Aubrey de Grey - SENS Science: How we Could Dramatically Extend Healthy Life
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 31, 2013
Aubrey's 1st talk at Humanity+ @Melbourne 2012 - http://hplusconf.com.au
SENS Science - How we Could Dramatically Extend Healthy Life
2nd talk 'SENS Context' here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GHXIPY2py4k
Chief Science Officer, SENS Foundation
Dr. Aubrey de Grey is a biomedical gerontologist based in Cambridge, UK, and is the Chief Science Officer of SENS Foundation, a California-based 501(c)(3) charity dedicated to combating the aging process. He is also Editor-in-Chief of Rejuvenation Research, the world's highest-impact peer-reviewed journal focused on intervention in aging. He received his BA and Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge in 1985 and 2000 respectively. His original field was computer science, and he did research in the private sector for six years in the area of software verification before switching to biogerontology in the mid-1990s. His research interests encompass the characterisation of all the accumulating and eventually pathogenic molecular and cellular side-effects of metabolism that constitute mammalian aging and the design of interventions to repair and/or obviate that damage. He has developed a possibly comprehensive plan for such repair, termed Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence (SENS), which breaks aging down into seven major classes of damage and identifies detailed approaches to addressing each one. Dr. de Grey is a Fellow of both the Gerontological Society of America and the American Aging Association, and sits on the editorial and scientific advisory boards of numerous journals and organisations.
About SENS Research Foundation
SENS Research Foundation is a 501(c)3 public charity that researches comprehensive regenerative medicine solutions for the diseases and disabilities of aging.
SRF leads the way in developing, promoting, and ensuring widespread access to treatments that repair the damage underlying the diseases of aging.
We aim to completely redefine the way the world researches and treats aging and age-related diseases. We want you to reimagine aging.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:13:49 Amazing Discoveries In Biological Technology To Halt Agingby DiscloseTruthTV2 Featured 2,239
- 1:07:32 Aubrey de Grey - SENS Context: Why we Should Dramatically Extend Healthy Lifeby Adam Ford2,512 views
- 1:16:37 Do You Want To Live Foreverby Tony Pham13,501 views
- 19:46 Aubrey de Grey - Google vs Death: an Anti Aging Initiative - Progress in Regenerative Medicineby Adam Ford3,274 views
- 19:07 Undoing aging: Aubrey de Grey at TEDxDanubia 2013by TEDxTalks57,808 views
- 1:00:00 Aubrey de Grey - With Dr Krystal at Embiggen Booksby Adam Ford1,492 views
- 48:16 George Church - Regenesis: How Synthetic Biology Will Reinvent Nature and Ourselvesby Diego Delgado3,128 views
- 54:06 "Why it is a sin NOT to strive to develop medicine that eliminates aging" by Aubrey de Greyby transfigurism2,357 views
- 23:25 Oxford Debate: A Cure for Ageing? | Part II: Dr Aubrey de Greyby Oxford University Society of Biomedical Sciences1,571 views
- 8:29 Oxford Debate: A Cure for Ageing? | Part IV: Aubrey's Riposteby Oxford University Society of Biomedical Sciences1,078 views
- 1:04:01 "The World in 2030" by Dr. Michio Kakuby CUNYQueensborough2,835,730 views
- 1:03:39 Aubrey de Grey, N Vita-More, James NT - Scientific Progressby Adam Ford394 views
- 6:58 Maria Entraigues - Interviewby Adam Ford438 views
- 5:16 Aubrey de Grey - Addressing Criticisms & Concernsby Adam Ford1,835 views
- 24:49 Aubrey de Grey - Should we write what we think about how the future could be?by Adam Ford662 views
- 1:06:52 Aubrey de Grey -- SENS science: How we Could Dramatically Extend Healthy Lifeby Adam Ford543 views
- 35:36 Cryonics - Alcor 40 Conference - Aubrey De Greyby Alcor Cryonics446 views
- 20:00 Age Theory: Aubrey de Grey at TEDxUChicago 2012by TEDxTalks5,214 views
- 16:16 TEDxCaltech - J. Craig Venter - Future Biologyby TEDxTalks33,301 views
- 42:32 Synthetic Biology - Inventing the Futureby LiveLab Network27,445 views
- Loading more suggestions...