AFP news agency151,917 views
- 25:03 Дания. Копенгаген [Города мира]by DuetTravel21,141 views
- 9:34 Travel agent video about Copenhagen, Denmark, and Scandinaviaby WonderfulCopenhagen19,369 views
- 8:46 Denmark seen by airby turistnyt27,692 views
- 5:09 copenhagen capitale mondiale della biciclettaby Enrico Bonfatti20,543 views
- 3:18 Danes take the bike in Copenhagen even when it is snowstorm, Copenhagen, Rådhuspladsenby DKupdate30,568 views
- 2:11 Wonderful COPENHAGEN city Tour Denmarkby noodzaak23,330 views
- 3:33 Copenhagen- Robert Earl Keenby tjcrnj773,821 views
- 3:21 Visit Denmarkby eurodestination193,272 views
- 2:24 Stockholm, Sweden. Aerial view.by storyboard01160,266 views
- 13:00 24 Hours in Copenhagenby zemiamedia91,879 views
- Loading more suggestions...